Sign in to follow this  
capitanus

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

Love the NHS, but fuck her.

Stop going on about #JadeGoodey.

There is no such thing in life as normal.

Let's get back on subject. 

Someone doing a bit of voluntary work actually changed the status of their linkedin......Oft, minter. 

TIME FOR CHANGE!

I think the LinkedIn update shows just how tactless Callum is being. Giving it the full 'big bad Morton fans' routine on his blog while updating his CV and public profile to put his voluntary role front and centre, meanwhile a club employee is sitting on his thumbs sweating about his future. MacKinnon should never have let this happen in the first place, he deserves just as much criticism as the opportunist who accepted the role. I also know of at least two people who have contacted MacKinnon regarding this situation to no avail. 

Tasteless and tactless behaviour.  

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Does the furloughed employee care?

Old Urnie and his Groomed-arse sidekick are now both championing the young lad. Pair of wierdo's.

While I'm here can someone see about getting the Twitter profile picture changed back, it's weird.

While I'm here can someone see about getting the Twitter profile picture changed back, it's weird.

Apparently our Chief Executive has done a Glenn Miller amidst this whole charade. I agree with you, its weird. All because he wanted hauners from some Facebook maws against Toby.

Does the furloughed employee care?

It's not my place to speak for anyone, especially having never met the guy, and I probably should have worded that more clearly. If I was in Ewan's position I'd be fretting for my job. MacKinnon, and the club, have made it plain that they're willing to do anything to save money. If someone with employment outside of football offered to replace the role of a paid employee on a voluntary basis then I can't see the club turning it down. I'd love to be proven wrong on that prediction, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Stop going on about #JadeGoodey.

Or Janey Godley who he is actually referring to. #NotJadeGoody

Posted (edited)

2536b981-a19e-466d-bafe-2541e1188779.jpg

Wow.

:lol:

Poor young philanthropist, just trying to follow his dream, to do good, to promote others in a positive way.

Fuxake.

Edited by Jamie_M

Like others I never really thought much about this, particularly in the beginning when I took the view that if nothing else he was getting the Morton name out there and in a fairly positive manner, despite whoever his BIG team were.

But reading this over the last few days I now believe that this guy is lower than a snakes baws.

Morton, unfortunately, don’t come out of it shining brightly either.

Let the original guy do the updates whether he is on furlough or not I’m sure he’d have happy to do so.

Let the original guy do the updates whether he is on furlough or not I’m sure he’d have happy to do so.

Legally he can’t. The furlough means you cannot do any form of work for your employer.

I think this guy deserves a thread of his own.Just in case anyone from Morton bothers to check this place out

Same. Until now I haven't been that bothered and inasmuch as it reflected badly on anyone, it would primarily be the club, as they chose to furlough someone then approach a volunteer. But this is really without class.

On the official Facebook page he's also posted a photo taken by Jonathan Mitchell - a guy who I've worked with before professionally, and was never anything short of diligent and scrupulous - without any kind of credit or bothering to ask permission. This would be bad enough even if Jonathan hadn't worked for Morton in the past. The fact that he did makes things worse.

The club needs to get a grip of this situation.

The post effectively encouraging everyone else to go and steal photos to post for him to use?

Apart from the fact he forgot to allow photos to be added meaning nobody could and the whole episode was even more pointless than it seemed from the off.

Legally he can’t. The furlough means you cannot do any form of work for your employer.

Didn't realise that

The point being that Ewan is essentially on temporary redundancy due to the position not being required. Having a volunteer carry out the role is an abuse of the furlough system completely.

If they want content, they should be paying Ewan to do it and if he’s furloughed, the only thing that should be going out are official updates from McKinnon.

Nobody should be surprised at what's happening at Cappielow right now.

McKinnon was brought in to save money.  It's all about sustainability for McKinnon. If that means breaking a few eggs it doesn't matter. Andy Bryant was an easy target, money saved. Alyson Fielding another easy target, money saved. Ewan Boyle could be another easy target when there is someone willing to do the job for free, money saved. How long before we have a plastic pitch and no requirement for Parklea and another long serving employee gone, money saved.

The only employees that will be left at the club are those that bring in more money than they are costing unless that is you can get a volunteer to do it for free.

Make no mistake McKinnon's raison d'être is sustainability. He's been put in place to stop this club losing money and Crawford has given him a free hand to do whatever it takes for that to happen.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Nobody should be surprised at what's happening at Cappielow right now.

McKinnon was brought in to save money.  It's all about sustainability for McKinnon. If that means breaking a few eggs it doesn't matter. Andy Bryant was an easy target, money saved. Alyson Fielding another easy target, money saved. Ewan Boyle could be another easy target when there is someone willing to do the job for free, money saved. How long before we have a plastic pitch and no requirement for Parklea and another long serving employee gone, money saved.

The only employees that will be left at the club are those that bring in more money than they are costing unless that is you can get a volunteer to do it for free.

Make no mistake McKinnon's raison d'être is sustainability. He's been put in place to stop this club losing money and Crawford has given him a free hand to do whatever it takes for that to happen.

Who are you?

Who are you?

A concerned supporter just like you.

• Downvote 2

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

A coward who's prepared to put the boot in whenever the opportunity arises but won't take responsibility for my comments.

Thanks for clearing that up, I don't disagree with any of your initial points incidentally.

I do: the idea that we should suddenly be holding Parklea up as a La Masia level beacon of the club’s future is laughable nonsense.

As for the only employees staying being those who bring more net money than their cost - that is supposed to be the backroom culture at GMFC: it’s a business and not a social club. Nobody should be getting a job for life based on past history or, in the case of the disgraced skidmark wiper, a ludicrous claim to the Morton Hall of Fame.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I do: the idea that we should suddenly be holding Parklea up as a La Masia level beacon of the club’s future is laughable nonsense.

As for the only employees staying being those who bring more net money than their cost - that is supposed to be the backroom culture at GMFC: it’s a business and not a social club. Nobody should be getting a job for life based on past history or, in the case of the disgraced skidmark wiper, a ludicrous claim to the Morton Hall of Fame.

His/her point is though about what MacKinnon has been brought in to do. We can all have our opinions about what's right or wrong, but it's essentially a pretty accurate assessment of his job description. I don't have a problem with that, in spite of some question marks over the methods employed to find staff guilty of gross misconduct. Discipline is one thing though, cost cutting something else. I'd have thought that a kitman's job could possibly be done on the cheap by part time or existing staff, but can the same be said for a physiotherapist?

If Morton feel the need to make redundancies then so be it. It's not nice, but can't really be helped in some cases. There is however a massive difference between enforced redundancies and opportunistic disposal of staff because someone comes along offering to do the job for less money or for free. That's utterly immoral and would show both Morton and the volunteer in a horrendous light.

• Upvote 1

It’s a total kick in the baws for our usual media guy to basically get told to do one, then have an outside source come in and do his job voluntarily. Then, to really rub salt in the wounds, the outside source has went and updated his LinkedIn or whatever social media platform it was, stating he is now our media officer. Canny imagine our current media rep to be best pleased about that snake move.

• Upvote 2