SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

I still think the whole thing with Dundee needs an explanation.

They should never have been allowed to change their vote because the first one was lost, escpailly when it was then later found, and if you were going to allow someone to change vote then the current vote standing should never have been made public which put Dundee in a crazy position of them have the abolsute power to end all 4 leagues in Scotland.

Obviously something has been given to then to change from a no to a yes, because there was zero incentive for them to end the league early when they were in a play off position.

That's what really needed a proper investigation in my view.

Other teams in playoff positions also voted to end the season. The incentive was prize money being paid out immediately instead of needless waiting around when there was never any hope of the season resuming.

The actual important thing now is trying to come up with a plan to be able to start next season at some point.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some irate Rangers fan on RangersMedia has voiced their disdain at Clyde’s vote by calling them ‘The Bullied Wee’.

Marvellous!

There was one on the radio last night with the now-annual call for all of their mob to refuse away tickets.

Conveniently forgetting that nobody except Celtic missed them when they were making their way up the seaside leagues.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Let's not forget that the Daily Record and Sunday Mail were the same shower who sided with Hugh Scott against the Morton supporters.

Nobody will forget that they are a horrible rag. Doesn't mean we can't laugh at them winding up ICT or blatantly nicking the volunteer's big exclusive and passing it off as their own.

Let's not forget that the Daily Record and Sunday Mail were the same shower who sided with Hugh Scott against the Morton supporters.

Nobody will forget that they are a horrible rag. Doesn't mean we can't laugh at them winding up ICT or blatantly nicking the volunteer's big exclusive and passing it off as their own.

Both excellent points.

The condescending tone of the article gives an indication that if a club upsets the mighty Daily Record that they won't hold back in seeking to damage that club, too. We're on their good side this time, and perhaps our proximity to Glasgow might give us an easier ride than Inverness, where the Record probably doesn't have the same readership as down here, but I suspect if we weren't aligned with their agenda they'd be happy to stick the boot in to us.

Has to be said though, Morton, and Dave MacKinnon, have handled this whole situation impeccably. We've criticised them over the lack of statements on their voting intentions over the last few weeks when they've been putting out irrelevant shite on social media, but what they have put out has been clear, concise, in hindsight at relevant intervals and hasn't dragged the club into a war of words with their peers.

The only point he did go in two footed was at a point that he knew he had the backing of the other clubs in the division and that Gardiner had no retort. There have been some much higher profile administrators at some much bigger clubs than ourselves who could take a lesson from MacKinnon in diplomacy, and how to act in testing times such as these. There are also some at clubs of a similar or smaller stature to ourselves whose administrators perhaps aren't quite revelling in their new found profile.

Clearly not. So long as anyone will listen she'll do her best to pretend that her case is all about sporting integrity rather than avoiding a thoroughly deserved demotion.

Just tell Hearts that they either play in the Championship or they don’t play at all. Nothing untoward or illegal has happened, it’s simply a case of mental circumstances hastening their inevitable demise.

In Partick’s case, I think you can (looking at it objectively, as personally I think it’s hilarious) have a wee bit of sympathy given how tight it was at the bottom, but ultimately they were still at the bottom of a league featuring a few pretty honking teams (and a couple of part-time ones) after three quarters of the season. It’s a boot in the baws for sure but they’re not the poor relative or the plucky underdog of the division; if you’re going to go about giving it the big ‘un about how important a club you are and all the rest of it, then it’s your own fault for being shite. How exactly are those bigger things working out, Thomas O’Ware?

AWMSC

In Partick’s case, I think you can (looking at it objectively, as personally I think it’s hilarious) have a wee bit of sympathy given how tight it was at the bottom, but ultimately they were still at the bottom of a league featuring a few pretty honking teams (and a couple of part-time ones) after three quarters of the season.

You actually can't though. Their ill-founded sense of injustice has been based on the premise that they and only they had one league game left to play that could have saved them, which is utter nonsense. They in fact had nine games left to save themselves. Queen of the South however still had eight games of their own to save themselves, as did Alloa as well. Which is why a points per game basis is an entirely legitimate means of settling the issue. Indeed you'd be hard-pressed to find a single Partick fan who looked to their midweek trip to Inverness as a lifeline for their season at all until the SPFL vote was proposed and it suddenly became an easy three points* cruelly stolen away from them.

It's important to set in stone right now to deal with all future mewling from those gormless media darlings that their relegation was not only the right decision for the subjective reason that their demise is fucking hilarious but was also based on objective, Rafa Benitez-approved facts.

f3_2709249a.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

* Bonus fact: 'Partick Thistle Family Club' have still failed to win a single league game in 2020. 

f3_2709249a.jpg

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

You actually can't though. Their ill-founded sense of injustice has been based on the premise that they and only they had one league game left to play that could have saved them, which is utter nonsense. They in fact had nine games left to save themselves. Queen of the South however still had eight games of their own to save themselves, as did Alloa as well. Which is why a points per game basis is an entirely legitimate means of settling the issue. Indeed you'd be hard-pressed to find a single Partick fan who looked to their midweek trip to Inverness as a lifeline for their season at all until the SPFL vote was proposed and it suddenly became an easy three points* cruelly stolen away from them.

It's important to set in stone right now to deal with all future mewling from those gormless media darlings that their relegation was not only the right decision for the subjective reason that their demise is fucking hilarious but was also based on objective, Rafa Benitez-approved facts.

f3_2709249a.jpg

What are you even on about here?

AWMSC

I think he's saying they had 9 games they could have turned things around in but he doesn't care because it doesn't suit his argument.

^^^ idiot found

^^^ idiot found

I think he's saying they had 9 games they could have turned things around in but he doesn't care because it doesn't suit his argument.

I always enjoy the deployment of one of his wee phrases whenever it turns out he's been talking shite and doesn't actually have an answer.

AWMSC

Archived