Douglas Rae - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Douglas Rae

HamCam

Your such a pathetic little boy..... The statement I made came straight from the horses mouth and had nothing to do with the Gamble Hall meeting. I'll say it again Crawford Rae put pressure on his father not to clear off all the debt.

Crawford's or DDFs?

EOho8Pw.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawford Rae said in front of about 200 witnesses at the Gamble Halls that night and I quote " If a buyer could be found he was willing to write of the 2.5 million debt so that would not be a problem. Although he did not say how much he was looking for the club.

Crawford Rae said in front of about 200 witnesses at the Gamble Halls that night and I quote " If a buyer could be found he was willing to write of the 2.5 million debt so that would not be a problem. Although he did not say how much he was looking for the club.

Would you take 2,499,999 pounds?

EOho8Pw.png

Your such a pathetic little boy..... The statement I made came straight from the horses mouth and had nothing to do with the Gamble Hall meeting. I'll say it again Crawford Rae put pressure on his father not to clear off all the debt.

lol wut

Whose 'horse's mouth' would this be champ? Did Dougie have a secret trigger word that he uttered to flunkies like yourself whenever his big, bad boy was supposedly bullying him in this manner?

Unless you're also claiming that Crawford Rae somehow forged the will - and some job he must have done of that, given that it has put in a corner to play with a keyboard and pretend that he's a real chairman - then all this 'pressure' is just weasel words to deflect final blame from your anointed saviour figure. It was Douglas Rae who decided to stop issuing shares in the club from the mid 2000s and instead saddle with it massive IOU bills for the dung squads and managers that he picked. It was also Douglas Rae who decided  to never write those debts off, seeing as he was the run calling the shots at the parent company as well. It was also Douglas Rae as a legally responsible actor who decided to leave his final collected assets with insufficient care being taken for the future of the club, which as a result resembles a clapped-out banger that the extended family are now to trying to pass off to each other.

Given that fifteen year record of making decisions that were far from in the long term interests of the football club - and some of which were designed only to secure GC's hold over the club ever more tightly - then no sane observer should buy into this bullshit line that the debt would have been suddenly written off if only Douglas Rae had his way in the end.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Yeah, the notion that big bad Crawford was standing in the way of Dougie's benevolence and the club would be debt free if only it wasn’t for Crawford doing everything in his power to stop Dougie writing it off is risible, and contradicts all the evidence we have.

Regardless of whether anyone thinks it was a good or bad thing, Douglas Rae's tenure as Chairman was marked by a refusal to compromise or share power with anyone else. Whether you think it was necessary and a sign of his benevolence, or unnecessary and evidence of incompetence, that debt was run up, continued to grow and was not written off in those circumstances on Dougie Rae's watch.

The idea that Dougie suddenly decided to entirely write it off having allowed it to accumulate and done nothing to stop it for 15 years, then only didn't because he was talked out of it by people whose advice he'd ignored in that same period of time makes absolutely no sense. As little sense as the notion that Crawford Rae has no interest in Morton and wants rid of the club as soon as possible, but simultaneously opposed an action by his father that would mean Golden Casket and he personally would be saddled with the club with no realistic prospect of washing his hands of it.

This isn't a defence of Crawford Rae and I'm someone who's been saying for longer than a lot of people that it's past time for the Raes to be out of the club, but a lot of the criticisms aimed at him on here to furiously deflect from any point that's less than 100% glowing than about his father's legacy are directly contradictory.

Take another of 9 Strathblane Crescent's points in the last couple of days, that MCT is not in fact the route to clearing the debt because Crawford had previously said the debt would be cleared if an offer was received. This ties into the narrative that MCT is a sham to let the Raes off the hook and have fans covering costs on their behalf while getting them no closer to relinquishing control of the club.

If we run with this narrative that Crawford Rae is a nefarious genius who saw through a villainous plan to stop his inheritance being reduced and is now on the second part of the scheme, which is apparently to keep control of the club while simultaneously having no interest in keeping control of it, what's the safer route to getting the club debt free and out of his hands exactly? Take the supposed evil genius at his word and believe the debt will written off at some unidentified point in the future because he said so, meaning in the interim he has a debt he can call in whenever he wants and liquidate the club since he doesn't care about it, or follow the terms of the actual agreement he's made to write it off which is already in place and has already seen £500K written off? If he's so untrustworthy that the latter is some kind of scam, why on earth should we trust his word on the former?

I believe this club has been horrifically mismanaged and stagnated as a result. I believe the club could have been breaking even 17 years ago and made it to the second tier without a penny of debt with competent management, and that we shouldn't ever have been allowed to get to where we are now. Crawford Rae has been on the board through this period of failure, mismanagement and managed decline so bears responsibility for it, and as a result I feel neither he nor anyone else from Golden Casket can be trusted with the club's future. That would be the case even if he was interested in hanging around, which all the evidence suggests he isn't.

This idea that he's some sort of moustache twirling villain undoing his father's good intentions though is utter bollocks. He's someone who's been landed with something he can't be arsed with and is looking for a way out, which has given us an opportunity to force that change ourselves.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

lol wut

Whose 'horse's mouth' would this be champ? Did Dougie have a secret trigger word that he uttered to flunkies like yourself whenever his big, bad boy was supposedly bullying him in this manner?

