The Big Transfer Thread 2020 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Big Transfer Thread 2020

I found this list on Twitter earlier so I can't vouch for it's accuracy, but here are the Premiership/Championship players who are out of contract at the end of the month; which players would we take? 

Premiership; 

Aberdeen (4) - Luc Bollan, Tomas Cerny, Danny Rogers, Frank Ross 

Celtic (4) - Craig Gordon, Jonny Hayes, Calvin Miller, Stephen Welsh 

Hamilton (12) - Blair Alston, Steve Davies, Markus Fjortoft, Alex Gogic, Ronan Hughes, Johnny Hunt, Scott Martin, Aaron McGowan, Mickel Miller, George Oakley, George Stanger, Andy Winter 

Hearts (12) Donis Avdijaj, Daniel Baur, Oliver Bozanic, Jamie Brandon, Rory Currie, Euan Henderson, Marcel Langer, Cammy Logan, Steven MacLean, Leeroy Makovora, Lewis Moore, Alex Petkov 

Hibs (3) - Adam Bogdan, Vykintas Skivka, Steven Whittaker 

Kilmarnock (14) - Harry Bunn, Chris Burke, Gary Dicker, Mohamed El Makrini, Adam Frizzell, Stephen Hendrie, Greg Kiltie, Jan Kopriec, Jamie MacDonald, Devlin MacKay, Rory McKenzie, Ross Millen, Stephen O'Donnell, Iain Wilson

Livingston (7) - Chris Erskine, Craig Henderson, Ricki Lamie, Steven Lawless, Gary Maley,  Aaron Taylor-Sinclair, Scott Tiffoney. 

Motherwell (11) - Charles Dunne, Rohan Ferguson, Mark Gillespie, Peter Hartley, Christian Ilic, Adam Livingstone, Christopher Long, Barry Maguire, Christy Manzinga, Richard Tait, Tony Watt 

Rangers (7) - Jak Alnwick, Jon Flanagan, Wes Foderingham, Andy Halliday, Jason Holt, Jordan Rossiter, Aidan Wilson 

Ross County (12) - Don Cowie, Richard Foster, Marcus Fraser, Tom Grivosti, Sean Kelly, Tom Kelly, Declan McManus, Callum Morris, Harry Paton, Lewis Spence, James Wallace, Keith Watson

St Johnstone (13) - Steven Anderson, Callum Booth, Ross Callachan, Liam Craig, Murray Davidson, Olly Hamilton, Max Johnstone, Chris Kane, David McMillan, Jordan Northcroft, John Robertson, Danny Swanson, Drey Wright 

St Mirren (12) - Tony Andreu, Cameron Breadner, Cody Cooke, Oan Djorkaeff, Ryan Flynn, Scott Glover, Vlaclav Hladky, Gary MacKenzie, Nicholas McAllister, Stephen McGinn, Danny Mullen, Ross Wallace

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alloa (18) - Adam Brown, Liam Buchanan, Kevin Cawley, Liam Dick, Iain Flannigan, Nathan Gilhooley, Andy Graham, Chris Henry, Steven Hetherington, Blair Malcolm, Cameron O'Donnell, Kevin O'Hara, Neil Parry, Jon Robertson, Scott Taggart, Robert Thomson, Alan Trouten, Andrew Wilson 

Arbroath (13) - Luke Donnelly, Derek Gaston, David Gold, Colin Hamilton, Darren Jamieson, Omar Kader, Bobby Linn, Michael McKenna, James Murphy, Scott Stewart, Gavin Swankie, Jason Thomson, Mark Whatley

Ayr (9) - Steven Bell, Andy Geggan, Grant Gillespie, Daniel Harvie, Ellis Hare-Reid, Michael Moffat, Aaron Muirhead, Andy Murdoch, Leon Murphy. 

Dundee (5) - Michael Cunningham, Christie Elliot, Tom Field, Josh Meekings, Harrison Sharp

Dundee United (6) - Rakish Bingham, Kieran Freeman, Cammy Smith, Osman Sow, Sam Wardrop, Paul Watson

Dunfermline (12) - Lee Ashcroft, Tom Beadling, Aaron Comrie, Daniel Devine, Gregor Jordan, Stuart Morrison, Paul Paton, Josh Robertson, Andy Ryan, Ryan Scully, Callum Smith, Joe Thomson

Morton (18) - Cameron Blues, Nicky Cadden, Kris Doolan, Ben Eardley, Alexander Easdale, Darren Hynes, Jim McAlister, Sean McGinty, Lewis McGrattan, Bob McHugh, Brian McLean, Chris Millar, Robbie Muirhead, Aidan Nesbitt, Sam Ramsbottom, Cameron Salkeld, John Sutton, Reghan Tumilty

Inverness CT (10) - Jack Brown, Aaron Doran, Daniel Hoban, Metheus Machado, Cammy MacKay, Brad McKay, Charlie Trafford, Carl Tremarco, Tom Walsh, Jordan White 

Partick Thistle (6) - Joe Cardle, Evan Golasso, Alex Jones, Darian MacKinnon, Tommy Robson, Steven Saunders

Queen of the South (14) - Ewan Gourlay, Ross Irving, Lewis Kidd, Lee Kilday, Michael Ledger, Darren Lyon, Scott Mercer, Connor Murray, Gary Oliver, Abdul Osman, Michael Paton, Deimantan Petravicius, Dan Pybus, Callum Semple 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

The main takeaway I have from that list is not who we should be signing but relief that we've got significantly more room for manoeuvre during the current crisis than some of our counterparts in the division: most notably, Dundee but also the little people and Dunfermline as well. We can have absolutely no idea what level of player will be affordable but the fact that we're not bound to a significant outlay of wages after the current furlough scheme expires is beneficial.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The only reason quite a few of these players won't have signed new deals with top flight or higher paying Championship clubs will be lockdown and clubs not wanting to commit to new contracts yet. Ricki Lamie for example has been consistently linked with Motherwell and whether that goes through or not will 100% be a Premiership player next season. Then with someone like Kiltie, while it's not likely but possible that Killie could let him go he would have his pick of Championship clubs and that realistically rules us out.

There's still not been any word on a relaxation of transfer rules either domestically or internationally. It would be a sickener to end up losing players for nothing due to not having offered contracts soon enough to receive compensation under the usual rules, when holding off on offering contracts is absolutely the right thing for the club to do just now.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

It’s academic anyway. There won’t be any football at our level until at least 2021, and possibly not until August 2021.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

It’s academic anyway. There won’t be any football at our level until at least 2021, and possibly not until August 2021.

Wonder what will happen to all the out of contract players in the next 12 months since there wont be an abundance of support or jobs. Imagine there will be a few who won't return to football in your (likely) scenario.

Wonder what will happen to all the out of contract players in the next 12 months since there wont be an abundance of support or jobs. Imagine there will be a few who won't return to football in your (likely) scenario.

Certainly not many would be returning to full time football in that scenario!

Archived