The Morton weekly podcast - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

The Morton weekly podcast

74GMFC

You could have Geoff Shreeves asking the questions and they’d still be the same- that’s how club media works, at every other club as well as Morton. It’s designed to show the club in the best possible light, not put folk under scrutiny in front of a public audience.

Yep, this is true as well. If this geezer puts his microphone on the table in front of Hopkin and MacKinnon and opens with a refined version of "what the fuck are yous two playing at" and takes it from there then fair enough, but we could run a rent-a-quote bingo on any interview featuring anybody from the club regardless of who it's with, which means there's no point in bringing in external parties.

AWMSC

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So who’s the “asking the right questions” jibe at? The current incumbent?

You could have Geoff Shreeves asking the questions and they’d still be the same- that’s how club media works, at every other club as well as Morton. It’s designed to show the club in the best possible light, not put folk under scrutiny in front of a public audience.

The equipment isn’t his fault either, it’s the responsibility of the club. Pretty sure Hopkin isn’t expected to bring his attention own cones and footballs to training every morning.

It should, in theory, be easier for this podcast to ask more difficult questions than Ewan - who is paid directly by the club.

Again, the equipment, the sound bites, the handing it off to another person- that's all the fault of a club who doesn't take fan engagement seriously and has no media strategy.

I'm just hoping that with this new content we might have something worth listening to.

I've just watched the interviews with Hopkin and McAlister. They're very good, well produced and the sound is much better. If we can produce that standard consistently and get a sponsor on board then we'll be on the right track. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

I've just listened to the podcast. Wake's affinity for Morton is clear and he makes it clear that he didn't want to leave but Grady wanted him out of the team. He also said he's never been approached for the Morton job but he'd be interested. 

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Huge fan of MacKinnon taking thinly veiled shots at Warren Hawke by mentioning that the club have a note of the dates we need to offer players contracts by to ensure we get the compensation we’re entitled to.

Between that and Hopkin’s comments on Tidser, which seemed to more or less amount to ‘he can fuck off if he thinks he can come crawling back now after turning us down in the summer’, I’m fully on board with this approach to podcasting. Have them pour scorn on a hate figure from recent years every show.

Do James Grady next, now we’ve got confirmation Wake wanted to stay but was forced out.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

I hope today’s podcast have shown that I am serious about working alongside the club to improve fan engagement and that despite initial criticism of myself that I do know my stuff on Morton and have a long held passion for the club. I know there are some who will never accept me or my content which is fair enough, I get it but hopefully they’ll give it a chance. 🔵⚪️

How many different podcasts are there now? I looked on one and it had a review of the St Mirren v Aberdeen game. Is Tontalk, or whatever it was called now defunct?

I run a podcast of the SPFL across all levels hence the other content I have but hopefully this stand alone Morton content from me and the club can reach fans directly. Ton Talk is very much still on the go and John Sutton joins Ewan on that this week 👍

What was the point in asking Wake about Michael Tidser considering they never actually played together at Morton?

Wake's last game was the cup defeat against our host's filthy favourites, whilst Tidser made his debut four days later in a 2-1 win at Stark's Park. The crossover wouldn't have been much more than a week.

Thought the interview was pretty good and it's the sort of communication of what is going on at the club that a lot of fans have been crying out for for years. If there's going to be a work in progress as they suggest then there needs to be clarity with the fans throughout that rather than giving us soundbites when season tickets need to be sold, then going radio silent the rest of the season. I'm looking forward to the future ones and good job to the interviewer for not only softballing easy questions. To be fair to mckinnon and hopkin they don't seem afraid to answer difficult questions.

As for the Brian wake podcast, I'm sure it's very interesting but as someone who listens to a lot of podcasts I just can't tolerate listening to ones with poorer audio quality, which is just a personal preference so had to give up on it.

Keep up the good work though and I'm sure they'll only get better.

Good people will do good things, bad people will do bad things, but only with religion do good people do bad things!

32.gif

33 minutes in and MacKinnon is denying that Farrell is leaving the club, rubbishing that it was ever the case.

Here we have direct quotes from MacKinnon back in November:

“Mark Farrell had advised the club several weeks ago that he had a significant offer for further employment and the club had reluctantly accepted Mark’s resignation. Mark was a respected employee and we will be sad to see him go.

“Mark has given us a big notice period and he will leave in February."

So what else are you telling us lies about, David?

33 minutes in and MacKinnon is denying that Farrell is leaving the club, rubbishing that it was ever the case.

Here we have direct quotes from MacKinnon back in November:

“Mark Farrell had advised the club several weeks ago that he had a significant offer for further employment and the club had reluctantly accepted Mark’s resignation. Mark was a respected employee and we will be sad to see him go.

“Mark has given us a big notice period and he will leave in February."

So what else are you telling us lies about, David?

I still dunno what to think about him. He comes across well at times but you get the feeling he just says what he thinks people want to hear at times and isn't always being honest.

Archived