so72

New Kit Launched

To be honest I didn't like it in the first place, but they've made that considerably worse with the yellow sponsor.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I understand McDaid is yet to start, and I get that MaCKinnon’s an older guy with about 100 other responsibilities, but nearly everything about that launch is tinpot. The bizarre way it was built up, the one picture and the article that reads like we’ve programmed a bot to do it. It’s not the end of the world I know, but there’s Lowland League clubs that would’ve presented it more professionally than ourselves.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

And by announcing Hopkin was involved in the design, unless they designed it completely on August 3rd, had a prototype made and delivered in time for it to be photographed on Oliver on the 5th, or they designed it way back in March, that's potentially a very public admission of breach of furlough.

Could’ve been in the works from before lockdown - there’s photos of Salkeld in a kit and he’s been in Newcastle since football stopped

Shocking that today’s kit is the third variant of it weve now been shown, would like to know if Gerry has already taken over the twitter and website posting.

1 minute ago, Renfrew said:

Could’ve been in the works from before lockdown - there’s photos of Salkeld in a kit and he’s been in Newcastle since football stopped

Shocking that today’s kit is the third variant of it weve now been shown, would like to know if Gerry has already taken over the twitter and website posting.

It’s MacKinnon for now.

I dont get why they had to keep the honking yellow Millions sponsor (sick of the sight of it tbh).  It looked fine with the sponsor the same as the blue trim

here today, gone to hell

5 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

It’s MacKinnon for now.

Huge fan of playing it off as a mystery kit rather than shoddy marketing, the guys got brains

That statement on the website is nearly as shite as the socks. There’s no excuses for this kind of utterly unprofessional, incompetent rubbish.

AWMSC

I presume the deal with millions means the sponsor will always be yellow? Like the kit tbh. Will be getting it 

1 minute ago, Doddie said:

I presume the deal with millions means the sponsor will always be yellow? Like the kit tbh. Will be getting it 

It's not unfeasible that the sponsors logo has to stay with their colours. But why parade a prototype with custom coloured sponsor, have prototypes in the past for fan votes with custom coloured sponsor and have a custom one (albeit still yellow) on the current away top?

Look forward to the day we no longer have Millions as our shirt sponsors. Hopefully be able to generate some extra cash for the sponsorship next season if we allow other businesses to bid for it. 

• Upvote 1

I haven't sighed so loud after reading an article since we announced our retention list. 

Edit: could we have at least cleared the leaves in the picture? 

Edited by ChampTon

1 minute ago, Scott said:

Look forward to the day we no longer have Millions as our shirt sponsors. Hopefully be able to generate some extra cash for the sponsorship next season if we allow other businesses to bid for it. 

20200819_143250.jpg

Morton are crap at everything they put their hand to.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

2 hours ago, Deego said:

I like it and I like the socks.

The socks are growing on me.

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

And by announcing Hopkin was involved in the design, unless they designed it completely on August 3rd, had a prototype made and delivered in time for it to be photographed on Oliver on the 5th, or they designed it way back in March, that's potentially a very public admission of breach of furlough.

MacKinnon showed me the prototype that Oliver was photographed in back in January when I went to meet him after Twittergate.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Toby said:

MacKinnon showed me the prototype that Oliver was photographed in back in January when I went to meet him after Twittergate.

Fair enough. Glad to hear it then, hoped that would be the case.

Also other than Ayr how many outings is that kit going to get away from home? In the league the only obvious one is Ayr. The rest of the league have either blue or similarly dark coloured shirts.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Also other than Ayr how many outings is that kit going to get away from home? In the league the only obvious one is Ayr. The rest of the league have either blue or similarly dark coloured shirts.

Aye, struggling to really see the point other than MacKinnon having some weird obsession with a navy strip. If there’s going to be a third strip out the blue, at least go for something quite unusual rather just a bland offering that will barely be seen.

That he thinks he’s produced some big mystery campaign is mental though, it’s been getting discussed for being a shambles, not because everyone was on tenterhooks awaiting their grand reveal.

Edited by EanieMeany

AWMSC

10 hours ago, Toby said:

It was probably found under a pile of programmes for the Dundee United game in March

Which you’ll soon be able to buy, according to MacKinnon’s last interview with McDade on YouTube 🙃