Koronavirus - Page 4 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Koronavirus

capitanus

What's your point caller? Schools are not effective holding cells for children in the event of epidemic disease; they're in fact the opposite, pumping out hundreds of new cases from a single contagious child in no time at all, ready to be fired around the local community once the bell rings at the end of the day. Literally every single effective approach to management of airborne disease in modern history has started with closing down schools and wringing hands about the childcare burden of parents later.

The only person hopelessly out of their depth when it comes to this discussion - as in many others - is yourself.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's your point caller? Schools are not effective holding cells for children in the event of epidemic disease; they're in fact the opposite, pumping out hundreds of new cases from a single contagious child in no time at all, ready to be fired around the local community once the bell rings at the end of the day. Literally every single effective approach to management of airborne disease in modern history has started with closing down schools and wringing hands about the childcare burden of parents later.

The only person hopelessly out of their depth when it comes to this discussion - as in many others - is yourself.

OK, I'll listen to a wee guy's opinion who's never likely to have weans or be involved with them over colleagues in education who have been consulted on this. You know best.

OK, I'll listen to a wee guy's opinion who's never likely to have weans or be involved with them over colleagues in education who have been consulted on this. You know best.

Literally laughing out loud right now that you went for the vintage 'but you don't huv weans!!!' straw man argument, like an illiterate Facebook maw trying to dish out some sage life advice. It turns out that reproducing doesn't ever stand up to the cold, hard facts established by countless historical case studies of how countries succeed and fail to contain disease outbreaks - all of which are available in the public domain.

Oh and the other part of your contention is simply wrong. Not that the UK's chief medical officers and Boris Johnson are running their serious decision-making past me or whatever no-mark colleagues you're working with. Everyone is simply getting the same message that the government wants to put across, you're not in the privy fucking council.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

This thread just highlights that like everyone out there none of us knows what will happen, what is the best course of action and what will be the end result. We can at least agree on one thing - we all like pointing and laughing at each other.

Literally laughing out loud right now that you went for the vintage 'but you don't huv weans!!!' straw man argument, like an illiterate Facebook maw trying to dish out some sage life advice. It turns out that reproducing doesn't ever stand up to the cold, hard facts established by countless historical case studies of how countries succeed and fail to contain disease outbreaks - all of which are available in the public domain.

Oh and the other part of your contention is simply wrong. Not that the UK's chief medical officers and Boris Johnson are running their serious decision-making past me or whatever no-mark colleagues you're working with. Everyone is simply getting the same message that the government wants to put across, you're not in the privy fucking council.

Thanks for playing anyway champ.

The no mark colleagues would be directors of education at local and government level who have consulted with multiple experts on this but don't let the facts get in the way of your wee rant.

The no mark colleagues would be directors of education at local and government level who have consulted with multiple experts on this but don't let the facts get in the way of your wee rant.

That doesn’t get in the way of anything I’ve said at all: as previously stated, the genuine medical experts as well as the political leadership at Westminster are simply not giving your no-mark colleagues any more - or any more valid - information here than anyone else. The gormless education executives at Inverclyde and other local authorities are so far down the pecking order during a public health emergency that it’s an achievement for them to still get copied into the memo. None of them are shaping policy decisions though.

And when either the Westminster or Scottish Government inevitably changes its tune about the wisdom of keeping schools open in the near future I bet that your mates will all suddenly change tack on the matter as well. So much for their laughable independent expertise then.

That doesn’t get in the way of anything I’ve said at all: as previously stated, the genuine medical experts as well as the political leadership at Westminster are simply not giving your no-mark colleagues any more - or any more valid - information here than anyone else. The gormless education executives at Inverclyde and other local authorities are so far down the pecking order during a public health emergency that it’s an achievement for them to still get copied into the memo. None of them are shaping policy decisions though.

And when either the Westminster or Scottish Government inevitably changes its tune about the wisdom of keeping schools open in the near future I bet that your mates will all suddenly change tack on the matter as well. So much for their laughable independent expertise then.

Actually, it gets in the way because I work for the Scottish Government so my colleagues are decision makers and have had input on strategies.

The Scottish Government has over 6,000 FTE employees champ, you’re still not in in the loop on Nicola Sturgeon’s decision-making.

Although feel free to use your contacts to give us advance notice of when exactly the government will reverse ferret on its ridiculous ‘schools open’ policy.

The Scottish Government has over 6,000 FTE employees champ, you’re really not in in the loop on Nichola’s decision-making.

Although feel free to use your contacts to give us advance notice of when exactly the government will reverse ferret on its ridiculous ‘schools open’ policy.

Who do you think you are?

You’ve got a second class honours degree in media studies from Loughborough University.

Meanwhile, back in sanityland, European states like Slovakia (confirmed cases: 30) and the Czech Republic (117) are following up their school closures with closing their borders to all but permanent residents.

Obviously these countries don’t have access to their own public health experts, so hopefully a director of education at some Scottish local authority can Skype in to tell them why their policies are wrong and why the UK government (current cases rising 25% per day; officially 798; estimated 10,000) has got it pegged by asking Montrose to not host a football match and doing next to nothing else.

The Scottish Government has over 6,000 FTE employees champ, you’re really not in in the loop on Nichola’s decision-making.

OK. Great point.

Sturgeon’s still peddling the line about banning mass gatherings to relieve the pressure on emergency services. I acknowledge the point there, but I find it bizarre that that’s the reason being given with no mention of it’s quite fuckin blatantly obviously the sensible and correct thing to do to help reduce the spread of the virus.

There seems to be no mention at all of social distancing etc, which is just bonkers.

AWMSC

Sturgeon’s still peddling the line about banning mass gatherings to relieve the pressure on emergency services. I acknowledge the point there, but I find it bizarre that that’s the reason being given with no mention of it’s quite fuckin blatantly obviously the sensible and correct thing to do to help reduce the spread of the virus.

There seems to be no mention at all of social distancing etc, which is just bonkers.

If it is so obvious, why is it the UK experts say there is more likelihood of transmission in small rather than large gathering?

Archived