SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 15 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tedious lets get thread back on track and start a new thread about the dick.  Cant believe McKinnon has got involved in this reconstruction pish unless he confirms that WE  dont want any.

Morton haven't asked if we want reconstruction- and what you (or I) want isn't necessarily a representation of what the support want.

I'll be clear in saying I don't want to see reconstruction for a few reasons, but I'd rather have someone from Morton on the inside and being able to have an influence than taking a watching brief. If MacKinnon and Morton oppose reconstruction, that's all the more reason to be part of the taskforce.

I’d like to see reconstruction but only taking place at the end of the 20/21 season. If a majority of clubs want a 14 team league for example then there should be two up automatically and a playoff from this division next season with Hearts in it. Relegation should proceed both this season and next. All clubs should be required to earn their place at a higher level instead of elevating certain playoff teams (Inverness; Edinburgh City; them) at the expense of others on no valid grounds. And any new structure should be guaranteed for ten years rather than being a temporary measure to placate a handful of losers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

tedious lets get thread back on track and start a new thread about the dick. Cant believe McKinnon has got involved in this reconstruction pish unless he confirms that WE dont want any.

His comments in it were spot on tbf.

• 2 weeks later...

League 2 clubs have come to a consensus that they would all want and would vote for 14-14-14. If they stick to that, they would vote down any other proposal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52439324

Then no proposal will be accepted because the premiership and championship teams are highly unlikely to agree to add 2 teams into each league without prize money redistribution because of the huge gap in money between the 2 divisions.

This is good news IMO.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Then no proposal will be accepted because the premiership and championship teams are highly unlikely to agree to add 2 teams into each league without prize money redistribution because of the huge gap in money between the 2 divisions.

This is good news IMO.

Yes good news and Dundee and Budge well shafted.

VT's position that we should all play for places in any newly constructed league format is the only fair way forward if they continue to promote this.

Do I smell another Raging investigation.

Collusion seems endemic in Scottish Football.

• 2 weeks later...

Reconstruction scrapped.

Guess we’ll be seeing Hearts next season.

But not Partick or Falkirk. Shame that.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Needless to say that Grangemouth have responded to confirmation that they will be MAROONED in the seaside leagues for yet another campaign with their accustomed and timeless dignity:

Falkirk FC respond to news of the failure of league reconstruction talks

Falkirk FC Chairman Gary Deans said:

“Today’s announcement will not come as a huge surprise to Falkirk supporters who have, along with the rest of Scottish football, witnessed firsthand the utter shambles engulfing our game these last few weeks.

As you know I have been working with the SPFL Reconstruction Group over recent weeks and I received a call late this afternoon (8 May) informing me that six Premier League clubs had indicated they would not support any league reconstruction at the present time.

As a club we embarked upon this process with eyes wide open and tempered optimism, hoping that the SPFL and other clubs might see the bigger picture and act in the best interests of Scottish football. In fairness, some did see that bigger picture and approached talks in a constructive manner – but once again progress has been hampered by the short sightedness and self-preservation of a small cabal within Scotland’s top division.

You will share my anger at this latest injustice, the failed promises and the general mismanagement that has occurred at the top of Scottish football for many years

The handling of this entire situation has been farcical ranging from the decisions made by the SPFL board to those clubs who have, what could only be charitably described as, misled and deceived.  The principle of ‘do no harm’ to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and the decision taken today will cause harm to many clubs – Falkirk included.

To add insult to injury to release a statement on a Friday evening adding to the stress of players, staff and the many people connected with football clubs is a sign of the blatant contempt that those in charge of our game hold for us all.

I have already embarked upon discussions with other clubs who share my anger and we will be considering the next steps to take over the weekend.  I will keep you informed as matters progress but for now the club has made it clear that we cannot support this unfair decision taken by six clubs and supported by those at the SPFL.  Change is required.

As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking, and with your support press on through the leagues and take our place in the top division where we can continue to lobby for the necessary change required in Scottish football.”

Let Paul Hartley's Cove beat them to promotion on a dodgy last minute clincher on goals scored next season and then send in the fucking bulldozers.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived