The Teacher - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Teacher

I don’t think I ever met him, but to be fair, he wasn’t the first and won’t be the last to chuck it.

At least he went quietly instead of bragging about how he was away to watch the Wanderers playing rugby.

Gerry was a good friend of my father in law and of my wife’s uncle. I spoke to him YEARS ago and he’d become disappointed at the goings on a time Cappielow

Not having a go at Gerry just genuinely perplexed at the ability of some people to be able to turn off their support for a club and flit to another. If I fell out of love with Morton (and I have done a few times over the years) I cannot see myself transferring my loyalty to another club - to many memories to put to one side. 

Not having a go at Gerry just genuinely perplexed at the ability of some people to be able to turn off their support for a club and flit to another. If I fell out of love with Morton (and I have done a few times over the years) I cannot see myself transferring my loyalty to another club - to many memories to put to one side.

Didn't think you were having a go.

Just explaining why.

Like you, I couldn't change to support another club. I don't even have "a second team"

Is it really a big deal considering he has sadly passed away. Let it go!

He was always a Man Utd fan as well as Morton so I don't think he chucked anything other than deciding to go to Old Trafford rather than Cappielow.

Really sad to hear he's passed, Mr McHugh was a fantastic teacher and just all round good guy worth evert kind word spoken about him. Sadly too young as well, he will be missed by many, many people.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Let me try to simplify it for you.

Inverclyde Council have started a social media campaign #RedforGerry to honour Mr. McHugh as they were the colours of his beloved Man United.

I am perfectly aware of that.

I queried Capitanus bringing it up as a sensed a bit of a slight.

Capitanus replied and I am more than happy with his reasoning.

Boredom and overthinking on my part. Apologies Capitanus.

I am perfectly aware of that.

I queried Capitanus bringing it up as a sensed a bit of a slight.

Capitanus replied and I am more than happy with his reasoning.

Boredom and overthinking on my part. Apologies Capitanus.

No worries. I've got no real issues with anyone supporting Man United. I have a soft spot for a couple of other teams too.

*insert signature here*

Archived