Championship 20/21 - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

In that case, I didn't even know that those where the rules. I can understand Aberdeen players being naive to them. I had assumed that football players had additional rules to follow due to being allowed to participate in contact sport. I had no idea what the rules were in pubs, tbh. 

On a related note. When was it announced when Championship clubs would be allowed back to training? I can find a statement from early July saying that guidance for that would be released shortly, but I can't find that guidance anywhere. 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, vikingTON said:

The only thing that the pause in training is for is a pathetic, political virtue-signalling exercise by the SG and its chief moron officer Jason Leitch.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, and that the coronavirus joint response group want to be seen to be doing something more than anything else. So we have a week of education (which I think amounts to everyone watching a video by Leitch and managers/captains asking the players if they know the rules). To be fair, many players won't know the rules and will be in need of the education, but the pause is about to making it look like action is being taken. 

GREENOCK MORTON FC – CLUB STATEMENT

On Monday night’s BBC Radio Scotland programme, ‘Sportsound’ and in the midst of a live production, one of the panellists expressed the view that he had been told that Greenock Morton and Raith Rovers had complained to the SFA with relation to the Heart of Midlothian FC squad being allowed to train.

As a Club we can categorically state that no such complaint was ever despatched from us to the SFA with respect to Heart of Midlothian FC on this matter.

Equally, the only recent contact between Morton and the SFA has been a request to return to full training which was compliant with current rules and guidelines. 

The Club, as a consequence, has complained to BBC Scotland clearly stating our position and requesting that the broadcaster addresses this issue as a matter of course.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Disappointing lack of references to Craig Levein as a speccy, mewling Hearts mouthpiece for an official club statement IMO. As per the rules of Scottish football in 2020 so far, these should either be a box-office smackdown or a full toys out of the pram tirade. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

More than happy for our matches against them to develop into fiery grudge matches.

For those of s certain vintage........As long as we don't get the song

"Oh we hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

We hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

Oh we hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

We are the jam tart, haters"

S02E05-czmvGuNO.jpg

Clearly an original masterpiece that was cruelly robbed out of the 'A Song For Scotland' winners title in 1979 by some meddling Eurovision judges there.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Listened to a snipped from the podcast. The "important" (loosely speaking) part from Craig Levein:

Levein: "It's another case of people just thinking they can do what they like and hand out sanctions willy-nilly. They mentioned the word fairness, or unfairness - that means the same thing, obviously, in this context. And how it can possibly be fair that Hearts were allowed to train - they were doing everything that they possibly good to follow the guidance - and then, I didn't realize, I think it was you that told me yesterday, Tom [English], that a couple of teams have actually complained to the SFA that Hearts had an unfair advantage because they were training. But those teams - I believe it was Morton and Raith - those teams also had the opportunity to start training."

English: "Two weeks ago."

Levein: "They didn't want it. What they wanted to do was keep their players on furlough so they wouldn't spend money. You know? So how can this be fair, how is this possibly fair, that they stopped Hearts training by doing everything correctly?"

For Levein to say that Morton and Raith had complained to the SFA seems to be incorrect. I believe Morton and Raith when they say that this didn't happen. Levein quoted Tom English on this as Tom sat next to him and didn't correct him on it. So as far as I'm concerned Levein was talking rubbish when he says we grassed Hearts up to the SFA.

Nonetheless, because Ray MacKinnon can't go five seconds without sitting in front of a microphone, we do have documentary record of him saying that Hearts' being allowed to train is unfair to clubs like Morton, and he also made the factually incorrect assertion that Hearts had got special dispensation to start early because they were appealing against relegation; and then said that because Morton have chucked it and don't want to spend any money on anything, Hearts shouldn't be allowed to train.

Now, in one sense that's fine - MacKinnon is in charge at Morton and has to put the interest of Morton above all else, even including, yes, fairness. But at the same time if he's going to go flapping his gums to the "Scottish Sun" every time something controversial comes up, he has to acknowledge that he's going to get peoples' backs up, and that they will take that animus and run with it.

I think Levein should acknowledge that Morton (and Raith) didn't grass Hearts up to the SFA, unless he or English can produce evidence that they did. But I also think that MacKinnon needlessly fanned the flames of this by saying to the media what Levein accused him of saying to the SFA. Could he not just have kept his fucking mouth shut for a change? Maybe save this kind of thing for his email knitting circle?

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

For those of s certain vintage........As long as we don't get the song

"Oh we hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

We hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

Oh we hate jam tarts and we hate jam tarts

We are the jam tart, haters"

Or the classic "We went to Tynecastle one Wednesday night..."

Best to stick to whatever winds their lot up, tbh.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

35 minutes ago, TRVMP said:

Listened to a snipped from the podcast. The "important" (loosely speaking) part from Craig Levein:

For Levein to say that Morton and Raith had complained to the SFA seems to be incorrect. I believe Morton and Raith when they say that this didn't happen. Levein quoted Tom English on this as Tom sat next to him and didn't correct him on it. So as far as I'm concerned Levein was talking rubbish when he says we grassed Hearts up to the SFA.

Nonetheless, because Ray MacKinnon can't go five seconds without sitting in front of a microphone, we do have documentary record of him saying that Hearts' being allowed to train is unfair to clubs like Morton, and he also made the factually incorrect assertion that Hearts had got special dispensation to start early because they were appealing against relegation; and then said that because Morton have chucked it and don't want to spend any money on anything, Hearts shouldn't be allowed to train.

Now, in one sense that's fine - MacKinnon is in charge at Morton and has to put the interest of Morton above all else, even including, yes, fairness. But at the same time if he's going to go flapping his gums to the "Scottish Sun" every time something controversial comes up, he has to acknowledge that he's going to get peoples' backs up, and that they will take that animus and run with it.

I think Levein should acknowledge that Morton (and Raith) didn't grass Hearts up to the SFA, unless he or English can produce evidence that they did. But I also think that MacKinnon needlessly fanned the flames of this by saying to the media what Levein accused him of saying to the SFA. Could he not just have kept his fucking mouth shut for a change? Maybe save this kind of thing for his email knitting circle?

Ray MacKinnon...

Fanned the flames of what exactly? Unless I'm mistaken, McKinnon's interview was published at least a day before Levein's incorrect, drooling insinuations on Sportsound. The only person who tried to start a fire here then was Craig Levein, whose nonsense claims have been stomped down so far as a point of fact.

8 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Fanned the flames of what exactly? Unless I'm mistaken, McKinnon's interview was published at least a day before Levein's incorrect, drooling insinuations on Sportsound. The only person who tried to start a fire here then was Craig Levein, whose nonsense claims have been stomped down so far as a point of fact.

MacKinnon needlessly commented on Hearts' training issues in the press. There was no reason whatsoever for him to do so. That Levein was caught talking bollocks about Morton going to the SFA isn't disputed here - it's that MacKinnon shouldn't have got involved in the first place.

And they've both been wrong on a point of fact - it's not true that Hearts were given special dispensation to start training because of their failed relegation appeal.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived