Sign in to follow this  
BishopLenBrennan

The Big Transfer Thread 2020

As he was the first name people jumped on from the OP, worth saying that Kilmarnock are in talks with Kiltie for a new contract: https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/news/squad-update-following-2019-20-season/

A lot of the players they've confirmed as leaving are loans ending or players looking to move up the way, but looking through the other released players there. The goalkeepers are crap, Frizzell will probably get linked due to being from Greenock but we have no need for more wingers and Dumbarton fans weren't fussed to see him leave there in January. Iain Wilson is a holding midfielder who QoS fans have rated in his two loan spells but I can't recall noticing him in games against us.

We're probably months away from being able to even make signings, but pointless speculation is a nice way to pass the time.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Given that we're past the standard contract expiry date in Scotland and haven't announced that any player is leaving, can we accume that they have all been extended them on the furlough scheme?

Given that we're past the standard contract expiry date in Scotland and haven't announced that any player is leaving, can we accume that they have all been extended them on the furlough scheme?

PFA Spokesperson on Sportsound at the weekend said around 2/3rds of clubs have extended under furlough. We weren't one of the clubs mentioned to have done otherwise so think we can assume so.

With a few of our early signings in the summer we specified the expiry date as 10 June, so probably safe to assume that's when every player is up.

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Scott Fox has activated his relegation release clause at Partick. Do not even think about it Morton.

Scott Fox has activated his relegation release clause at Partick. Do not even think about it Morton.

As has Dario Zanatta. It's a no from me. 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Take fucking nobody from Partick unless they come as a new Kitman.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Would take O’Ware back as a ballboy.

No. If O'Ware wants to come back to Cappielow he should queue up to pay £20 then queue up again.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Would take O’Ware back as a ballboy.

To watch his hissy fits shouting at other ballboys saying they should go get the ball.

Nah, no thanks.

Looks like Killie for Fox.

Bob Mchugh is off. Salkeld and blues signed upto 2021. Rest of the players out of contract signed upto furlough scheme

Site's up and down like a bride's nightie, so here's the full text:

------------------

The Club can confirm that it has extended the contracts of our players out of contract, until the 31st of July under the Government’s Job retention scheme.

Over the next few weeks, it is our intention to further extend agreements with the players identified by Hoppy to be part of the forthcoming season’s squad.

Striker Bob McHugh has advised the Club that he considers his future to be away from Cappielow, and has refused an offer to extend his stay. Since joining us in 2017, Bob has served us well and he goes with our best wishes for the future.

The senior squad players currently with contracts to 2021 and beyond are:

Cameron Blues, Luca Colville, Alexander Easdale, Kyle Jacobs, Reece Lyon, Craig McGuffie, Kalvin Orsi, Cameron Salkeld, Lewis Strapp, and Chris Wylie.

Edited by TRVMP

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Sorted by position, then, here's the squad as of today:

GK: Chris Wylie

Defenders: Lewis Strapp

Midfielders: Blues, Jacobs, Colville, Lyon

Attackers: Salkeld, McGuffie, Orsi, Easdale

Do you like Abba?

That’s a bit of a shame about McHugh, been a good player for us since joining, though probably not good enough to start every week if we want a genuine chance of promotion at some point.

That’s a bit of a shame about McHugh, been a good player for us since joining, though probably not good enough to start every week if we want a genuine chance of promotion at some point.

Good luck to him (unless he signs for Falkirk.) Will be interested to see where he ends up. Wonder if he's thinking of going part-time or if he's had an offer elsewhere?

Do you like Abba?

You’d have to think so. It’d seem a bit foolish turning down a contract at the minute.

Not that arsed about McHugh going in all honesty. Despite being our top goal scorer the past 3 seasons there is better out there.

Also, how can any of the decision makers at the club look at Blues’ performances and think he’s worthy of a contract extension. An utterly hopeless footballer.

Also, how can any of the decision makers at the club look at Blues’ performances and think he’s worthy of a contract extension. An utterly hopeless footballer.

He was already tied up to 2021 tbf, but the decision to give him that deal in the first place isn’t any less baffling.

Pretty sure I’d read recently that McHugh had trained as a gas and heating engineer. Might now be at that stage of his career that he’ll realise there’s more money to be made doing that with the nice wee top up of part time football. I certainly hope he doesn’t go to Falkirk anyway, I like Bob.

Not seen anyone mention it yet, so I’ll be the first. Not sure he sees the Championship as his level now, but I’d take Stephen McGinn without a second thought.

If we can get Cadden and Nesbitt signed up then I'm pretty optimistic. Lots of space there hopefully to bring in new defenders and strikers which we have been crying out for.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

He was already tied up to 2021 tbf, but the decision to give him that deal in the first place isn’t any less baffling.

He played a part in a decent run of form for the team. Not been overly impressed either but he's only just turned 22 so I think it's harsh to write him off when he's not played a huge amount of games either.