SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 28 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

Just expel the two of them from the league permanently.

Run with a nine team Championship and League One next season in order to prevent Falkirk getting promoted in their place this summer and block promotion for Brora and Kelty next season, with the play off place going to the team immediately below if they win their leagues next season. Just for their cheek.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

Premiership clubs asked to pay £5k towards the legal fees, Championship clubs £2k, League 1 and 2 £1k.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53346709

The first part of Super Scoreboard tonight was full of Partick fans frothing at the mouth about clubs being asked to pay for Dundee United's legal fees. Their elongated meltdown over this has been absolutely outstanding. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Hearts and Patrick charged by the SFA for being little bitches.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53405293

SFA stacking the deck well. Hearts and Thistle lose arbitration, they stay relegated and get a slap on the wrist fine from the charge. Or, Hearts and Thistle win arbitration and get reinstated to the level above, only to be relegated as punishment for the charge.

The scenes.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Should have relegated them again

The SFA can't do that - only the SPFL can do that. The SFA could have given a much bigger fine, or even expulsion.

I can understand the SFA just wanting to draw a line under this, but the danger is that they've shown there is really no reason for a club not to go to court instead of to arbitration if it has a good case (or believes it does.) I fear that the SFA, with such a minor punishment, have doomed their own arbitration proceedings in the future.

Perhaps a small fine, coupled with a warning that a similar rule breach from either club in the next decade would be met with expulsion, would have prevented this.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived