New Kit Launched - Page 11 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

I just don't get why they think that now, right now in the middle of a 20% plunge in the economy is a good time to release another new top to the market: even with the most professional marketing pitch in the world I don't see how it can reach the desired sales total in that context. Unless the Millions sponsorship is up for renewal/replacement at the end of the season then it really should have been kept on hold instead.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2020 at 11:30 PM, Scott said:

Look forward to the day we no longer have Millions as our shirt sponsors. Hopefully be able to generate some extra cash for the sponsorship next season if we allow other businesses to bid for it. 

It's been mentioned before that the club has always insisted Golden Casket "pay the going rate" for the shirt sponsorship, but I doubt the club would ever release the figures anyway.

Interesting however that the new home kit has Millions on the back as well, which strikes me as a missed opportunity to get some additional funds - unless GC are paying separately for that as well.

Dundee Utd's new kits for example have a different back of shirt sponsor (as you would expect, as that's kind of the point (in fact they have two back of shirt sponsors)) and short, sock and sleeve sponsors.

It's a bit cluttered and desperate looking but at least you can see they've got their commercial department working.

It looks like the rules (page 84) state the amount of sponsors you're allowed is about total area used, rather than a restriction of the number of sponsors?

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Based on previous discussions on here I think it’s somewhere in the ballpark of £25k-£30k pa. There’s a consistent figure of approx £27k in GC’s accounts year on year payable to ‘other creditors’ - I wonder if that’s it.

I remember looking at the accounts up until 2017 and there was that miscellaneous number that did seem pretty consistent with a sponsorship figure. Other GC subsidies started to decline around then but that one was pretty constant. Not sure if it's still the case but it definitely used to be.

EOho8Pw.png

18 minutes ago, Scott said:

I really, really, hope we've got a sponsor lined up for Morton TV. 

I'm more worried about them not considering connectivity for it since all they've mentioned is investing in the recording equipment. It won't be that cheap to get a circuit into supported and it isn't always the quickest thing to get done either. 

11 hours ago, hayfever said:

It's been mentioned before that the club has always insisted Golden Casket "pay the going rate" for the shirt sponsorship, but I doubt the club would ever release the figures anyway.

Interesting however that the new home kit has Millions on the back as well, which strikes me as a missed opportunity to get some additional funds - unless GC are paying separately for that as well.

Dundee Utd's new kits for example have a different back of shirt sponsor (as you would expect, as that's kind of the point (in fact they have two back of shirt sponsors)) and short, sock and sleeve sponsors.

It's a bit cluttered and desperate looking but at least you can see they've got their commercial department working.

It looks like the rules (page 84) state the amount of sponsors you're allowed is about total area used, rather than a restriction of the number of sponsors?

20200821_120955.jpg

Preorders now live for 3rd kit.

I see Smith's have uploaded a computer graphic with the light blue badge. But yet Morton felt they should upload one with a coloured in badge the other day.

Still think the textured material on the graphic is very misleading compared to the shiny stuff it's actually made of.

https://www.smithsofgreenock.co.uk/3rd-Kit-c58327199

At least it's not 'Hopkins' as half of the Scottish media still bizarrely call him.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived