Championship 20/21 - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queen of the South who only had 2 players signed at the start of the month have added 7 to their squad today - 

Gregor Buchanan, Joe McKee, Dan Pybus, Rhys McCabe, Connor Shields, Tommy Goss and Aiden Fitzpatrick on loan from Norwich

5 minutes ago, so72 said:

Queen of the South who only had 2 players signed at the start of the month have added 7 to their squad today - 

Gregor Buchanan, Joe McKee, Dan Pybus, Rhys McCabe, Connor Shields, Tommy Goss and Aiden Fitzpatrick on loan from Norwich

A bargain bucket relegation job lot.

I'll refrain from casting aspersions at the bumpkins' signings until our squad starts looking in decent shape. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's worth recalling Dundee technical director Gordon Strachan's braying intervention to restructure Scottish football for the 'proper' teams, made three months ago to the very day:

Gordon Strachan: Ex-Scotland boss says too many clubs are not professional enough
Former Scotland boss Gordon Strachan believes too many of the country's senior clubs are not professional enough.

Of the 42 member sides of the SPFL, 22 employ players on a full-time basis, while the remaining 20 are part-time.

Strachan thinks the lack of fully professional sides is holding the game back.

"If you want to be a professional club, show it," he told the BBC's Scottish football podcast.
"Have full-time employees, have full-time players, have an academy, do the whole lot. Just don't play at being a football team and expect us to look after you.

"When you talk about clubs coming into the league, what are they bringing in? Two hundred people per week to a game, is that really professional football?

"The teams in the bottom two leagues at the moment, in general, how many players have they produced over the last 14 years?"

Presumably he'll now be filing his resignation as Dundee director rather than head up one of the diddy tinpot outfits who have been Holding the National Game Back all along. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

14 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Dundee are signing Charlie Adam. Was pretty decent for Reading last season so isn’t completely finished yet.

Dundee are some laugh- a week that they’ve just paid off 16 academy coaches and in comes a former Scotland international, who won’t be coming back home for £200 a week.

Admin 3.0 is long overdue now, hopefully this pushes it along a wee bit.

Looking forward to him and Dorrans being given the runaround in the middle of the park by any set of jobbers who can actually run the length of themselves, it's like they're playing a game of Football Manager and just signing anyone who used to be good.

3 hours ago, Toby said:

Dundee are some laugh- a week that they’ve just paid off 16 academy coaches and in comes a former Scotland international, who won’t be coming back home for £200 a week.

Admin 3.0 is long overdue now, hopefully this pushes it along a wee bit.

I look forward to the inevitable cries from any club ending up in administration this season that they should be given a reprieve from the usual point deductions and other punishments imposed, as it's all due to Covid-19 and they couldn't possibly have managed to avoid this in the circumstances.

If about 20 of the 42 SPFL clubs end up in that state as a result of restrictions remaining in place longer than expected then it'd be a reasonable argument, but if it ends up being only one or two clubs such as Dunfermline who are spending transfer fees and handing out three year deals, Dundee who are launching money at former Scotland internationals while laying off backroom staff or any of the lower league big spenders living outwith their means then that'd be utter bollocks. Clubs living within their means who've cut their budgets accordingly to avoid getting in the same mess would be getting punished for Covid-19 twice over if those clubs get away with it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Archived