Smokies v The Ton - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Smokies v The Ton

jimbobton

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s yer Stephen Welsh injured indefinitely. We could really, really do with that right back now.

We’re as well just sending him back and cutting our losses with him if possible in that case. Can’t afford to be carrying any passengers, especially with him using up a loan slot. I could’ve accepted us trying to persevere with a Stuart Findlay or someone of his ilk when we were in a mess, but Welsh is hardly irreplaceable.

Best possible time for him to pick up and injury.

We’re as well just sending him back and cutting our losses with him if possible in that case. Can’t afford to be carrying any passengers, especially with him using up a loan slot. I could’ve accepted us trying to persevere with a Stuart Findlay or someone of his ilk when we were in a mess, but Welsh is hardly irreplaceable.

Best possible time for him to pick up and injury.

Pity not Grant then we could play the boy in the centre , where he should be.

Did Tumility no play left back last year?

*waves to Gordon*

The Groomed-arse Forum of his must be really shite if he keeps trying to sneak on here. Still, at least he's still hitting that refresh button, that will be this summer's holiday taken care of once again ;)

*insert signature here*

Pity not Grant then we could play the boy in the centre , where he should be.

Did Tumility no play left back last year?

Thought Welsh looked a much better player when he moved into the middle of the back three v Thistle.

People who keep claiming that the centre backs are ‘rotten’ seem to be forgetting that we started the campaign with Brian McLean and Henk van Scheik there FFS. We’re grading from a weird fucking curve. In reality we just have a lower midtable standard back line that gets exposed too often thanks to the significantly poorer midfield in front of them.

And why does Baird somehow escape without criticism this conversation btw? He’s been absolutely no better at centre half than Grant or Welsh at any point this season, yet for some reason people seem delighted that he might extend his loan deal and want the other two hounded.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

What the fuck is this starting XI supposed to be?

Rogers

McLean

Baird

Strapp

Jacobs

Millar

McAlister

Muirhead

Colville

Cadden

Sutton

Assuming Jacobs is right back, 4-4-2 with Colville and Muirhead out wide and Cadden playing off Sutton, or Cadden wide and Muirhead with Sutton? Some sort of diamond whoever the four are? 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Colville in the middle, Cadden and Muirhead out wide? 4-2-3-1? Fuck knows.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

McLean ahead of Grant? Not sure if that’s a bad thing or not seeing as how bad Grant has been but McLean is dire.

Lyon and Nesbitt on the bench is infuriating

Both Nesbitt and Lyon were hopeless against Partick so I'm not surprised.

Both Nesbitt and Lyon were hopeless against Partick so I'm not surprised.

Compared to Robbie Muirhead’s glorious exploits and Millar playing alongside a similarly immobile midfield? That’s an obvious improvement.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived