Queens v Morton - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens v Morton

Alibi

Source?

I understand players respect and want to play for hoppy.

Players disconnected from supporters on here! Thank the Lord.

I don't think Cadden is unhappy here, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that his form has been so good that he'll surely have other offers in the summer, from clubs with a bigger budget.

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would imagine we will free Millar, McLean, Muirhead, Blues, Ramsbottom and Doolan in the summer at least

Give Cadden a few hundred extra a week and a new 2 year deal now.

Offer Nesbitt something similar too.

Hats off to Hopkin for turning this round, fantastic!

Absolutely brilliant result today.

However I'm not going to get too carried away with the play off push stuff because realistically we could be back in 7th by the time everyone catches up to us on games played.

Even if only Dundee win their 2 games in hand we will be 7 points adrift of 4th.

Due to the 4 draws and teams now taking points off Dundee United I still think we need a result up in inverness followed by a win on Saturday to keep the table looking good.

We have certainly hit form at the right time so I hope we can keep it up

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

The atmosphere under the stand at ht was amazing. Place was bouncing. Superb.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Absolutely brilliant result today.

However I'm not going to get too carried away with the play off push stuff because realistically we could be back in 7th by the time everyone catches up to us on games played.

Even if only Dundee win their 2 games in hand we will be 7 points adrift of 4th.

Due to the 4 draws and teams now taking points off Dundee United I still think we need a result up in inverness followed by a win on Saturday to keep the table looking good.

We have certainly hit form at the right time so I hope we can keep it up

Points on the board are better than games in hand

Plus they are Dundee

Hopkin somehow getting us promoted would (arguably) be a bigger achievement than Livingston’s, and would certainly get it right up me and plenty others that thought he was a total dud. I can’t see any bigger motivation.

I wonder how much of an effect it would have on attendances if we were to make it to the top flight. Since promotion, Ross County have so far had an increase a little over 17% from last season in the Championship. Meanwhile, we’ve seen a drop of almost 17% from last term. If we continue to pick up some good wins I’d hope to see an upturn in the average home gate between now and the end of the season, but still worry we won’t attract the numbers needed if/when promoted to generate the necessary cash to sustain an effort that’s not like Brechin’s when they made the Championship. A few big gates guaranteed by visits from them up the road, and the return of derby days would certainly help. What could we hope for?

Fae the horse's mooth.

Was talkin tae Ian (McCall) tonight.

Tells me he had someone watching Cadden today.

For what it's worth.

I think Cadden is destined for bigger things than League One. Surely he could perform even in the lower Premiership.

EOho8Pw.png

If we had only been able to complete the Sir Gavin addition to our backline in January then we’d now be hacking through Dundee United’s useless points advantage with a machete en route to claiming our inevitable league title at the end of April. Just let that sink in.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

I don't think Cadden is unhappy here, that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that his form has been so good that he'll surely have other offers in the summer, from clubs with a bigger budget.

Cadden is currently able to sign a pre-contract with anyone if offered just now and does not need to wait until the summer.

I am sure Hopkin is currently negotiating with his agent who will be hawking him around to the Falkirks, Particks and Dunfermlines etc

that's how life is in the Championship where most players are on yearly contracts.

What an outstanding performance that was. Cadden obviously the best player on the park by miles and he’s on another level from most players in the division, but everyone played well. Jacobs, Colville and McAlister strolled through the game, with McAlister especially excellent - he’s in his best form since coming back to the club just now. Nesbitt, Strapp & Tumilty all tormented their defence as well, while Orsi was the comfortable winner of his battles with Kilday and Semple.

We’ve maybe just got too much to do to make the top four with other sides having games in hand and the number of draws we’ve had, but that it’s even a realistic possibility at all is testament to how big the turnaround since January has been. It would take a total collapse to relegate us now.

Hopkin said things would improve once he’d had a prolonged time working with the players and the squad got to know each other better; while there are still criticisms to be made of the reasons we’ve dropped points, that’s certainly happened and he deserves credit for it.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I wonder how much of an effect it would have on attendances if we were to make it to the top flight. Since promotion, Ross County have so far had an increase a little over 17% from last season in the Championship. Meanwhile, we’ve seen a drop of almost 17% from last term. If we continue to pick up some good wins I’d hope to see an upturn in the average home gate between now and the end of the season, but still worry we won’t attract the numbers needed if/when promoted to generate the necessary cash to sustain an effort that’s not like Brechin’s when they made the Championship. A few big gates guaranteed by visits from them up the road, and the return of derby days would certainly help. What could we hope for?

Livingston have had home crowds of little more than 1000 at times this season. Never hampers Hamilton either. We'd be absolutely fine if we ever went up. I'd guess the average home crowd would be about 2000 + away fans. Likely average over the 3000 mark for the season.

Archived