The Big Transfer Thread 2020 - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Transfer Thread 2020

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What’s the situation with Cadden? I’ll be raging if we let him go.

Around the start of March Hopkin had said they'd be talking to everyone about contracts over the following couple of weeks while explicitly saying he wanted to build the team round Cadden, so you can safely assume an offer was on the table, then lockdown started and negotiations had to stop.

If the club are now in position where they're confident enough about next season's finances to start making offers, you'd expect a new contract for Cadden is the priority.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Wasn't a big fan of McHugh as a player for most of his spell at the club but it's a major blow to lose him right now after his most impressive season. Keeping your first team in place and developing them could be all it takes to have a very good campaign next season, given the turmoil that will be affecting all clubs at this level.

One thing that does stand out with McHugh is that he has become a much better all-round player over time than the one trick (really two), run in a straight line/penalty box finisher we got from that rabble in Grangemouth. It's an alarmingly rare occasion that we sign a player who is already established at this level and significantly improve them, so credit is due to McHugh himself and to some of the parade of coaches we've had through the door in recent years.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Wasn't a big fan of McHugh as a player for most of his spell at the club but it's a major blow to lose him right now after his most impressive season. Keeping your first team in place and developing them could be all it takes to have a very good campaign next season, given the turmoil that will be affecting all clubs at this level.

One thing that does stand out with McHugh is that he has become a much better all-round player over time than the one trick (really two), run in a straight line/penalty box finisher we got from that rabble in Grangemouth. It's an alarmingly rare occasion that we sign a player who is already established at this level and significantly improve them, so credit is due to McHugh himself and to some of the parade of coaches we've had through the door in recent years.

I thought we got McHugh from Dumbarton?

*insert signature here*

The other Robert, the carthorse Thomson, came from Dumbarton. McHugh came from Falkirk.

Thanks, I checked that out.

McHugh has never been a prolific goalscorer with anyone except us. 30 goals in 101 appearances is a good return for a Morton player, who for all intents was never first choice.

*insert signature here*

Pretty sure he is leaving to better his career. Talk of Motherwell..

Which is also the likely destination for Sir Richard Lamie this summer as well. Another sair yin that for Tam 'King Snake' O'Ware as he looks up the Balmoral Stadium and 'Clyde' on the satnav for next season's seaside league travails.

tumblr_ls4n0ovJpE1qaid3h.gif

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

He was miles better than Ramsbottom but i never quite felt he was all that brilliant for us. Decent, no doubt and if we were to sign him, it wouldn't bother me but I think there will be better keepers out there.

If we retain Ramsbottom, that will bother me!

He was miles better than Ramsbottom but i never quite felt he was all that brilliant for us. Decent, no doubt and if we were to sign him, it wouldn't bother me but I think there will be better keepers out there.

If we retain Ramsbottom, that will bother me!

Don't think we have a choice, unless we pay him off or someone comes in for him.

Or maybe I'm understanding the furlough scheme wrongly.

EOho8Pw.png

Don't think we have a choice, unless we pay him off or someone comes in for him.

Or maybe I'm understanding the furlough scheme wrongly.

We would be under no obligation to retain him beyond his contract, or the end of the furlough scheme.

If we keep Ramsbottom on, someone needs to be sacked.  If he is out of contract, that's a result.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Bob on the latest weekly update. Seems a really nice fella. Certainly goes with my well wishes. 

12 goals this season, whilst not playing/being injured/season cut short. 

A goal in ever 3 games is not a bad return for a Morton player who suffered a few injuries

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Archived