Sportsman’s Dinner - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Sportsman’s Dinner

vikingTON

https://www.mctsportsdinner.co.uk/lite-ui/?controller=tickets

This type of event is normally in the ‘not for me Jeff’ category anyway, but I see that we’ve really doubled down on the ‘fitba da’ target audience this time round. Presumably all the great captains of journalism like Gordon Parks and the Poundland Pulitzer at the Tele were too busy washing their hair that night, which is why Des ‘Gormless’ McKeown eventually got the nod.

Cue hours of Hovis-themed anecdotes from ‘Roughie and Andy’ about that week in December when Morton were top of the league, and bottomless, mealy mouthed platitudes all round about what a sleeping giant we are right now.

VT viewer verdict: worse than an evening with Eddie Cairney.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

MCT Sporting Dinner 2020 When: Saturday 4th April 2020 6pm for 6.30pm Location: Greenock Town Hall Description: Morton Club Together Sports Dinner in support of Morton Youth Academy and MCT

Hosted by Peter Martin with guests Alan Rough and Andy Ritchie to discuss "that free kick"

Main Speaker Des McKeown

3 course meal with tea and coffee.

Tea and coffee! Tea and coffee!

You robot!

EOho8Pw.png

https://www.mctsportsdinner.co.uk/lite-ui/?controller=tickets

This type of event is normally in the ‘not for me Jeff’ category anyway, but I see that we’ve really doubled down on the ‘fitba da’ target audience this time round. Presumably all the great captains of journalism like Gordon Parks and the Poundland Pulitzer at the Tele were too busy washing their hair that night, which is why Des ‘Gormless’ McKeown eventually got the nod.

Cue hours of Hovis-themed anecdotes from ‘Roughie and Andy’ about that week in December when Morton were top of the league, and bottomless, mealy mouthed platitudes all round about what a sleeping giant we are right now.

VT viewer verdict: worse than an evening with Eddie Cairney.

Tea and coffee! Tea and coffee!

You robot!

Andy Ritchie is my absolute Morton hero but VT's spot on here, better nights are to be had at home with toothache.

Greenies all round, Gentlemen.

As you were.

*insert signature here*

This whole Ritchie thing is actually embarrassing now. I don't want to have a go at the guy as such, but ultimately he had a very limited career and is very far from a witty raconteur. He's neither got stories nor a personality, yet at every fuckin opportunity he's wheeled out to a big fanfare as if we should all be surprised and awed about it.

AWMSC

Archived