Favourite messageboard moments - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Favourite messageboard moments

capitanus

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t quite know what it is about Thistle I dislike so much. The title race years ago doesn’t even bother me, there’s just something so unlikeable about them as a football club. They kind of have the sickly “a club like no other” stuff that Celtic do, but without actually winning things or being a big club.

I dont mind Thistle. Think I've said on here before I'd probably support them had I not been a Morton fan.

If I wasn't a Morton supporter I would probably be a St. Mirren supporter. They may be a shower of cunts who follow a horrible club from a horrible town but I have more in common with them and hold them in far higher regard than 'the great Glasgow alternative'.

*insert signature here*

I don’t quite know what it is about Thistle I dislike so much. The title race years ago doesn’t even bother me, there’s just something so unlikeable about them as a football club. They kind of have the sickly “a club like no other” stuff that Celtic do, but without actually winning things or being a big club.

The whole point in Partick Thistle is not being Rangers or Celtic. What a shite existence. For all they seem to think they stand alone as some sort of beacon of decency, to be defined by two behemoths they share a city with is pretty tragic stuff. They don't even represent the community that lends them it's name, having fucked off out of there 112 years ago.

You're right about the "club like no other" patter, it falls in with McCall describing them as the only club of a certain stature in Scottish football that's "iconic". They're not- they're a crap run of the mill club with ideas above their station and an elevated sense of self worth because a few TV celebrities attached themselves to them down the years for fear of alienating themselves to half an audience by admitting to supporting Rangers or Celtic.

I certainly wouldn't go down Paul's route of saying I would probably support St. Mirren were it not for Morton, but they're far less objectionable than clubs like Partick and Falkirk, but geography dictates that most will dislike them more than that pair.

Partick are a club with absolutely no redeeming features. Nothing would delight me more than this virus wiping them off the Scottish football map (well, maybe it wiping Falkirk off the map, but it's a close run thing).

As I've lived in Glasgow for decades & I've Thistle supporting friends who I sometimes tagged along with I seriously considered supporting Thistle when Morton seemed to be heading down the toilet under Scott & Peden. The more I thought about it the more I knew I could never make that switch.

I’d forgotten about the bold Mike. Did we ever peg down exactly what the script was with him?

I've never met a Partick Thistle fan who isn't completely up their own arse. They have an unbearable fanbase with some serious delusions of grandeur.

Au contraire every Thistle fan i've ever met bar none have been brand new.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

I’d forgotten about the bold Mike. Did we ever peg down exactly what the script was with him?

If I recall correctly he came here after getting Darlington into heavy debt over a new stand and handing them over to a nutter who relocated them away from the part redeveloped ground to a 20,000 seater new stadium (1500 fans - that ended well). By this time Scott was trying to get away and Peden agreed a deal with him. He then presented himself as the new owner and showed off some new signings. Over the following months IIRC payment of wages went erratic, it turned out he hadn't paid Scott to complete their deal & I think the new players weren't directly contracted to the club but to him or one of his companies. Morton then staggered into administration after Scott had to step back in. It also emerged he'd never actually completed the takeover at Darlington either.

It’s not so much the Thistle fans for me as the “media darlings” rubbish. “Firhill for Thrills”, “The Maryhill Magyars” etc. are phrases that don’t marry up with the actual product on the pitch. They’re no different from a Raith Rovers or an Ayr United, and yet they seem to get publicised as some sort of paragons of football virtue. This causes me to greatly dislike them and take a perverse pleasure in them losing games or being relegated, but I certainly wouldn’t want them to go out of business.

• 2 weeks later...

Another great time was when Urnie was going off his nut about the Stars of 79 night and nobody was interested as we were too interested in playing 'red dot dickhead'.

Great days.

*insert signature here*

Another great time was when Urnie was going off his nut about the Stars of 79 night and nobody was interested as we were too interested in playing 'red dot dickhead'.

Great days.

What ever happened to Ernest? Wonder what he’s up to these days? Ditto LinwoodTon. Bet he’s drinking Volvic right now!

What ever happened to Ernest? Wonder what he’s up to these days? Ditto LinwoodTon. Bet he’s drinking Volvic right now!

Considering you posted that at 6.33pm, he was probably eating Turkey Drummers and Spaghetti Hoops at that time.

:)

*insert signature here*

Through the hatch comes a tray of food. I paw at it listlessly until I notice it contains chicken nuggets. And what chicken nuggets! These boast all the smoky zing of McCain Southern coating with the tenderest cuts of white meat. The beans are lukewarm but not overcooked and a generous dollop of smash adds a buttery finish that sets the plate off beautifully. To drink, a mug of steaming tea. A really, really good meal.

EOho8Pw.png

Through the hatch comes a tray of food. I paw at it listlessly until I notice it contains chicken nuggets. And what chicken nuggets! These boast all the smoky zing of McCain Southern coating with the tenderest cuts of white meat. The beans are lukewarm but not overcooked and a generous dollop of smash adds a buttery finish that sets the plate off beautifully. To drink, a mug of steaming tea. A really, really good meal.

Gordon's Turkey Drummers were of the Bernard Matthews variety. Still, it's boootiful.

*insert signature here*

Archived