SPFL Clubs to Vote - Page 10 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

SPFL Clubs to Vote

Well it's a sad day for all as we have finally loss Dundee Unt.

I dare say trips to the capital was offer us some consolation.

Ha Ha

With Patrick in league 1 poor auld Falkirk might have a fight on their hands getting third after Cove.

That's very much the elephant in the room down there whenever next season actually kicks off. Here's hoping Cove throw the kitchen sink at it and Hartley can win promotion at those bastards' expense.

Edinburgh City remaining in League Two's also a good thing to put a spanner in the works for Raymond's promotion charge.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's very much the elephant in the room down there whenever next season actually kicks off. Here's hoping Cove throw the kitchen sink at it and Hartley can win promotion at those bastards' expense.

Edinburgh City remaining in League Two's also a good thing to put a spanner in the works for Raymond's promotion charge.

Imagine Hartley kept them down, that would be hilarious.

The SPFL Resolution to end the season 2019/20 has now been concluded, with over 81% of teams voting in favour.

We have been closely involved in the process, been active in meetings, and have been updated on a regular basis by the SPFL and the Championship representative. We would like to thank those parties for their honesty and diligence during this time.

We have though felt it prudent not to comment until the voting process was ended.

With the various issues around public health, the need to protect everyone in our society, and the need to plan for life beyond this terrible pandemic, we believe this decision is the best solution for the future of Scottish Football during this unprecedented time. It is simply not possible to complete the current season under these circumstances.

We are hugely sympathetic to the effect this decision will have on clubs who will be adversely impacted, and we hope they are able to work through the difficult times ahead.

It is important for everyone within Scottish football to now come together, and as a club, we will continue to remain calm and respectful of others. Football clubs are very much at the heart of our communities and it is our duty to continue to show compassion during these difficult times.

In the coming days and weeks, we will finalise our plans and update on the way forward.

We greatly appreciate the support of our fans and the local community, and our sincere best wishes and thoughts go to you and your families.

Keep Safe and we look forward to a brighter future for us all beyond this pandemic.

Crawford Rae

Chairman

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Falkirk will "reluctantly accept the outcome" of the SPFL's vote to end the season and deny them the chance to win the Scottish League One title.

They trailed Raith Rovers by a point, but had a far superior goal difference, when the leagues paused on 13 March.

Falkirk voted against the SPFL's plans last week and are "disappointed" that Dundee's late U-turn proved decisive.

However, they have welcomed the news that a taskforce will discuss league reconstruction for next season.

The suggested expansion of the top flight could mean Falkirk being elevated to the Championship with Raith.

"The impact of the pandemic on Scottish football could and should have been handled better," read a statement.

"It is now vital that league reconstruction takes place as soon as possible. We will, of course, contribute positively.

"It is our strong belief that urgent and meaningful league reconstruction is essential given the disruption caused by the early ending of the season and the unfair consequences for many clubs, Falkirk included."

Can see this reconstruction going through and all cunty teams saved.

It needs a minimum 11-1 vote of approval in the top flight, as well as 75% of clubs in the top two tiers and 75% of all SPFL clubs (two separate categories) to support it in order to be implemented. The chances of any reconstruction plan pleasing nearly everyone in Scottish football like that is low, never mind Ann Budge's latest back of a fag packet effort.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah but how many votes do you need to approve reconstruction? Any proposal that obviously just tries to save their skin would receive enough vetos to deny it anyway.

11-1 in the Premiership, 75% of the Premiership & Championship combined, 75% of the SPFL as a whole. I don't see how they could possibly come up with something 11 Premiership clubs will agree to, particularly when Rangers are probably going to say no to everything in a huff.

Even if you do manage to get something that appeals to 11 Premiership clubs, you're then needing fewer than 10 clubs outside the Premiership to be opposed, and any scheme being led by Ann fucking Budge of all people is probably going to be based around dumping part-time clubs into regional leagues and diverting money away from them, getting no votes.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

11-1 in the Premiership, 75% of the Premiership & Championship combined, 75% of the SPFL as a whole. I don't see how they could possibly come up with something 11 Premiership clubs will agree to, particularly when Rangers are probably going to say no to everything in a huff.

Even if you do manage to get something that appeals to 11 Premiership clubs, you're then needing fewer than 10 clubs outside the Premiership to be opposed, and any scheme being led by Ann fucking Budge of all people is probably going to be based around dumping part-time clubs into regional leagues and diverting money away from them, getting no votes.

Through their bitter salty tears many Rangers fans want their club to walk away from Scottish football so why bother voting? 😂

I wonder how much of the team we will be able to retain for next season.

Will probably be the end for Millar. Which is a shame as despite the past year or so he was excellent in his overall time at the club and spent a good chunk of his career with us. Would’ve been nice for him to get a send off.

I’d keep Rogers, Tumilty, Cadden, McAlister, McHugh, and Nesbitt. Think Lyon, Colville, Strapp, Jacobs and Orsi are under contract anyway.

Hopkin needs to get the CH’s sorted as a priority whenever the window opens. We could score plenty this season but That’s no use when the centre of defence was utter shite. Would hope McGinty and McLean are punted and Baird doesn’t return.

Outrageous that Budge is chairing the group to come up with reconstruction plans. Clear conflict of interest there.

Any suggested reconstruction is likely to be a temporary one.

Can't see St. Mirren, Hamilton or Ross county voting for a 14 team league which relegates 3 teams just to get back to the status quo after one season.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived