Sign in to follow this  
74GMFC

The Morton weekly podcast

That just looks proper amateurish from the club. We’ve got a local Celtic fan and Kevin Keegan as the intro for our official content? I can’t really work that one out tbh.

You won't find much disagreement here but it wouldn't be Morton if it was anything different. That young guy has somehow managed to hijack the club for his own ends, the very same club he was berating on here a couple of months back for not being supportive of whatever he was doing.

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

Surely someone should quality check the stuff we put out? A month or two ago, his face randomly appeared in another interview, absolute tinpot which is a shame as the actual interview content is the best it's ever been.

• Upvote 1

All in with a Doyle Brunson

The club is on autopilot. Same as it ever was. I don't blame the guy, I blame the club for outsourcing this vital piece of club strategy and then ignoring it.

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

Surely someone should quality check the stuff we put out?

They're on furlough, so couldn't even if they wanted to.

What have we done in this period to generate income during this period? MacKinnon came on board and was given a simple mantra - breaking even. We should be attempting to maximise revenue, and more importantly cash flow, during this period. Our failure to do so is completely unacceptable. 

Yeah, the silence from the club is getting worrying. No one's expecting them to share details of their budget in public, but there's no indication of anything being done to generate income just now.

We've now got confirmation that furlough will start being rolled back from August, with employers being required to make NI & pension contributions again then start picking up 10% of wages in September. We don't know yet when our season will start or when we'll have fans at games, but we know we have players under contract and there's inevitably going to be a period where we have to pick up their wages without gate receipts even while furloughed, and there'll also be a point where they're being taken off furlough for pre-season training and need to be paid in full.

We could also be at a huge disadvantage if the clubs who have been generating revenue have built up the funds to make signings as soon as they know when their season's starting, whereas we might be leaving the likes of Cadden hanging not knowing if we can afford to renew his contract or not.

We really need some indication of what's going on. You'd assume the board are meeting regularly to discuss their contingency plans for various different levels of revenue based on when fans are at games. With that in mind I respect the club maybe don't want to say anything about season tickets until they know how many games we'll get on them, but they're at the point now where they need to be telling us how they plan to generate revenue.

When's the new kit being launched? Are we releasing players when contracts expire in less than two weeks? Are we planning to build a squad entirely from the £25K raised by MCT during the lockdown? Has the club actually made contingency plans or are they just plodding on without adjusting budgets and hoping for the best, failing to appreciate the severity of this situation? An update would be nice.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Yeah, the silence from the club is getting worrying. No one's expecting them to share details of their budget in public, but there's no indication of anything being done to generate income just now.

We've now got confirmation that furlough will start being rolled back from August, with employers being required to make NI & pension contributions again then start picking up 10% of wages in September. We don't know yet when our season will start or when we'll have fans at games, but we know we have players under contract and there's inevitably going to be a period where we have to pick up their wages without gate receipts even while furloughed, and there'll also be a point where they're being taken off furlough for pre-season training and need to be paid in full.

We could also be at a huge disadvantage if the clubs who have been generating revenue have built up the funds to make signings as soon as they know when their season's starting, whereas we might be leaving the likes of Cadden hanging not knowing if we can afford to renew his contract or not.

We really need some indication of what's going on. You'd assume the board are meeting regularly to discuss their contingency plans for various different levels of revenue based on when fans are at games. With that in mind I respect the club maybe don't want to say anything about season tickets until they know how many games we'll get on them, but they're at the point now where they need to be telling us how they plan to generate revenue.

When's the new kit being launched? Are we releasing players when contracts expire in less than two weeks? Are we planning to build a squad entirely from the £25K raised by MCT during the lockdown? Has the club actually made contingency plans or are they just plodding on without adjusting budgets and hoping for the best, failing to appreciate the severity of this situation? An update would be nice.

I emailed mackinnon yesterday to ask if there would be a streaming option if games come back behind closed doors and he got back to me within half an hour which is unheard of in my time supporting Morton.

He replied with the following:

" We have been working behind the scenes on developing a new website and streaming service for live games and exclusive content.

We are ready to go with these new platforms as soon as the season start is confirmed.

We believe that the Championship may start, subject to Government and medical advice, 6 weeks after the Premiership, possibly October.

We will incorporate a streaming package for season ticket holders and subscribers.

It is also anticipated that a % of capacity will be allowed in a couple if months after start.

We will update the fans once we get confirmation of start. "

Maybe this information should have been communicated to all fans earlier, but with the season over I can imagine they want to wait until the details for the new season are announced before detailing their plans for it.

Rather than the club being secretive and closed off to fans as they have been in previous regimes, I'll stick up for Mackinnon this time as not for the first time he's shown himself to be transparent and willing to engage with fans.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

I emailed mackinnon yesterday to ask if there would be a streaming option if games come back behind closed doors and he got back to me within half an hour which is unheard of in my time supporting Morton.

