Queens v Morton - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Queens v Morton

Alibi

Quote from Twitter - 

Morton have four!

scores a carbon copy of his last goal for Ayr United, which came against Morton. Kilday attempts to clear the ball and smacks McGuffie’s back and the ball floats into the top right corner!

Like Jimmy Boag at Dumbarton in 87.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasing. Excellent response after last Saturday's shambles. Start keeping some clean sheets and we might have something here

Cadden is like Ross Forbes without a caravan to tow behind him. He'll be off the top league in the summer

Been saying it for a few weeks now so not an over-reaction to today's game but I think we'll be finishing in the top 4.

Could we go up?!

Simmer. We’re in a band of teams that are all capable of beating each other on any specific day. We don’t look to be in relegation trouble though, which the team deserve credit for.

Playoffs are certainly achievable now.

Simmer. We’re in a band of teams that are all capable of beating each other on any specific day. We don’t look to be in relegation trouble though, which the team deserve credit for.

Playoffs are certainly achievable now.

Don't ever tell me to simmer again young man.

Aye but Raith and Airdrie shit the bed so a Falkirk loss meant nothing.

It means they don't go top.

Anyway - what a result! Get Cadden signed now FFS.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Been saying it for a few weeks now so not an over-reaction to today's game but I think we'll be finishing in the top 4.

Could we go up?!

Getting promoted with our current budget would be embarrassing, like the 87/88 season all over again

Hopkin somehow getting us promoted would (arguably) be a bigger achievement than Livingston’s, and would certainly get it right up me and plenty others that thought he was a total dud. I can’t see any bigger motivation.

We're not far away from a decent squad (as I've said from pre-season onwards), one or two players away from genuine competitiveness. The achievement of the last week has been to mitigate the weaknesses and accentuate the positives.

The problem is that with Cadden almost surely away, and one or two others doubtless leaving as well, we'll be back to square one this summer.

EOho8Pw.png

We're not far away from a decent squad (as I've said from pre-season onwards), one or two players away from genuine competitiveness. The achievement of the last week has been to mitigate the weaknesses and accentuate the positives.

The problem is that with Cadden almost surely away, and one or two others doubtless leaving as well, we'll be back to square one this summer.

Source?

I understand players respect and want to play for hoppy.

Players disconnected from supporters on here! Thank the Lord.

Would it be an overstatement to say that Cadden is the difference between mid-table mediocrity with an outside chance of making the play-offs, and a relegation dog-fight with Alloa, QoS and Partick?

I don’t think so. You always need a player like that, just a level or two above that can give you the bits of individual quality.

Archived