SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 17 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

Aye, Leslie Deans. A top quality meltdown that’s recommended listening for anyone that missed it when they release the podcast. Demanding £3 million compensation from the other clubs for being utter shite all season.

Hearts really are a club that’s rotten to the core. For my whole lifetime, they’ve been ran by thoroughly objectionable chancers. A bit like Dundee. If this virus kills them off, you’ll not see any tears from me anyway.

ah, Leslie Deans. He was The Pieman Robinson's sidekick who managed to fuck things up and let Romanov ride into town. His opinions should be safely filed in the bin marked 'not relevant' then.

*insert signature here*

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, Leslie Deans. A top quality meltdown that’s recommended listening for anyone that missed it when they release the podcast. Demanding £3 million compensation from the other clubs for being utter shite all season.

Hearts really are a club that’s rotten to the core. For my whole lifetime, they’ve been ran by thoroughly objectionable chancers. A bit like Dundee. If this virus kills them off, you’ll not see any tears from me anyway.

Same for me. I've despised all thing Hearts and their scummy fans since the late 60's and listening to that clown only reinforces my feelings. As for Tom English's enthrallment with Partick's tear stained missive, get a grip you fvcking wanker.

“The Partick Thistle Board is deeply angered by the decision to halt league reconstruction due to “insufficient support for any prospect of league reconstruction at this time” after a meeting of Premiership clubs. As the reconstruction group hadn’t even formally presented a final proposal, it is surprising and disappointing that this decision could be made regardless.”

It’s not really surprising, is it? Nobody’s actually interested in whatever preservation scheme Budge & co cooks up, there’s no point wasting anybody’s time pretending otherwise.

AWMSC

Same for me. I've despised all thing Hearts and their scummy fans since the late 60's and listening to that clown only reinforces my feelings. As for Tom English's enthrallment with Partick's tear stained missive, get a grip you fvcking wanker.

Being younger than yourself, I've never really had first hand dealings with them given that we never play them, but I'd rhyme it off from Wallace Mercer and the proposed buy out of Hibs, Chris Robinson and the aforementioned Mr. Deans, Romanov and now Ann Budge. That's forty years worth of absolute wrong 'uns. As I brought Dundee into it, it's been Ron Dixon, the Marr Brothers and Giovanni Di Stefano, Callum Melville and now this dick Nelms, who's prepared to whore out his vote to whoever's prepared to cross his palms with silver. At least he voted the way we wanted in the end, but it doesn't show him in a good light.

Was reading today how, whilst SPFL rules dictate that clubs can't charge more for away fans than they do for home fans, Hearts get round it by closing the bottom tier of the away stand and charging a premium for the top tier. I'd like to think that if Morton are charging £20 next season, we could increase prices to £25 for Hearts, on the provision that if someone provides their Hearts ticket, they can get into the next home game for say, £10 to £15. It would increase our crowd for a more run of the mill fixture and get it right up them, which would be nice.

Shamelessly taking advantage of the maroon pound would be right up my street.

Don't forget, there is also Jim Duffy's fucking magic assortment of Former Morton legends in that division to throw into the mix. They should surely fancy themselves for a play-off place next year.

Duffy will be too busy grovelling about how Partick and Falkirk are top flight sleeping giants of the game to hold even the slightest inclination of challenging them for promotion. A man whose wee timer attitude was the reason why his stint in charge of The Famous was rightly brought to to end.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I think that when Hearts come to Cappielow their supporters should be put in the Wee Dublin End; and be nowhere near the Cowshed.

According to Jambos Kickback, there won’t be any Hearts fans at Cappielow next season, as they’re all boycotting away games to teams that voted ‘yes‘.

We’ll see how long that lasts...

According to Jambos Kickback, there won’t be any Hearts fans at Cappielow next season, as they’re all boycotting away games to teams that voted ‘yes‘.

We’ll see how long that lasts...

I had a look at Jambos Kickback there, specifically the thread about boycotting other clubs. One massive difference from the admittedly small sample I've read and this forum is that almost to a man they're singing from the same hymn sheet.

We always see complaints about Morton fans from other Morton fans that we're always at war with, and fucking hate, each other. Auld Edwards was always bleating about that on here back in the day.

