New Kit Launched - Page 7 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

6 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Did anyone from the club do any sampling or quality control between the kits being manufactured and sent to Smiths? If not then why not? 

Morton seem to have very little interest or control over the quality/consistency of their most important piece of merchandise. The entire production chain seems to be an absolute clusterfuck. 

They probably did - or would have been sent pictures of samples at least - but I'd guess the entire batch of retail shirts went straight to Smiths. If they've received hundreds of shirts in boxes then they aren't going to be able to check each one, especially as they are all wrapped in plastic.

Finding the odd shirt with a mark as a result of the manufacturing process isn't that unusual in my experience, and on this occasion not really something Morton can be blamed for. It's just typical/unfortunate that it has happened along with all the other usual 'Morton-ness'...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, hayfever said:

They probably did - or would have been sent pictures of samples at least - but I'd guess the entire batch of retail shirts went straight to Smiths. If they've received hundreds of shirts in boxes then they aren't going to be able to check each one, especially as they are all wrapped in plastic.

Finding the odd shirt with a mark as a result of the manufacturing process isn't that unusual in my experience, and on this occasion not really something Morton can be blamed for. It's just typical/unfortunate that it has happened along with all the other usual 'Morton-ness'...

Morton absolutely share a portion of the blame. It's their brand, them that commission the strip and ultimately them who's name will be laughed at and dragged through the mud. 

Stains are one thing - not be the first time i've picked up a poloshirt or the likes in the shop and noticed something - but the difference in manufacturing of each strip is not on IMO.

It's piss poor stuff. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

20 minutes ago, bob_the_builder said:

If this is what they're like with strips and marketing can you imagine the carnage a Morton PPV TV channel is going to be when/if we're not allowed back in the grounds by October?!

You aren't insinuating that a club with a website that crashes when 2 people try to read a statement won't be be able to handle streaming games to a bunch of people are you?

Not Morton related whatsoever, this has to be one of the best new football shirts I've seen in years:

jd_349085_a?qlt=92&w=950&h=1212&v=1&fmt=

Given the choice between spending c.£50 on a Morton shirt or that one above, and the Smiths/Vision Sports/Est1874 effort would not be getting my money.

ETA:  I knew it reminded me of World Cup 1990 somehow:

world-in-motion-03-gq-14jun18_kevin-cumm

*insert signature here*

9 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

No offence but that is rank.

I just glanced quickly at your post and saw the big W avatar next to you saying it was rank.  I thought it was appropriate somehow.

Next.

*insert signature here*

2 hours ago, capitanus said:

Not Morton related whatsoever, this has to be one of the best new football shirts I've seen in years:

Given the choice between spending c.£50 on a Morton shirt or that one above, and the Smiths/Vision Sports/Est1874 effort would not be getting my money.

ETA:  I knew it reminded me of World Cup 1990 somehow:

world-in-motion-03-gq-14jun18_kevin-cumm

Tacky wallpaper.

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

I really like that top as well, an absolute belter. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

8 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Morton absolutely share a portion of the blame. It's their brand, them that commission the strip and ultimately them who's name will be laughed at and dragged through the mud. 

Stains are one thing - not be the first time i've picked up a poloshirt or the likes in the shop and noticed something - but the difference in manufacturing of each strip is not on IMO.

It's piss poor stuff. 

My point was about a couple of strips with stains compared to how many delivered without stains, but yes agree with the bolded section of course. I've been happy with the quality of the couple of Vision-created strips I own but will retain judgement on the new one until I actually have it. 

I've no doubt MCT will be looking at that process as part of the takeover, they'd be mad not to

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

This:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/18578901.morton-paid-special-tribute-late-chairman/

:lol: :lol:

When other clubs are putting Rainbow Flags and 'Black Lives Matter' patches on their shirts, Morton are putting 'One in a Million' on ours:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/08/guns-n-roses-remove-song-homophobic-racist-language-one-million-reissue-album

Its not like Morton to be out of step with the times.  It could only be us.

:lol: 

*insert signature here*

Rather a Dougie Rae tribute on the shirt than some other shan attempt at virtue-signalling.

I'm fully supportive of LGBT and BLM but we don't need to follow the crowd here.

Edit to add that's a pretty tenuous link and doubt more than 1 in a million will even know about it.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jamie_M said:

You aren't insinuating that a club with a website that crashes when 2 people try to read a statement won't be be able to handle streaming games to a bunch of people are you?

I’d never in my life suggest such a slight on a technologically advanced club such Morton 😂😂

here today, gone to hell

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Rather a Dougie Rae tribute on the shirt than some other shan attempt at virtue-signalling.

I'm fully supportive of LGBT and BLM but we don't need to follow the crowd here.

Edit to add that's a pretty tenuous link and doubt more than 1 in a million will even know about it.

Couldn't disagree more. The only thing holding us back from worldwide racial harmony is a lack of acknowledgement of BLM on Morton's shirt collar.

EOho8Pw.png

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I know that, I just found it very ironic. :D

I prefer a BLT with a crescent of crisps.

The thing about 'fan ownership' will mean Rainbow Flags in the Cowshed along with NHS hearts on the shirts, vegan Pies and we will be watching 'Football for Punks' like all the F-CUM and Whitehawk fannies.  It's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

*insert signature here*

I think it's slightly more likely that we'll finally bring El Dorado home as a shirt sponsor instead of them promoting some 7th grade ex-junior non-entities right now.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived