Koronavirus - Page 14 - General Nonsense - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Koronavirus

capitanus

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

Normally I'd look at a picture like that and say "that's purely down to the use of a telephoto lens", but I've seen phone videos of people ridiculously close together. The photos do make it look worse than it is, but it's still completely excessive.

EOho8Pw.png

In the past five days I've covered probably 300 miles of North Texas and not seen any of this. What I will say is that mask-wearing seems far less prevalent in the rural areas than in the cities, and slightly less prevalent in the suburbs than in the cities. For the most part, it's being well-observed.

The "response" in most of the US has been utterly disgraceful, and this is in large part because - like virtually everything else - masks became a political symbol almost from the get-go.

I am a galaxy brain who's been wearing masks on planes for literally years, so I was doing it before it was cool.

EOho8Pw.png

14 hours ago, TRVMP said:

In the past five days I've covered probably 300 miles of North Texas and not seen any of this. What I will say is that mask-wearing seems far less prevalent in the rural areas than in the cities, and slightly less prevalent in the suburbs than in the cities. For the most part, it's being well-observed.

The "response" in most of the US has been utterly disgraceful, and this is in large part because - like virtually everything else - masks became a political symbol almost from the get-go.

I am a galaxy brain who's been wearing masks on planes for literally years, so I was doing it before it was cool.

Don't think many countries can claim to have handled this particularly well, some exceptions may be Germany, South Korea, New Zealand, and dare I say it, Scotland. But England, US and Brazil in particular seem to have made quite a spectacular Roger Hunt if it, due in a large part I believe because their respective right-wing leaders are  putting the economy before lives.

58 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Don't think many countries can claim to have handled this particularly well, some exceptions may be Germany, South Korea, New Zealand, and dare I say it, Scotland. But England, US and Brazil in particular seem to have made quite a spectacular Roger Hunt if it, due in a large part I believe because their respective right-wing leaders are  putting the economy before lives.

Scotland would have probably done much better if we hadn't been shackled to the shambolic mess south of the nonexistent border.

55 minutes ago, Cet Homme Charmant said:

Scotland has been more consistent in its messaging and cautious in unlocking lockdown but that aside, the powers that be, have made the same mistakes as the UK government in handling Covid-19. 

TRVMP, do you think your namesake's handling of the crisis will materially impact on the election later in the year? From a distance and even allowing for media bias, the Donald appears to have mishandled Covid-19.

55 minutes ago, HamCam said:

Scotland has been more consistent in its messaging and cautious in unlocking lockdown but that aside, the powers that be, have made the same mistakes as the UK government in handling Covid-19. 

TRVMP, do you think your namesake's handling of the crisis will materially impact on the election later in the year? From a distance and even allowing for media bias, the Donald appears to have mishandled Covid-19.

It's true that the Scottish government were slow of the mark as well, but since then I think they've dealt with it pretty well. Maybe that only appears to be the case because I'm comparing it to the clusterfuck south of the border

We have equal opportunity stupidity, though. The far-left leaders of places like San Francisco encouraged protesting after the killing of George Floyd, and many of these protests devolved into rioting and looting, where distance was not a concern. Now SF, despite having stringent distancing laws on the books, is seeing a predictable two-week lag spike. 

EOho8Pw.png

1 hour ago, TRVMP said:

We have equal opportunity stupidity, though. The far-left leaders of places like San Francisco encouraged protesting after the killing of George Floyd, and many of these protests devolved into rioting and looting, where distance was not a concern. Now SF, despite having stringent distancing laws on the books, is seeing a predictable two-week lag spike. 

Is there really such a thing as the 'far-left' in mainstream politics in the US though? Strikes me that far-right and centre-right are the only two real options.

Archived