SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 24 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

Good luck telling HMRC that life has to go on for you as a business, while also claiming taxpayers' money to keep all your employees on furlough.

There's also no evidence that the club is losing revenue from their kit launch just because they didn't put some bells and whistles on the announcement.

It's nothing to do with furlough. He made out that it was a decision not to do it.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't watched the interview but a bit mental to write off a bit of hype around launching a new kit because of the current situation. A good marketing campaign around something like that would undoubtedly increase sales.

It sounds like an excuse. Probably couldn’t be arsed.

There's also no evidence that the club is losing revenue from their kit launch just because they didn't put some bells and whistles on the announcement.

There's no evidence for anything when you don't have a counterexample. If we'd put an embarrassing amount of time and effort into a kit launch, there'd be no evidence that doing nothing would have produced as much revenue.

For what it's worth I don't think a massive launch was really needed, but it's pretty clear that the "announcement" wasn't part of some grand gesture to pay tribute to a deceased former chairman, but rather the inevitable outcome of nobody really thinking about what they're doing.

EOho8Pw.png

Considering we have one non furloughed employee, who must have a million things going on dealing with the shitshow that is Scottish football, and getting the club ready for the new season, I can forgive a lacklustre strip release.

It's not as if when they go on sale that the club isn't going to mention it and promote it.

I'm more excited about the prospect of TonTV and the extra regular guarenteed income we will have in the future that we've never had before than I am worried about a low key strip announcement.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

Considering we have one non furloughed employee, who must have a million things going on dealing with the shitshow that is Scottish football, and getting the club ready for the new season, I can forgive a lacklustre strip release.

It's not as if when they go on sale that the club isn't going to mention it and promote it.

I'm more excited about the prospect of TonTV and the extra regular guarenteed income we will have in the future that we've never had before than I am worried about a low key strip announcement.

We have a self-titled 'Social Media Co-ordinator' who could have stuck up a few teasers, wouldn't need to be the one non-furloughed employee.

If we stuck an NHS logo on it or if one of Vision's seamstresses had died, we'd have been hearing about it for weeks.

There's no evidence for anything when you don't have a counterexample. If we'd put an embarrassing amount of time and effort into a kit launch, there'd be no evidence that doing nothing would have produced as much revenue.

For what it's worth I don't think a massive launch was really needed, but it's pretty clear that the "announcement" wasn't part of some grand gesture to pay tribute to a deceased former chairman, but rather the inevitable outcome of nobody really thinking about what they're doing.

Well no, we can compare it to previous seasons in which there was a 'normal' (by Morton standards) kit launch. If the claim that pre-orders are up on previous years is true - in an extremely turbulent economic situation - then we must reject the idea that the club has missed out on some obvious free money by not having a big shiny launch. Seems that if people know that your product is available and the quality is good enough then you really don't need superfluous marketing gimmicks or a 'zany' social media presence to achieve your commercial goal.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It's nothing to do with furlough. He made out that it was a decision not to do it.

Running a full-throated commercial campaign when you're telling HMRC that your backroom staff aren't actually working is absolutely to do with furlough. You can't have your cake and eat it and as McKinnon suggested regarding the players' situation, the club is aware that the scheme may be audited at a later date to root out chancers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Not too fussed about it either tbh hut he should have just said we're doing what we can instead of making an excuse up.

The Old Firm using an existential crisis to try to ram this shite through again is the least surprising occurrence in the history of Scottish football.

Vile opportunism by two vile clubs supported by vile people. A hideous idea which would see thousands of fans walk away and refuse to go back. It would kill Scottish football outside the top flight, which is probably the point.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Talk from Tom English is that, if (when) this is rejected - the ugly sisters are going to pursue 'strategic partnerships'. Sounds like their back-up is to have lower league teams filled with loan players whilst taking talent from those clubs and training them in their academies.

Not sure which is worse, certainly wouldn't like to be in a 'strategic partnership' with either of them.

Talk from Tom English is that, if (when) this is rejected - the ugly sisters are going to pursue 'strategic partnerships'. Sounds like their back-up is to have lower league teams filled with loan players whilst taking talent from those clubs and training them in their academies.

Not sure which is worse, certainly wouldn't like to be in a 'strategic partnership' with either of them.

It's cool, Stenny have already dropped their knickers to them, just need 1 other and we have nothing to be concerned about.

Off the top of my head, here are leagues in UEFA that permit reserve/youth teams in the senior leagues. In no real order, maybe geographically as I think of approaching the Old Continent from the southwest, like a non-catholic Vasco da Gama:

Portugal

Spain

France

Netherlands

Germany

Poland

Ukraine

Hungary

Romania

Austria

Switzerland

Estonia

Lithuania

Armenia

And ones that I'm pretty sure do not:

England

Scotland

Wales

Northern Ireland

Italy

Russia

Sweden

Anyone else I either don't know either way or don't recognize as a valid league.

This isn't to recommend things one way or another, btw. Just to illuminate a bit. In some countries it's been baked in for decades; in others (like Holland) it's only recently been brought back.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived