Sign in to follow this  
capitanus

Koronavirus

4 hours ago, HamCam said:

Not sure I get the reference to being fascinated by experts. Most people I know listen to experts even if they do not always agree with the outcome. In terms of Trumps base, I was merely implying that he has a much more defined core support than exists for say Sleepy Joe and regardless of what the man says or does he gets their vote hence I suspect the upcoming election will be much closer than the polls currently suggest - I confess I would not be surprised if Trump won on the day.

You're wrong, though - it's Trump's core support that's wavering, and he's (slightly) overperforming with some non-traditional members of the populist coalition, namely the suburbanites who fled to the Democrats in the mid/late 2000s in purple states. Note that I'm saying he's overperforming, not performing better. That is, while he will (for example) lose California and win Texas, I expect his baseline results with the relevant demographics to reverse (that is, he'll do worse in Tarrant County TX than he did last time, and better in San Bernardino County, CA.)

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Clearly you are much better placed to comment on what is happening politically in the USA. I confess my take on it is influenced by what I have watched and read which has not been suggesting much. movement in the base. It will be an interesting watch especially the scheduled interviews between the two candidates as I sense this will be Trumps best opportunity to get under Bidens' skin.

9 minutes ago, pink_panther said:

Ceptic and Aberdeen games off

Going by her wording of it, I’d also think St. Mirren v Celtic and Aberdeen v Hamilton are both off tomorrow, too.

Although why the Aberdeen v Hamilton game wasn’t called off before Bolingoli’s wee trip came to light I don’t know.

Premiership players are making an absolute cunt of this. It wouldn't surprise me if the league ended up getting suspended or something similar, and we cannot have any complaints about it. Either the clubs have failed to inform the players of their specific requirements, or (more likely) the players have ignored them. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

There's absolutely no valid basis on which to cancel a football season because some players went to a pub. Where there are genuine local outbreaks of the virus (whether that includes clubs or not), the games should be postponed. The rest is just pointless grandstanding.

Absolutely loving all the mock outrage about how irresponsible and dangerous footballers' actions are being the chief government topic of discussion on the very same day that they fire tens of thousands of grotty weans indoors all week on the solid public health grounds that 'ach at least they won't get it too badly anyway' - all with the full backing of tens of thousands of parents who just want their state childcare back until Christmas.  

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are