New Kit Launched - Page 9 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I like the Est. 1874 concept but the color is all wrong on this kit and the text is too thin and indistinct. They should consider another go at this.

2) If there's a version of this without the sponsor I'd get it in a heartbeat.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, ChampTon said:

Have to say I do quite like the top in the recent tweet! 

Same here. Darker blue, dece looking texture effect, colours of the badge and sponsor look good, collar and trim sharper.

The finished article will not look like that or the one Oliver was wearing though, will it?

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

26 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Same here. Darker blue, dece looking texture effect, colours of the badge and sponsor look good, collar and trim sharper.

The finished article will not look like that or the one Oliver was wearing though, will it?

Yeah expect that texture to be non-existent, or printed on.

13 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Yeah expect that texture to be non-existent, or printed on.

The digital mock up on Twitter looks like it was made on a template from Yellow Images (same things Gavin and I use). The textures are part of the file layers rather than the design itself. I’d be surprised if any released kit is at all different from the one seen previously on Oliver.

The yellow kit was intended to have a textured jacquard material with horizontal lines in it and a separate sewn in blue chest panel, but the final piece instead had the two shades of yellow and blue band sublimated, which was a shame. Less expensive to make, though.

1 hour ago, Pedrodelawasp said:

The digital mock up on Twitter looks like it was made on a template from Yellow Images (same things Gavin and I use). The textures are part of the file layers rather than the design itself. I’d be surprised if any released kit is at all different from the one seen previously on Oliver.

The yellow kit was intended to have a textured jacquard material with horizontal lines in it and a separate sewn in blue chest panel, but the final piece instead had the two shades of yellow and blue band sublimated, which was a shame. Less expensive to make, though.

Aye, the problem with using those graphics for more than just concept stage.

No idea why Morton reverted to one of those when they have been showing an actual kit.

Hope there is a big quality difference between the actual kit and the prototype Oliver has been wearing because it looks crap.

53 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Aye, the problem with using those graphics for more than just concept stage.

No idea why Morton reverted to one of those when they have been showing an actual kit.

Hope there is a big quality difference between the actual kit and the prototype Oliver has been wearing because it looks crap.

I think/hope the problem with that was it being one or two sizes too big for him and having just been taken out of the packet.

I quite like the monochrome versions of club crests on Away kits that tie in to the overall colour scheme.

F3EB5341-42D1-4C75-BC56-B9B21515873C.jpeg

I’d have thought they’d be better to release this kit around about November in time for a Christmas push given that we have an away kit anyway, and having already released the home shirt.

But then again, I suppose the club have been consulting Saatchi and Saatchi about the marketing strategy and were advised that randomly throwing the top out to the public without even mentioning the significance of it and then releasing a computer generated image of a different version of it three weeks later was the way to go.

I’d be surprised if whoever gave Gary Oliver that top even knew what it’s purpose was. It was probably found under a pile of programmes for the Dundee United game in March, in that wee room for the blind.

"Designed for the Club by Manager, David Hopkin and CEO, Dave MacKinnon, this new blue kit has been an instant hit on the Greenock Morton Social Media pages and is expected to be a popular purchase among the ‘Ton support."

I think you will find that today is the first time any of us have actually seen this kit.Screenshot_20200819-133513_Chrome.jpg

I understand McDaid is yet to start, and I get that MaCKinnon’s an older guy with about 100 other responsibilities, but nearly everything about that launch is tinpot. The bizarre way it was built up, the one picture and the article that reads like we’ve programmed a bot to do it. It’s not the end of the world I know, but there’s Lowland League clubs that would’ve presented it more professionally than ourselves.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

And by announcing Hopkin was involved in the design, unless they designed it completely on August 3rd, had a prototype made and delivered in time for it to be photographed on Oliver on the 5th, or they designed it way back in March, that's potentially a very public admission of breach of furlough.

Could’ve been in the works from before lockdown - there’s photos of Salkeld in a kit and he’s been in Newcastle since football stopped

Shocking that today’s kit is the third variant of it weve now been shown, would like to know if Gerry has already taken over the twitter and website posting.

“One of the most talked about items in our recent Club history”

Well, yes. But only because you finally mentioned it 3 weeks down the line rather than completely ignoring it like the anniversary of winning the 1995, 2003 and 2015 titles because you took on a Celtic fan who doesn’t have a clue about Morton’s achievements to run your communications before paying off the media guy and bringing in another Celtic fan.

1 minute ago, Renfrew said:

Could’ve been in the works from before lockdown - there’s photos of Salkeld in a kit and he’s been in Newcastle since football stopped

Shocking that today’s kit is the third variant of it weve now been shown, would like to know if Gerry has already taken over the twitter and website posting.

It’s MacKinnon for now.

Archived