Unless you're also claiming that Crawford Rae somehow forged the will - and some job he must have done of that, given that it has put in a corner to play with a keyboard and pretend that he's a real chairman - then all this 'pressure' is just weasel words to deflect final blame from your anointed saviour figure. It was Douglas Rae who decided to stop issuing shares in the club from the mid 2000s and instead saddle with it massive IOU bills for the dung squads and managers that he picked. It was also Douglas Rae who decided  to never write those debts off, seeing as he was the run calling the shots at the parent company as well. It was also Douglas Rae as a legally responsible actor who decided to leave his final collected assets with insufficient care being taken for the future of the club, which as a result resembles a clapped-out banger that the extended family are now to trying to pass off to each other.

Given that fifteen year record of making decisions that were far from in the long term interests of the football club - and some of which were designed only to secure GC's hold over the club ever more tightly - then no sane observer should buy into this bullshit line that the debt would have been suddenly written off if only Douglas Rae had his way in the end.

Nice of you to reply son and give us all the benefit of your perceived wisdom, but it doesn't change the facts that Crawford Rae persuaded his father not to write off all the debt.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Yeah, the notion that big bad Crawford was standing in the way of Dougie's benevolence and the club would be debt free if only it wasn’t for Crawford doing everything in his power to stop Dougie writing it off is risible, and contradicts all the evidence we have.

Regardless of whether anyone thinks it was a good or bad thing, Douglas Rae's tenure as Chairman was marked by a refusal to compromise or share power with anyone else. Whether you think it was necessary and a sign of his benevolence, or unnecessary and evidence of incompetence, that debt was run up, continued to grow and was not written off in those circumstances on Dougie Rae's watch.

The idea that Dougie suddenly decided to entirely write it off having allowed it to accumulate and done nothing to stop it for 15 years, then only didn't because he was talked out of it by people whose advice he'd ignored in that same period of time makes absolutely no sense. As little sense as the notion that Crawford Rae has no interest in Morton and wants rid of the club as soon as possible, but simultaneously opposed an action by his father that would mean Golden Casket and he personally would be saddled with the club with no realistic prospect of washing his hands of it.

This isn't a defence of Crawford Rae and I'm someone who's been saying for longer than a lot of people that it's past time for the Raes to be out of the club, but a lot of the criticisms aimed at him on here to furiously deflect from any point that's less than 100% glowing than about his father's legacy are directly contradictory.

Take another of 9 Strathblane Crescent's points in the last couple of days, that MCT is not in fact the route to clearing the debt because Crawford had previously said the debt would be cleared if an offer was received. This ties into the narrative that MCT is a sham to let the Raes off the hook and have fans covering costs on their behalf while getting them no closer to relinquishing control of the club.

If we run with this narrative that Crawford Rae is a nefarious genius who saw through a villainous plan to stop his inheritance being reduced and is now on the second part of the scheme, which is apparently to keep control of the club while simultaneously having no interest in keeping control of it, what's the safer route to getting the club debt free and out of his hands exactly? Take the supposed evil genius at his word and believe the debt will written off at some unidentified point in the future because he said so, meaning in the interim he has a debt he can call in whenever he wants and liquidate the club since he doesn't care about it, or follow the terms of the actual agreement he's made to write it off which is already in place and has already seen £500K written off? If he's so untrustworthy that the latter is some kind of scam, why on earth should we trust his word on the former?

I believe this club has been horrifically mismanaged and stagnated as a result. I believe the club could have been breaking even 17 years ago and made it to the second tier without a penny of debt with competent management, and that we shouldn't ever have been allowed to get to where we are now. Crawford Rae has been on the board through this period of failure, mismanagement and managed decline so bears responsibility for it, and as a result I feel neither he nor anyone else from Golden Casket can be trusted with the club's future. That would be the case even if he was interested in hanging around, which all the evidence suggests he isn't.

This idea that he's some sort of moustache twirling villain undoing his father's good intentions though is utter bollocks. He's someone who's been landed with something he can't be arsed with and is looking for a way out, which has given us an opportunity to force that change ourselves.

You can make whatever assumptions you like and take whatever meaning you want from anything I have posted. But it doesn't change the fact that Crawford Rae persuaded his father not to write off all the debt.  

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Nice of you to reply son and give us all the benefit of your perceived wisdom, but it doesn't change the facts that Crawford Rae persuaded his father not to write off all the debt.

You can make whatever assumptions you like and take whatever meaning you want from anything I have posted. But it doesn't change the fact that Crawford Rae persuaded his father not to write off all the debt.

Who are you?

Any chance you can help save on the bandwidth and just reply once to the same post with both points?

We're already considering reinstating Bollockhead just to cover the cost of Dunning1874's novel. Either that or a can I appeal to some kind folk to hit their refresh button a few times.

Thanks.

*insert signature here*

Facts are statements that can be corroborated with undeniable and overwhelming evidence: of which you have none whatsoever.

Thanks for playing anyway.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Facts are statements that can be corroborated with undeniable and overwhelming evidence: of which you have none whatsoever.

Thanks for playing anyway.

Ah your wrong again champ. I wasn't the only one present when the statement was made. There are others who can corroborate what I have said although I'm not sure if they read this messageboard.

So you have no supporting evidence then.

Ah your wrong again champ. I wasn't the only one present when the statement was made. There are others who can corroborate what I have said although I'm not sure if they read this messageboard.

If you revealed who you were people may give your statement more credence.

"CORNBEEF IS A BELLEND"

So you have no supporting evidence then.

If you revealed who you were people may give your statement more credence.

If they want to stick their heads above the parapet then that's entirely up to them.

^^^ shitebag found

Does it matter who said it?

It matters whether or not it was one of those two. If it didn't matter, you wouldn't have specified that it was. So can you confirm that it was one of those two who said it? You don't have to say which it was - just that it was either Crawford or DDF who said that the former pressured the latter not to clear all of the debt.

EOho8Pw.png

Archived