New Kit Launched - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

New Kit Launched

so72

I've not had any first hand experience with Joma kits, but I've not heard anyone with a good word to say about them. I'm happy enough with our current suppliers, the quality of the merchandise I've bought thus far has been absolutely fine. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joma kits are barkin. Have never seen one that looked any good. Better off with Vision if they make good looking tops with our fans involved in picking decent kits.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

7 hours ago, GiGi said:

Joma kits are barkin. Have never seen one that looked any good. Better off with Vision if they make good looking tops with our fans involved in picking decent kits.

Some of their Italian and Spanish kits in recent years have been great - Espanyol and Sampdoria spring to mind. Exeter and Swansea are their only EFL clients and their kits aren't bad (not sure about the green and black Swansea away right enough)

What Carew can do with a ball, I can do with an orange

Just got an email to say I can pick up my too today, as I preordered. 

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

I picked mines up this morning. Have to say it is an absolute cracker. 

Nice and simple like a ton top should be and really good quality. 

Screenshot_20200711_130615_com.twitter.android.jpg

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

53 minutes ago, TONofmemories said:

The top above looks different from the one the Morton twitter posted earlier. 

Lazy marketing. An oversized top thrown onto a manikin. 

If MCT takeover does happen hope they have a look at stuff like that, the marketing stuff is obviously Smiths but they should do better.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Oh, you know, continuous promotion of the strip itself? This is the first we've heard of it since its launch. 

Better quality images that dont make the real thing looks so different from the initial picture. Perhaps a bit of thought into this. 

It's all just a bit naff

TIME FOR CHANGE!

20 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

What marketing were you looking for?

Stonewaller Magazine (never read it, but they seem to be quite reputable) have been offering help with a number of clubs on their marketing, Ayr included for their hideous away kit. Whilst they've been restricted by COVID and social distancing, they've used the approach of fans modelling the kit in everyday environments, instead of the traditional couple of players out on the pitch.

The computer generated image posted on Twitter on a Monday morning, the launch day that was only advertised by going into the Smiths website rather than in the original tweet, the late change of date (from a Wednesday to a Monday) are all pretty poor. I could probably go back a few weeks on this thread to point at a few more failings that have escaped me. Don't know where I said it, but the whole thing struck me as the club having the approach of realeasing the kit so now they can get on with paining the crash barriers on the Cowshed.

I don't think it's too harsh at all to say the marketing has been lazy. Whether it's because of the pandemic and furlough or whether it's because the club in general don't really give a fuck about marketing even under normal circumstances is up for debate, but there's a good case for both arguments.

6 minutes ago, Toby said:

Stonewaller Magazine (never read it, but they seem to be quite reputable) have been offering help with a number of clubs on their marketing, Ayr included for their hideous away kit. Whilst they've been restricted by COVID and social distancing, they've used the approach of fans modelling the kit in everyday environments, instead of the traditional couple of players out on the pitch.

The computer generated image posted on Twitter on a Monday morning, the launch day that was only advertised by going into the Smiths website rather than in the original tweet, the late change of date (from a Wednesday to a Monday) are all pretty poor. I could probably go back a few weeks on this thread to point at a few more failings that have escaped me. Don't know where I said it, but the whole thing struck me as the club having the approach of realeasing the kit so now they can get on with paining the crash barriers on the Cowshed.

I don't think it's too harsh at all to say the marketing has been lazy. Whether it's because of the pandemic and furlough or whether it's because the club in general don't really give a fuck about marketing even under normal circumstances is up for debate, but there's a good case for both arguments.

I don't disagree that the build up was non existent and the club's usual approach to commercial activity is abysmal at best.

I took the post I replied to to refer mainly to the mannequin image today rather than everything which is my mistske. The image today is no more or less than I expected them to release based on their usual approach and current restrictions.

Wasn't aware of the stonewalled thing and guess some out of the box thinking could have generate more.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I don't disagree that the build up was non existent and the club's usual approach to commercial activity is abysmal at best.

I took the post I replied to to refer mainly to the mannequin image today rather than everything which is my mistske. The image today is no more or less than I expected them to release based on their usual approach and current restrictions.

Wasn't aware of the stonewalled thing and guess some out of the box thinking could have generate more.

Aye, I was a bit surprised to see you biting back at ToM abot that because you're usually on the same hymn sheet as guys like him and myself about stuff like that.

Tbf, he's been critical of the club's marketing of the kit since the day it was released, which was why I took it that it was the overall marketing that he was bemoaning.

Even getting the top on a person would have been better than the ill-fitting, armless mannequin.

onsP5NR.jpg

Archived