New Kit Launched - Page 8 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

5 hours ago, capitanus said:

Its not like Morton to be out of step with the times.  It could only be us.

:lol: 

🤣🤣🤣 Bollocks!

No-one seeing the phrase 'one in a million' on a 'ton shirt is going to equate it with a song title from that awful American pantomime metal band.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of the other kit manufacturer options in the market place - assuming they would want to speak to a club the size of Morton (and they weren't too expensive) -  some of the less famous blue and white hooped teams in the UK had kits with the likes of Macron and Errea for the 2019/20 season...

QPR 19 20 Home.PNG

Reading 19 20.PNG

Oxford City 19 20.PNG

The last one is Oxford City, who probably have the templated Macron blue and white hooped kit, with Reading's a more customised version of that template.

The advantage of being with Vision is we get a bespoke kit, unique to GMFC. Moving to a more recognised supplier may not guarantee that, but the quality might be better overall. 

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Tbf, of visions last few efforts, i've never really had an issue with the quality of the material etc. 

My issue with this one is the difference between each individual strip in and around the collar area and the fact it's not as advertised. Of course, i could just avoid buying but we shouldn't be forced into that decision because someone's made an arse of the manufacturing. It's not hard. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Yeah, I think people forget that the whole reason we started using a bespoke supplier in the first place was that we were consistently getting poor quality from established manufacturers, with badges and sponsors peeling off after a couple of washes. Clearly Vision have made an arse with the buttons on this one which is unfortunate but there's been no quality issue with any of the previous kits, and the club did say they saw a big upturn in sales when they first went bespoke as well.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Has there been an obvious difference from kit to kit? Is it between the short and long sleeve versions only, or has it actually been an issue with many of the actual individual kits? I'm not disputing it's happened, just curious to see it's an issue with the entire order seeing as I have one on its way to Australia (not that I have any tracking information to see if it's actually on its way).

And to reiterate, I really like the Vision kits as well. Wasn't sure about the necessity of the mesh back of the yellow and blue away kit, but it's a really smart kit. 

Being with Vision allows us to have a full range of bespoke kits, with the other manufacturers you might see the home kit as the only completely unique version.

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Can't comment on individual strips because i don't own one, but from the various pictures i've seen the white of the collar protrudes into the blue hoop at varying depths. Pedantic perhaps, but when we continuously make an arse of things it's just another to add to the collection. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I've had the pin stripe home top and red tartan away top and never had any issues with the quality.  They've been used multiple times for 5s and general wear and are still in great nick!  I'd have already bought the new home top by now if it wasn't for the issues with the collar!  I've seen some pics on Twitter and some fans don't seem to have the overlap so I'll need to go into Smith's for a look before I buy

The Nike tops were honking bog standard templates so I never bought any of those but a couple of the Puma tops weren't bad

here today, gone to hell

• 4 weeks later...

So, are we going to announce this new kit (or the other random design in the weekly update video) or just randomly post pictures of it? 

Do we even know if it's an away kit or a third kit yet? 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

6 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

So, are we going to announce this new kit (or the other random design in the weekly update video) or just randomly post pictures of it? 

Do we even know if it's an away kit or a third kit yet? 

We know nothing. With how often it's been shown though, surely has to be something in it.

Bantz if not though.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

We know nothing. With how often it's been shown though, surely has to be something in it.

Bantz if not though.

Trolling the whole Morton support with a new kit that can't be bought would be ultimate patter. 

No doubt we will have a pre-match launch before the Getafe friendly. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Archived