He replied with the following:

" We have been working behind the scenes on developing a new website and streaming service for live games and exclusive content.

We are ready to go with these new platforms as soon as the season start is confirmed.

We believe that the Championship may start, subject to Government and medical advice, 6 weeks after the Premiership, possibly October.

We will incorporate a streaming package for season ticket holders and subscribers.

It is also anticipated that a % of capacity will be allowed in a couple if months after start.

We will update the fans once we get confirmation of start. "

Maybe this information should have been communicated to all fans earlier, but with the season over I can imagine they want to wait until the details for the new season are announced before detailing their plans for it.

Rather than the club being secretive and closed off to fans as they have been in previous regimes, I'll stick up for Mackinnon this time as not for the first time he's shown himself to be transparent and willing to engage with fans.

All that’s well and good, and certainly in my experiences of meeting him I’d agree, he’s open and willing to discuss his plans.

But none of this is communicated until you go asking yourself for the information. If he’s working on projects such as this (and they sound encouraging) why isn’t he shouting from the rooftops about it and letting us know this before we start asking questions? If it’s at an early stage and might not come off he’s as well not telling you until he’s more confident that it will, but if he’s at the stage that he can tell fans that ask, the information should be out in the public domain already.

There’s a big difference between being secretive and just not mentioning things that could show the club in a positive light.

• Upvote 2

All that’s well and good, and certainly in my experiences of meeting him I’d agree, he’s open and willing to discuss his plans.

But none of this is communicated until you go asking yourself for the information. If he’s working on projects such as this (and they sound encouraging) why isn’t he shouting from the rooftops about it and letting us know this before we start asking questions? If it’s at an early stage and might not come off he’s as well not telling you until he’s more confident that it will, but if he’s at the stage that he can tell fans that ask, the information should be out in the public domain already.

There’s a big difference between being secretive and just not mentioning things that could show the club in a positive light.

I'm not saying I disagree completely with what you're saying, but given the choice between the club doing nothing during this time off or the club making what seems to be promising developments to deal with the return of football which havent been communicated to fans as early as we would hope, then I can live with the latter.

• Downvote 1

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

The club is being run like a private members’ club with info on a need-to-know basis. The website is rarely updated and the social media channels have been hijacked. Other clubs have been innovative with their online platforms during the downtime and have engaged with their fans, while we've just handed the keys over to the work Geordie.

Other clubs have been innovative with their online platforms during the downtime and have engaged with their fans, while we've just handed the keys over to the work Geordie.

No, thankfully he fucked off 12 months ago.

• Upvote 2

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

MacKinnon having a virtual queue of fans and emailing them one at a time is certainly more efficient than using something like a "website" or a "Twitter" account to communicate to them all in one go.

Being responsive is one thing but giving out non-secret information on a one-to-one basis seems like a terrible use of time for which he's being paid quite nicely.

• Upvote 1

Now before Gavin goes, I'd like to ask him one more question.

Do you like Abba?

No point in starting a new thread about it, and some will have seen it on Twitter already, but a mate of mine’s wife got in touch for his 40th birthday asking if I could help her out in getting a video of some players wishing him a happy birthday.

I asked Brendan if he could help out and he got Chris Millar, Danny Rogers, Lewis Strapp, Aidan Nesbitt, Bob McHugh and Jim McAlister to record happy birthday messages and compiled them for me to send on to his wife.

None of them had to do this of course, but for Brendan and the players to help us out was really good of them and much appreciated.

My mate was of course delighted with his message, but more importantly so was his missus. He knows Morton’s good points and their failings, she only saw good from the help Brendan gave us when he really didn’t have to. The lad’s a credit to the club.

Good on you helping your mate’s wife, credit to the players for sending in their videos and 100% agree Re: Brendan - he’s a great young lad, all the time in the day for him.

• Upvote 2

The club Twitter account has gone decidedly quiet in the last fortnight or so. Has the 'volunteer' quietly chucked it? 

• Upvote 1

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

He left quite a while ago now, just been DM running things.

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, Alan_Partridge_Ton said:

I like the new form look. 

It’s the same as Rangers Media, where I also have an account.

Password reminder:

How many funnels has the Waverley? 

• Upvote 1

You know I hate every pop star that I ever met.

17 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Every Morton fan's best pal has been getting a wee skelping on Twitter this morning again

image.png

Seems to be deleted now and he has quote retweeted the Stenny post without the stream of self promotion, like it should have been done in the first place had the motive actually been about just praising Stenny.

22 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Every Morton fan's best pal has been getting a wee skelping on Twitter this morning again

image.png

He got bodied in the replies too. 

Screenshot_20200706_113520.jpg

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!