Championship 20/21 - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Championship 20/21

Jamie_M

On 7/7/2020 at 9:56 AM, dunning1874 said:

Regardless of what you think of the Challenge Cup generally (the correct answer is that the inclusion of foreign teams is brilliant and the only change needed is binning the colts in favour of more Highland & Lowland clubs) there's surely an argument for running it as a pre-season tournament this year with Scottish teams only, also on an opt-in basis. This would obviously have to remain flexible to be decided some time in August when we have a clearer picture of whether crowds will be back at games, but if you get 16 teams interested it could run from mid-September before the League Cup starts? If clubs are back in training from the start of September and would be playing friendlies at that point anyway they're as well getting a trophy and prize money to play for, however meagre it is.

In the also realistic scenario that even distanced crowds aren't possible and/or teams aren't interested, scrapping the whole thing is obviously the way to go. There had been rumours about it not starting until 2021 but I'm not sure it's sensible to be planning fixtures for midweeks in March when there'll inevitably be postponed league games over winter to cram in.

This is a great suggestion tbh. For me it is either a pre-season tournament this year or you bin it. 

Mon the Ton

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we stood to earn upwards of £100k from selling by far our best player to Hibs and decided to spunk it on securing Dom 'Dom' Thomas, 'Kevin O'Hara' and every other Championship journeyman with a decent agent before furlough ends then I'd be absolutely livid. It's like the time that Barcelona sold Neymar and squandered all the money on donkeys on a much smaller scale.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

If we stood to earn upwards of £100k from selling by far our best player to Hibs and decided to spunk it on securing Dom 'Dom' Thomas, 'Kevin O'Hara' and every other Championship journeyman with a decent agent before furlough ends then I'd be absolutely livid. It's like the time that Barcelona sold Neymar and squandered all the money on donkeys on a much smaller scale.

Dunfermline fans on P&B creaming themselves over today's dealings.

Dunfermline signing Thomas is possibly good news for us given their rumoured interest in Nesbitt. While he was in and out the team in the first half of the season he really hit form and cemented his place from January onwards, and with Cadden away he's pretty much going to be a stick on to start games for us barring a total collapse in form.

At Dunfermline they've already got Dow and Thomas as well as options through the middle if he was to be used as a number 10. He's a better player than Thomas so would have every reason to be confident of earning a place ahead of him, but considering the Dunfermline tendency to hype up sand dancers or wasters and ignore genuine talent right under their noses (see Cardle, Joe; Barrowman, Andy; v Forbes, Ross) he'd be risking moving to sit on the bench for much of the season.

Also good recruitment can only get you so far, and his record to date suggests that Crawford is a poor manager.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

43 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Would have happily taken him at Cappielow.

Ian Wilson leaves Killie also and heads to Dunfermline.

Wilson's highly rated by a lot people but also has an appalling record in first team football courtesy of playing for Queen of the South. He's played 19 Championship games over two seasons and only had one win, with 14 defeats :lol:

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

10 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

Wilson's highly rated by a lot people but also has an appalling record in first team football courtesy of playing for Queen of the South. He's played 19 Championship games over two seasons and only had one win, with 14 defeats :lol:

:lol:

More than happy to see that trend continue at Dunfermline.

45 minutes ago, dunning1874 said:

The reverse Allan Jenkins then.

I'm particularly irked by Raith handing out a two year deal for MacDonald (presumably) outside of furlough, given that they set up a totally shameless crowdfunding account to 'save their club' within days of the season being suspended, as well as begging the rest of the SPFL to contribute to their ridiculous legal representation at the Hearts/Partick case. They should get absolutely fuck all from us and the rest of the SPFL. A wee second wave delaying the season would be 100% worth it if it also fucked over both horrible Fife clubs in this division.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

4 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Fixtures are announced for the Championship, League One and League Two today at 2pm.

Scottish Championship 
Ayr United v Queen of the South
Dunfermline Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle 
Heart of Midlothian v Dundee 
Morton v Alloa Athletic
Raith Rovers v Arbroath

Full list here

https://spfl.co.uk/league/championship/fixtures

1 away game at Hearts, 20th February.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Hearts at home on 5th December. 

We get them at home twice.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived