so72

New Kit Launched

Not Morton related whatsoever, this has to be one of the best new football shirts I've seen in years:

jd_349085_a?qlt=92&w=950&h=1212&v=1&fmt=

Given the choice between spending c.£50 on a Morton shirt or that one above, and the Smiths/Vision Sports/Est1874 effort would not be getting my money.

ETA:  I knew it reminded me of World Cup 1990 somehow:

world-in-motion-03-gq-14jun18_kevin-cumm

Edited by capitanus
  • Upvote 1

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

9 minutes ago, Woody66 said:

No offence but that is rank.

I just glanced quickly at your post and saw the big W avatar next to you saying it was rank.  I thought it was appropriate somehow.

Next.

2 hours ago, capitanus said:

Not Morton related whatsoever, this has to be one of the best new football shirts I've seen in years:

Given the choice between spending c.£50 on a Morton shirt or that one above, and the Smiths/Vision Sports/Est1874 effort would not be getting my money.

ETA:  I knew it reminded me of World Cup 1990 somehow:

world-in-motion-03-gq-14jun18_kevin-cumm

Tacky wallpaper.

4 hours ago, capitanus said:

I really like that top as well, an absolute belter. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

8 hours ago, TONofmemories said:

Morton absolutely share a portion of the blame. It's their brand, them that commission the strip and ultimately them who's name will be laughed at and dragged through the mud. 

Stains are one thing - not be the first time i've picked up a poloshirt or the likes in the shop and noticed something - but the difference in manufacturing of each strip is not on IMO.

It's piss poor stuff. 

My point was about a couple of strips with stains compared to how many delivered without stains, but yes agree with the bolded section of course. I've been happy with the quality of the couple of Vision-created strips I own but will retain judgement on the new one until I actually have it. 

I've no doubt MCT will be looking at that process as part of the takeover, they'd be mad not to

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Got mine today but pen marks on the inside which are visible. Back to smiths it goes 

This:

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/18578901.morton-paid-special-tribute-late-chairman/

:lol: :lol:

When other clubs are putting Rainbow Flags and 'Black Lives Matter' patches on their shirts, Morton are putting 'One in a Million' on ours:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/may/08/guns-n-roses-remove-song-homophobic-racist-language-one-million-reissue-album

Its not like Morton to be out of step with the times.  It could only be us.

:lol: 

Edited by capitanus
Tried to remove video as found good online explanation

Rather a Dougie Rae tribute on the shirt than some other shan attempt at virtue-signalling.

I'm fully supportive of LGBT and BLM but we don't need to follow the crowd here.

Edit to add that's a pretty tenuous link and doubt more than 1 in a million will even know about it.

Edited by GiGi
  • Upvote 2

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

On 7/14/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jamie_M said:

You aren't insinuating that a club with a website that crashes when 2 people try to read a statement won't be be able to handle streaming games to a bunch of people are you?

I’d never in my life suggest such a slight on a technologically advanced club such Morton 😂😂

here today, gone to hell

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

Rather a Dougie Rae tribute on the shirt than some other shan attempt at virtue-signalling.

I'm fully supportive of LGBT and BLM but we don't need to follow the crowd here.

Edit to add that's a pretty tenuous link and doubt more than 1 in a million will even know about it.

Couldn't disagree more. The only thing holding us back from worldwide racial harmony is a lack of acknowledgement of BLM on Morton's shirt collar.

• Upvote 2

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

I know that, I just found it very ironic. :D

I prefer a BLT with a crescent of crisps.

The thing about 'fan ownership' will mean Rainbow Flags in the Cowshed along with NHS hearts on the shirts, vegan Pies and we will be watching 'Football for Punks' like all the F-CUM and Whitehawk fannies.  It's gonna happen. :rolleyes:

I think it's slightly more likely that we'll finally bring El Dorado home as a shirt sponsor instead of them promoting some 7th grade ex-junior non-entities right now.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

5 hours ago, capitanus said:

Its not like Morton to be out of step with the times.  It could only be us.

:lol: 

🤣🤣🤣 Bollocks!

No-one seeing the phrase 'one in a million' on a 'ton shirt is going to equate it with a song title from that awful American pantomime metal band.

In terms of the other kit manufacturer options in the market place - assuming they would want to speak to a club the size of Morton (and they weren't too expensive) -  some of the less famous blue and white hooped teams in the UK had kits with the likes of Macron and Errea for the 2019/20 season...

QPR 19 20 Home.PNG

Reading 19 20.PNG

Oxford City 19 20.PNG

The last one is Oxford City, who probably have the templated Macron blue and white hooped kit, with Reading's a more customised version of that template.

The advantage of being with Vision is we get a bespoke kit, unique to GMFC. Moving to a more recognised supplier may not guarantee that, but the quality might be better overall. 

Tbf, of visions last few efforts, i've never really had an issue with the quality of the material etc. 

My issue with this one is the difference between each individual strip in and around the collar area and the fact it's not as advertised. Of course, i could just avoid buying but we shouldn't be forced into that decision because someone's made an arse of the manufacturing. It's not hard. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Yeah, I think people forget that the whole reason we started using a bespoke supplier in the first place was that we were consistently getting poor quality from established manufacturers, with badges and sponsors peeling off after a couple of washes. Clearly Vision have made an arse with the buttons on this one which is unfortunate but there's been no quality issue with any of the previous kits, and the club did say they saw a big upturn in sales when they first went bespoke as well.

• Upvote 1

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Has there been an obvious difference from kit to kit? Is it between the short and long sleeve versions only, or has it actually been an issue with many of the actual individual kits? I'm not disputing it's happened, just curious to see it's an issue with the entire order seeing as I have one on its way to Australia (not that I have any tracking information to see if it's actually on its way).

And to reiterate, I really like the Vision kits as well. Wasn't sure about the necessity of the mesh back of the yellow and blue away kit, but it's a really smart kit. 

Being with Vision allows us to have a full range of bespoke kits, with the other manufacturers you might see the home kit as the only completely unique version.

Can't comment on individual strips because i don't own one, but from the various pictures i've seen the white of the collar protrudes into the blue hoop at varying depths. Pedantic perhaps, but when we continuously make an arse of things it's just another to add to the collection. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I've had the pin stripe home top and red tartan away top and never had any issues with the quality.  They've been used multiple times for 5s and general wear and are still in great nick!  I'd have already bought the new home top by now if it wasn't for the issues with the collar!  I've seen some pics on Twitter and some fans don't seem to have the overlap so I'll need to go into Smith's for a look before I buy

The Nike tops were honking bog standard templates so I never bought any of those but a couple of the Puma tops weren't bad

here today, gone to hell