New Kit Launched - Page 13 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Surely the names have to be in white if they're on a blue hoop? Can barely read them in that picture, you'll have no chance seeing them on the pitch.

Does it matter though? Who are names on shirts aimed at?

4 hours ago, The Bewilderedbeast said:

Was speaking to someone yesterday about football in general, he is friendly with Frankie McAvoy the Preston North End assistant.

Apparently when he and Alex Neil were at Norwich, everyone got a brand new, out of the packet, training kit every day.

Wonder when we'll reach that level at Cappielow 😂

Never, because that's a nonsense.

8 hours ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

The red probably stood out more, but I prefer the black. 

The black is less garish, certainly. I 'preferred' the red as i could identify who was who a little more easily from the terrace.

I remember one season at least while we had the Sports Connection/Avec shirt that the numbers were black or navy with a fairly thick yellow border. That worked quite well. Can't remember if that was before or after having the numbers on a white square with that same shirt.

4 hours ago, Ray Von said:

Went into smiths yesterday, not keen on the 3rd top at all. Why isn’t the sponsor in the strip like the home and away one? Home top is better up close than I thought it would be.

Think it’s because they’ve used a more textured fabric, so it can’t be made with the sponsor logo sublimated.

12 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Think it’s because they’ve used a more textured fabric, so it can’t be made with the sponsor logo sublimated.

The image used on the Smiths online store makes the home shirt seem as if it’s a textured fabric. I’m assuming that’s not the case though.

22 hours ago, Ray Von said:

Went into smiths yesterday, not keen on the 3rd top at all. Why isn’t the sponsor in the strip like the home and away one? Home top is better up close than I thought it would be.

Same. Didn't buy it because of that very reason. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

13 minutes ago, TonFan said:

That's the away top, he said the home top.

The home top isn't textured in reality and iirc has a sublimated logo. Pedro's point is the same though I suppose, that the third kit is different because it's a different texture. I'm always a bit confused when club's vary the material between new kits like that, but it might be to do with how you can achieve the colours required.

I think the third kit looks smart but is an opportunity missed, I preferred the prototype where the sponsor and badge etc were all light blue. Golden Casket perhaps have a strict style guide to logo use though meaning the prototype wasn't actually ever going to be possible...

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Archived