Morton v Dunfermline - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Dunfermline

AyrshireTon

Nicky Cadden btw. One of the best players in the league. We're winning games again now that he's fit.

Thought he was superb and definitely motm. Seemed to be everywhere - got pace, skill and strength that will win games for us.

Need to get him signed up longer term.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't it be lovely if this was just a really bad honeymoon period and hoppy actually does manage to get it right over the next few seasons...

Cant see it

Still on course to follow his Livingston blueprint of relegation followed by back to back promotions.

Might be missing having a drug dealer as Assistant though.

Bring Super home.

I remember JJ getting 3 wins out of 4 around this time last year... Then we went a run of 1 win in 13!

Hopkin's win ratio is actually pretty decent, joint 3rd best of the ten current managers at 40% but its the losses which are the most concerning. If we can turn a few losses into draws and maintain that win ratio, we will be fine.

Thought he was superb and definitely motm. Seemed to be everywhere - got pace, skill and strength that will win games for us.

Need to get him signed up longer term.

He was brilliant yesterday and had their fullback Comrie on toast! Get him signed up ASAP.

Dunfermline's highlights are up.

http://youtu.be/7gmJnAlf61Y

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Cadden's ball in for Jim's goal was sublime.

Scully😂.

Some strike for their second.

There's a storm on the horizon

And for that I can't see the sun

For I'll keep a waiting on the pavement

For the ice cream van to come

That's our own highlights up now - not as long.

http://youtu.be/dGAxECUo3_o

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Probably our best league performance of the season unless I'm forgetting something. Our intensity in winning the ball and then attacking with it really threw Dunfermline for most of the second half. And while I've called out the team for being gutless in certain games earlier in the season, they also put in some important blocks when it mattered to deal with Dunfermline's few chances to equalise: thi was also the case at Arbroath last week. 

Hopkin deserves credit for making an important change so early in the game, assuming injury was not the decisive factor in that decision. The fact that we started the game so poorly underlines the point that simply keeping a winning team from one week to another is rarely the best approach though. Particularly with the likes of McHugh, Nesbitt and Salkeld set to return, it would be better to build on this run by rotating the lineup based on our strengths (and the opponent's weaknesses) rather than waiting on things to go wrong with the last starting eleven that won a match. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived