Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game - Page 22 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Chinese Coronavirus threatens Dundee Utd game

capitanus

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EanieMeany said:

I think some of what's been said about him has been a bit overblown, but he's made his own bed for the most part and people are entitled to be a bit irked about some guy who, by his own admission, isn't a fan, and who has made himself unpopular being able to access games for reasons unknown (and also for his own blog) when nobody else is. Perhaps if we all just start a wee football blog we'll be allowed to go along? 

There was some wee guy there from “Not The Old Firm” covering it as well. Which to be fair, he has, but that’s basically a fan blog. 

I used to have press accreditation for UEFA and FIFA and it wasn't as hard to get as you might imagine. The "issue" is that, much like with "scouts", you'll just get people going along to random games but not "working." But of course they are "working" because getting in to a game for free and watching it is research, plus you're meeting people so it's networking. Nice work if you can get it.

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, Renfrew said:

Cracker of a thread especially towards the end where they both start to work out their email addresses etc... 

CFB has put out a statement on twitter - 

The use of 'our founder' as if we're dealing with a great captain of industry here instead of some wee fan-dan's stupid blog is fantastic.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

32 minutes ago, Scappastheplace said:

That is some drivel in the CFB statement.

The main purpose of the statement is to tell everyone he's the CFB Founder and that he is an FWA member. Me, me, me.

A compulsive liar as I proved last night, I hope no one is fooled.

Who was on the club Twitter last night?

EOho8Pw.png

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out, Callum. We know you’re reading 👍🏻

Bit harsh tbh. I don't know if he does read (he said he quit the forum, I believe?) but if he sticks to his word it's the right thing to do.

EOho8Pw.png

I do think a lot of the personal stuff against Callum has been a bit OTT at times, particularly on Twitter, but he must’ve known showing up to that game on Tuesday wouldn’t have gone down well. He (and MacKinnon) have completely done the old media guy over. Inadvertently? I don’t know, but there’s a popular guy now out of a job because he showed up.

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I do think a lot of the personal stuff against Callum has been a bit OTT at times, particularly on Twitter, but he must’ve known showing up to that game on Tuesday wouldn’t have gone down well. He (and MacKinnon) have completely done the old media guy over. Inadvertently? I don’t know, but there’s a popular guy now out of a job because he showed up.

It's also completely unnecessary. I don't use Twitter so I haven't seen it but his record speaks for himself.

I do have to admit that what I've listened to of his, I've really enjoyed. But the way he's conducting himself is doing him no favors at all.

EOho8Pw.png

8 hours ago, TheGoon said:

To be honest, apart from some of Gerry’s stuff (I’m not condoning it, but that’s Gerry) I can’t remember anything that’s been downright abusive towards him. He’s been asked some very difficult questions and had his integrity called into question on a number of occasions, but his actions have vindicated that line of questioning.

I’ve made two, possibly three enemies out of this whole scenario and saw one of them the other day alluding to borderline bullying, which I take exception to.

My initial concern was that if the club were going to give an opportunity to a young, aspiring sports journalist/broadcaster, they should be looking within the support for that, and it’s something there is no shortage of. Cammy that’s joining the podcast you’re on for example has only recently completed a Sports Journalism degree and previously reported on youth team games when Jonathan was in charge of the social media output.

But his behaviour, and downright lies, that he’s been pulled up on so many times over the last six months or so, have left him in this position, nothing else. This is a boy that nobody knew of who suddenly appeared claiming to support Morton until the skeletons came out, shat on our doorstep by screwing over one of our own and then cried mental health because of the reaction he got.

I’m sorry, but he’s made his bed, he can lie in it. I know that when we go back to games I’m going to have some unpleasant conversations with a few folk, something I’ll just have to deal with. Likewise, Callum will just have to accept that his actions have resulted in his unpopularity, and he’ll have to take responsibility for them instead of crying about the bully boys who were out to get the poor wee primary school teacher with mental health issues. He treated Ewan Boyle despicably and he knows it.

I’d like to think that he’ll disappear from view now in much the same way that Gordon and Ernie’s absence have made this forum a much more pleasant environment in recent months, but I suspect he’ll find a way to thrust himself into the limelight at some point in the near future.

Until then, I’m delighted that his blocking of myself has cleaned my Twitter feed up of his embarrassing arse kissing of anyone with a remote link to Scottish football and shite about Connah’s Quay Nomads and Chester City in spite of me having never actually followed him. So I owe him that debt of gratitude at least.

7 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Agree with all of this apart from the OTT part.

The reason being that I have simply never came across this before. This isnt going to the boss and grassing on someone because they messed up a spread sheet. This is a 10 month plan to get a young employee sacked and to take his place.

Imagine being Eubo in all of this, sitting wondering where his next job is and a CV that says he could hold down his first media job for barely a year. By all accounts he loved his job and I certainly had no problem with his content. Neither did CFB, but he wanted into Cappielow to help progress his podcast venture and to do this he made a fake account, primarily to promote his own stuff but also to tell everyone at Morton that Eubo's work was sub standard. 

He then contacts the club to tell them he will do the work of Eubo for free while he was furloughed. We all knew the end result was inevitable after that, culminating in him sitting in Eubo's seat on Tueday night. What we also must not forget is that we are only seeing CFB's content in the public eye, what on earth is he telling them in private in texts, phone calls and emails?

If that happened to me, and I'm trying to put myself in that position and evaluate how serious it is, I would be comparing it to some serious sub human behaviour.

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

To be honest, apart from some of Gerry’s stuff (I’m not condoning it, but that’s Gerry) I can’t remember anything that’s been downright abusive towards him. He’s been asked some very difficult questions and had his integrity called into question on a number of occasions, but his actions have vindicated that line of questioning.

I’ve made two, possibly three enemies out of this whole scenario and saw one of them the other day alluding to borderline bullying, which I take exception to.

My initial concern was that if the club were going to give an opportunity to a young, aspiring sports journalist/broadcaster, they should be looking within the support for that, and it’s something there is no shortage of. Cammy that’s joining the podcast you’re on for example has only recently completed a Sports Journalism degree and previously reported on youth team games when Jonathan was in charge of the social media output.

But his behaviour, and downright lies, that he’s been pulled up on so many times over the last six months or so, have left him in this position, nothing else. This is a boy that nobody knew of who suddenly appeared claiming to support Morton until the skeletons came out, shat on our doorstep by screwing over one of our own and then cried mental health because of the reaction he got.

I’m sorry, but he’s made his bed, he can lie in it. I know that when we go back to games I’m going to have some unpleasant conversations with a few folk, something I’ll just have to deal with. Likewise, Callum will just have to accept that his actions have resulted in his unpopularity, and he’ll have to take responsibility for them instead of crying about the bully boys who were out to get the poor wee primary school teacher with mental health issues. He treated Ewan Boyle despicably and he knows it.

I’d like to think that he’ll disappear from view now in much the same way that Gordon and Ernie’s absence have made this forum a much more pleasant environment in recent months, but I suspect he’ll find a way to thrust himself into the limelight at some point in the near future.

Until then, I’m delighted that his blocking of myself has cleaned my Twitter feed up of his embarrassing arse kissing of anyone with a remote link to Scottish football and shite about Connah’s Quay Nomads and Chester City in spite of me having never actually followed him. So I owe him that debt of gratitude at least.

Superb post.

Only thing is hes not a teacher anymore, he got emptied.

The only thing I’d disagree with from above is, I don’t think it was all pre-planned - purely because I don’t think he’s smart enough to actually do that. He does not seem to realise the extent to which he’s snaked Eubo though, and as far as I’m aware has never directly apologised for it. MacKinnon has obviously seen at some point that the guys desperate enough to get somewhere in football media that he’ll basically do what Ewan did for free (which is so unbelievably stupid) and has taken advantage of that.

20 hours ago, vikingTON said:

The use of 'our founder' as if we're dealing with a great captain of industry here instead of some wee fan-dan's stupid blog is fantastic.

It's Colonel Sanders, minus the beard.  

*insert signature here*

Archived