Your Morton 6-a-side Team - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Your Morton 6-a-side Team

Deal. As long as you don't try to make 'jokes' again.

Who's joking?

VikingTON owns you, and he only lets you out his pocket now and again to post on here.

That is a factual statement. Thanks for playing champ ;)

*insert signature here*

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No they shouldn’t because football in the 1960s was garbage.

Next.

Did you bother to read the original post:

"It's simple, name the best six a side team with Morton players you've seen play in the flesh."

Are you really so up your own arse you want us to pick only from players VT has seen in the flesh?

If football in the 1960s was garbage - and it was - then it stands to reason that the puffing messes that you saw back then are nowhere near the most competent players at this club in the fifty years since. Unless we’re holding an over-75s tournament against Rugged Island, your contribution is therefore redundant.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

If football in the 1960s was garbage - and it was - then it stands to reason that the puffing messes that you saw back then are nowhere near the most competent players at this club in the fifty years since. Unless we’re holding an over-75s tournament against Rugged Island, your contribution is therefore redundant.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Might be a bit inconvenient for you, but Orr, Holmes and Ritchie played into the 80’s. Are you claiming the likes of Hopalong Gunning, Peter Wetherspoons and Ross Forbes are better athletes than Orr and Holmes?

Might be a bit inconvenient for you, but Orr, Holmes and Ritchie played into the 80’s. Are you claiming the likes of Hopalong Gunning, Peter Wetherspoons and Ross Forbes are better athletes than Orr and Holmes?

Athletes? Yes, most definitely.

Baines

Holmes Orr

Janne Tolmie

Ritchie

Swap John McNeil for Andy Ritchie.

I'd have included Gerry Sweeney, but I only ever saw him play at Scapa for Bristol City, so not sure if that counts.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Archived