The Morton weekly podcast - Page 14 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

The club is being run like a private members’ club with info on a need-to-know basis. The website is rarely updated and the social media channels have been hijacked. Other clubs have been innovative with their online platforms during the downtime and have engaged with their fans, while we've just handed the keys over to the work Geordie.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Other clubs have been innovative with their online platforms during the downtime and have engaged with their fans, while we've just handed the keys over to the work Geordie.

No, thankfully he fucked off 12 months ago.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

MacKinnon having a virtual queue of fans and emailing them one at a time is certainly more efficient than using something like a "website" or a "Twitter" account to communicate to them all in one go.

Being responsive is one thing but giving out non-secret information on a one-to-one basis seems like a terrible use of time for which he's being paid quite nicely.

EOho8Pw.png

• 2 weeks later...

No point in starting a new thread about it, and some will have seen it on Twitter already, but a mate of mine’s wife got in touch for his 40th birthday asking if I could help her out in getting a video of some players wishing him a happy birthday.

I asked Brendan if he could help out and he got Chris Millar, Danny Rogers, Lewis Strapp, Aidan Nesbitt, Bob McHugh and Jim McAlister to record happy birthday messages and compiled them for me to send on to his wife.

None of them had to do this of course, but for Brendan and the players to help us out was really good of them and much appreciated.

My mate was of course delighted with his message, but more importantly so was his missus. He knows Morton’s good points and their failings, she only saw good from the help Brendan gave us when he really didn’t have to. The lad’s a credit to the club.

No point in starting a new thread about it, and some will have seen it on Twitter already, but a mate of mine’s wife got in touch for his 40th birthday asking if I could help her out in getting a video of some players wishing him a happy birthday.

I asked Brendan if he could help out and he got Chris Millar, Danny Rogers, Lewis Strapp, Aidan Nesbitt, Bob McHugh and Jim McAlister to record happy birthday messages and compiled them for me to send on to his wife.

None of them had to do this of course, but for Brendan and the players to help us out was really good of them and much appreciated.

My mate was of course delighted with his message, but more importantly so was his missus. He knows Morton’s good points and their failings, she only saw good from the help Brendan gave us when he really didn’t have to. The lad’s a credit to the club.

Good on you helping your mate’s wife, credit to the players for sending in their videos and 100% agree Re: Brendan - he’s a great young lad, all the time in the day for him.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

The club Twitter account has gone decidedly quiet in the last fortnight or so. Has the 'volunteer' quietly chucked it? 

18 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

He left quite a while ago now, just been DM running things.

Well done to everyone who contributed, give yourselves a pat on the back.

This was the only way it could really go, to be honest I'm surprised it rumbled on for this long. The whole 'I'm spending my free time volunteering to help out my poor wee local club, despite the fact I don't even support them, how good a guy am I!?' act was never going to wash. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

On 6/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, Alan_Partridge_Ton said:

I like the new form look. 

It’s the same as Rangers Media, where I also have an account.

Password reminder:

How many funnels has the Waverley? 

*insert signature here*

17 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Every Morton fan's best pal has been getting a wee skelping on Twitter this morning again

image.png

Seems to be deleted now and he has quote retweeted the Stenny post without the stream of self promotion, like it should have been done in the first place had the motive actually been about just praising Stenny.

22 minutes ago, EdinTon said:

Every Morton fan's best pal has been getting a wee skelping on Twitter this morning again

image.png

He got bodied in the replies too. 

Screenshot_20200706_113520.jpg

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

It's genuinely a shame to see how social media affects some people. He's getting these wee dopamine hits from watching the like and retweet numbers go up, and that's leading to him contriving endless new ways to chase virtual ambulances.

EOho8Pw.png

35 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Don't really get the relevance or point of the first part of that tweet.

It’s about Callum. It’s always about Callum. He doesn’t have to be relevant to a story to make it all about himself.

Archived