SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 16 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

Needless to say that Grangemouth have responded to confirmation that they will be MAROONED in the seaside leagues for yet another campaign with their accustomed and timeless dignity:

Let Paul Hartley's Cove beat them to promotion on a dodgy last minute clincher on goals scored next season and then send in the fucking bulldozers.

Yep Cove to win the title and Falkirk to lose the playoff final to a dodgy goal against anyone other than Airdrie or Partick is the dream scenario here.

Mon the Ton

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Falkirk's statement:

You will share my anger at this latest injustice, the failed promises and general mismanagement that has occurred at the top of Scottish football for many years

Shouldn't this shower get their own house in order before they have a go at others over mismanagement?

*insert signature here*

While I am ultimately happy with the end result the whole process has been nothing short of a shambles.

The usual SPFL cack-handed way of doing things was to be expected. If it ends up with a few heads on the chopping block, then it's win-win as far as I am concerned.

I'd be happy for Airdrie to win the league if it means that Falkirk and, more importantly, Partick stay in the Seaside leagues for another season.

Don't forget, there is also Jim Duffy's fucking magic assortment of Former Morton legends in that division to throw into the mix. They should surely fancy themselves for a play-off place next year.

*insert signature here*

That is an absolute belter of a tear stained response. We could hilariously pick that apart all day long but I’m sure that will be happening on P&B already.

They need to assess their options and their next step? Eat yer fucking dinner, enjoy League 1. What was it for McKinnon aswell, 60k? 😂😂😂😂

Get them liquidated post being pumped by Cove in the playoffs next season.

Apparently they're cash-rich and their fans feel themselves in a good position vis-a-vis the clubs around them.

So that's that! After reading their statement, I for one feel absolutely confident that the club's directorate will responsibly marshal their resources in a prudent and productive fashion. They certainly won't embark on an insane spending spree in a vain attempt to prove their doubters wrong. Not for the third consecutive season in a row.

(In all seriousness Falkirk do seem better placed than most clubs to weather this storm. But man, it'll be funny as fuck if their hubris makes them blow it yet again.)

Somewhat related, but there is a very cruel irony to the recent shutdown - the clubs that have done the best in raising local sponsorship are the ones that will feel the pain most acutely. Those who rely purely on the largesse of the board or on gate receipts won't notice the shortfall quite as much. Those who've knocked on doors, badgered local companies, sold out hospitality months on advance etc. are about to truly feel the pain, because every small or medium business is absolutely not going to rent a hoarding or buy a sleeve patch if they have payroll to meet or suppliers to pay. In this twisted way, our stupid little basket case of a club might make out a bit better than it would otherwise.

Then again, when you get right down to it, we're at the mercy of one singular sponsor, which might at any time decide that shirt slot not worth paying for after all.

EOho8Pw.png

That is an absolute belter of a tear stained response. We could hilariously pick that apart all day long but I’m sure that will be happening on P&B already.

They need to assess their options and their next step? Eat yer fucking dinner, enjoy League 1. What was it for McKinnon aswell, 60k? 😂😂😂😂

Get them liquidated post being pumped by Cove in the playoffs next season.

They really do have a brass neck about this. If you look at the joint statement of Brora and Kelty - the two clubs in all of this who (in my opinion) genuinely have been wronged - it is measured, sober, and factual. Falkirk on the other hand have only themselves to blame, but have gone full Rangers anyway.

Most of their fans seem like utter plums, though, so I'm delighted at this turn of events.

EOho8Pw.png

The complete lack of self awareness in that statement is utterly astounding and hilarious! I’ve never ever wanted any club to go to the wall before after what we went through but I hope their demise in the seasides is a long slow painful one

here today, gone to hell

"Change is required."

Why? Because it suits?

GET FUCKING DOON 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

Tom English likened the Partick statement to the Gettysburg Address. Dearie me.

Now there is a former Hearts director on saying how unfair it is and that the Spfl are alienating their 3rd largest club. That they have a duty to look after best interests of members.....just like they would look after Dundee United if Hearts stayed up.

Get Doon!!

Listening to the radio just now and there's some Hearts director type losing the plot over this. Scottish Football has turned into meltdown central. It's fucking brilliant, it really is.

*insert signature here*

Both statements really are a thing of beauty.

No doubt the club will be gutted they both wont be in the league next season for the revenue but Hearts coming down will cover that surely. A lot of Hearts fans wont have been to Cappielow in the same way many of us haven't been to Tyncastle so would expect a few thousand to travel over.

Id absolutely love an opening day away game against Hearts. Of course the club would love it at home.

I'm looking forward to Tynecastle. I've been down the Gorgie Road/Dalry Road loads of times and seen plenty of great looking 'bin pubs' but have never had the pleasure of nipping in for a pint.

*insert signature here*

Listening to the radio just now and there's some Hearts director type losing the plot over this. Scottish Football has turned into meltdown central. It's fucking brilliant, it really is.

Aye, Leslie Deans. A top quality meltdown that’s recommended listening for anyone that missed it when they release the podcast. Demanding £3 million compensation from the other clubs for being utter shite all season.

Hearts really are a club that’s rotten to the core. For my whole lifetime, they’ve been ran by thoroughly objectionable chancers. A bit like Dundee. If this virus kills them off, you’ll not see any tears from me anyway.

Only pity is Hearts hadn’t beat the Scum by a few goals the other month and we could be laughing at them possibly going down by goal difference.

We know that we'll be playing them again within the next season or two so there's no great novelty for St.Mirren coming down. Also, Im not as keen on away games there since they left Love Street.

*insert signature here*

Archived