Imagine being part of a support like that though? I suppose they did a good job of mobilising their support to save their club and have raised a few quid since, but surely such a bunker mentality, and a refusal to accept any failings on their own part is unhealthy. They've had pretty devastating news I suppose, so it's not the time for their support to think rationally. Easy to compare them to the Rangers support, who of course we've been more familiar with in recent years, but such comparisons don't appear to be without foundation.

I had a look at Jambos Kickback there, specifically the thread about boycotting other clubs. One massive difference from the admittedly small sample I've read and this forum is that almost to a man they're singing from the same hymn sheet.

We always see complaints about Morton fans from other Morton fans that we're always at war with, and fucking hate, each other. Auld Edwards was always bleating about that on here back in the day.

Imagine being part of a support like that though? I suppose they did a good job of mobilising their support to save their club and have raised a few quid since, but surely such a bunker mentality, and a refusal to accept any failings on their own part is unhealthy. They've had pretty devastating news I suppose, so it's not the time for their support to think rationally. Easy to compare them to the Rangers support, who of course we've been more familiar with in recent years, but such comparisons don't appear to be without foundation.

Aye, some of the infighting among the Morton support arises from an entirely justified revulsion to genuine ones for the watching, and while on many occasions the disagreements have resulted in ridiculously over the top situations which no other clubs have experienced like our own support having to be segregated from each other at Inverness or every other game at Dumbarton over the years, there's really nothing healthy about the hive mind mentality prevalent among many other support. See how Dundee fans unfailingly fling themselves in front of bullets for whichever charlatan is in the boardroom from year to year for a prime example.

Not that I have much interest in defending Hearts fans but they do at least seem to have a significant number of fans who are as willing as fans of every other club to point and laugh at their most extreme, happy clapping, 'our club is always in the right' contingent, which Kickback embodies. Contrast with supports like Falkirk, where you'll find a few lone ostracised voices of reason on P&B and everyone else is just in a different place on the hive mind, where one board member or manager is the genius who will restore them to their rightful place and anyone who disagrees clearly has a personal agenda, then two weeks later they've flipped en masse and Paul Hartley was always a dud whose signings were terrible or Ray McKinnon was always a terrible appointment and they always knew the board had fucked up with his appointment.

Give me healthy disagreement with the ability to see when your own club is in the wrong and deserving of criticism over that level of groupthink any day.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

As much as I appreciate that finishing the season early isn’t an ideal scenario, I struggle to see any credible basis for all of the whinging and moaning that’s going on. The entire fuckin world has gone to pot, there’s a couple of thousand (and counting) dead people in Scotland, none of us know when we’ll see our friends and family again, or if our jobs will still exist: in the incomprehensible and unpredictable situation we’re in, I can’t got the life of me see that the conclusion that’s been reached is really all that bad or unjust. Nothing can carry on as normal, and losing a few rounds of fixtures isn’t a big price to pay in the grand scheme. Four clubs who performed really badly over the season miss out on a few attempts to salvage their position, but tough luck.

Aside from that, the leagues were all at the end of the third quarter, so it’s not even as if there’s any imbalance in fixtures: everybody has played each other the same number of times, so the standings as they are aren’t unfair in any way.

It’s not perfect and it’s a boot in the baws for the relegated clubs, but that’s just how it has to be. If they didn’t want to be involved in relegations, they shouldn’t have been shite at football for three quarters of the season.

AWMSC

I'm amazed at the hysterical ravings that have come from the likes of Hearts Partick, Falkirk and now that scabby highland rabble.

Hearts have been atrocious all season despite having far greater resources than most premier clubs. Partick are the same, as are Falkirk. They made bad decisions with managers and signings and are looking to be rescued from their own incompetence because it isn't fair. 

I have zero sympathy for any of them and I'm quite sure none of them would be pleading to save  the likes of Accies, Alloa or Forfar were positions  reversed.

Fucking get down or stay down and shut the fuck up.

I'm amazed at the hysterical ravings that have come from the likes of Hearts Partick, Falkirk and now that scabby highland rabble.

Hearts have been atrocious all season despite having far greater resources than most premier clubs. Partick are the same, as are Falkirk. They made bad decisions with managers and signings and are looking to be rescued from their own incompetence because it isn't fair. 

I have zero sympathy for any of them and I'm quite sure none of them would be pleading to save  the likes of Accies, Alloa or Forfar were positions were reversed.

Fucking get down or stay down and shut the fuck up.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Inverness have never really been that offensive a club until recently, but it's absolutely the behaviour you'd expect from the other three. That Scott Gardiner up there strikes me as a right nasty piece of work- listening to him grassing up John Nelms on Sportsound on the Saturday a few weeks back with his account of the Whatsapp conversation only for Stewart Gilmour to come on the same programme a day later and rip his argument to shreds was a highlight of this whole affair.

Was saying to the mates today on our own group chat that Inverness have got right on my tits the last year or so. Had to chuckle at one of their fans saying on P&B today that they're sitting 2nd had the 5th or 6th biggest budget in the league. Pretty sure they're losing £8-900k a year so quite how their budget can be so low and they're still making such loses with the crowds that they announce is a mystery.

Their eventual fall down the divisions should be inevitable. The sooner it happens the better.

There are reasons to be annoyed - perhaps even disgusted - with the way the SPFL organized the vote and announcement(s), and then "organized" the piss-up-in-a-brewery reconstruction committee. Fair enough, criticize them for that. It's not like they've got a clean copybook up until this point.

But for the life of me, I just can't see how anyone can be genuinely outraged by the eventual outcome. OK, the SPFL should have handled it far better, and as I said earlier I think Brora and Kelty have had a raw deal, but the league clubs affected can't seriously believe this is some arbitrary case of injustice, can they?

This is the part that's really not clicking with me. How can anyone look at the relegations and promotions and gasp in horror, completely in shock at the outcome? They can't. They're doing it for the camera.

Same with reconstruction. The people banging the table saying "we NEED change now" - and that change is in division size only, by the way, nothing more structural than that - would be monk silent if they were two places higher in the league. There simply isn't a case for reconstruction that doesn't rest entirely - 100%, to the letter entirely - on saving certain clubs from the drop. If there was such a case, I guarantee that more than the clubs affected would have listened. But there isn't.

There are going to be a lot more twists and turns in the league before we get back to normal but I'm glad this half-assed attempt at reconstruction has died a death. And, maybe it's a bit of schadenfreude, but I'm also glad that the clubs who thought it was really going to happen have realized that everyone else was just humoring them.

EOho8Pw.png

There are reasons to be annoyed - perhaps even disgusted - with the way the SPFL organized the vote and announcement(s), and then "organized" the piss-up-in-a-brewery reconstruction committee. Fair enough, criticize them for that. It's not like they've got a clean copybook up until this point.

But for the life of me, I just can't see how anyone can be genuinely outraged by the eventual outcome. OK, the SPFL should have handled it far better, and as I said earlier I think Brora and Kelty have had a raw deal, but the league clubs affected can't seriously believe this is some arbitrary case of injustice, can they?

This is the part that's really not clicking with me. How can anyone look at the relegations and promotions and gasp in horror, completely in shock at the outcome? They can't. They're doing it for the camera.

Same with reconstruction. The people banging the table saying "we NEED change now" - and that change is in division size only, by the way, nothing more structural than that - would be monk silent if they were two places higher in the league. There simply isn't a case for reconstruction that doesn't rest entirely - 100%, to the letter entirely - on saving certain clubs from the drop. If there was such a case, I guarantee that more than the clubs affected would have listened. But there isn't.

There are going to be a lot more twists and turns in the league before we get back to normal but I'm glad this half-assed attempt at reconstruction has died a death. And, maybe it's a bit of schadenfreude, but I'm also glad that the clubs who thought it was really going to happen have realized that everyone else was just humoring them.

Brora and Kelty are in the same position as any other team in our around a promotion play off semi final. Perhaps the raw deal is that there is no automatic relegation place in League 2, but they are simply affected by the cancellation of the playoffs in the same way as many other clubs.

That's one of the things that ICT's rant doesn't seem to comprehend. They can't seem to get their great around why Brechin weren't relegated. It's very simple. Brechin were in a playoff position and the playoffs were cancelled. The other three were in automatic relegation positions. When the basics like that cannot be grasped, it's no surprise that there is no hint of a proper solution in their rambling.

I should add that I think everyone gets a bit of a raw deal out of this, but that's just the reality of having to finish a season early. There's no way to remedy that.

Archived