Championship 20/21 - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

39 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

I look forward to the inevitable cries from any club ending up in administration this season that they should be given a reprieve from the usual point deductions and other punishments imposed, as it's all due to Covid-19 and they couldn't possibly have managed to avoid this in the circumstances.

If about 20 of the 42 SPFL clubs end up in that state as a result of restrictions remaining in place longer than expected then it'd be a reasonable argument, but if it ends up being only one or two clubs such as Dunfermline who are spending transfer fees and handing out three year deals, Dundee who are launching money at former Scotland internationals while laying off backroom staff or any of the lower league big spenders living outwith their means then that'd be utter bollocks. Clubs living within their means who've cut their budgets accordingly to avoid getting in the same mess would be getting punished for Covid-19 twice over if those clubs get away with it.

Lol 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Toby said:

Dundee are some laugh- a week that they’ve just paid off 16 academy coaches and in comes a former Scotland international, who won’t be coming back home for £200 a week.

Admin 3.0 is long overdue now, hopefully this pushes it along a wee bit.

Ah, the 1 marquee signing and having to fill half the team with shrapnel approach that worked so well with Dorrans last season, and QOS since 2016.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Club_Update&ID=12543

Germany based investment group purchases a large stage in Dunfermline. 

I'd be pretty cautious about that if I were a Pars fan. Given the nature of the background of those involved, surely it's all about making money? Pretty impossible in football in this country normally.

• 2 weeks later...

Disband the club now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Greenock Derby is a football match between Greenock Morton FC and Greenock Juniors FC. It was first played competitively in the Lowland League of 2026-27, with the Juniors beating Morton 5-1 at their shared ground of Ravenscraig.[1][2]

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, pink_panther said:

anyone think the league will be cancelled or delayed?

Delaying it at this stage wonMt do much other than take away whatever revenue can be gained from streaming. Regardless of how things play out, we need government assistance.

Archived