New Kit Launched - Page 12 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, hayfever said:

Thanks - good to know. Although does that mean Arc have dropped out, seeing as millions is on the back of the new kit? 

Millions was printed on the back of the replica kits last season, with the Arc and Blairs logos added to the players shirts and shorts. Could be the same deal for the coming season.

I see Smiths are advertising the new home and 3rd kits as being for 2020/22. 

I know we normally keep them for 2 years but is that a bit presumptuous?

Or has that decision been made (and by who?) that the kit won't change or the sponsor, cutting off potential revenue streams if the ownership change goes through next summer?

Screenshot_20200824-144559_Chrome.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 12:16 AM, hayfever said:

It's been mentioned before that the club has always insisted Golden Casket "pay the going rate" for the shirt sponsorship, but I doubt the club would ever release the figures anyway.

Interesting however that the new home kit has Millions on the back as well, which strikes me as a missed opportunity to get some additional funds - unless GC are paying separately for that as well.

Dundee Utd's new kits for example have a different back of shirt sponsor (as you would expect, as that's kind of the point (in fact they have two back of shirt sponsors)) and short, sock and sleeve sponsors.

It's a bit cluttered and desperate looking but at least you can see they've got their commercial department working.

It looks like the rules (page 84) state the amount of sponsors you're allowed is about total area used, rather than a restriction of the number of sponsors?

4 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

On 8/24/2020 at 2:04 PM, Pedrodelawasp said:

Millions was printed on the back of the replica kits last season, with the Arc and Blairs logos added to the players shirts and shorts. Could be the same deal for the coming season.

Blairs may not be too happy with their logo being near invisible at the bottom of the shirts.

Preferred the red name and numbers. Yellow with a black outline may be even better for visibility, but I guess the SPFL only do certain colours.

16 hours ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

Blairs may not be too happy with their logo being near invisible at the bottom of the shirts.

Preferred the red name and numbers. Yellow with a black outline may be even better for visibility, but I guess the SPFL only do certain colours.

The red probably stood out more, but I prefer the black. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived