What do you hate about Morton? - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

What do you hate about Morton?

vikingTON

Yes, and if the money isn't coming back to the club if they sell anyone or goes to rubbish players then people will leave if there's no obvious improvement on the playing side.

Lyon leaving after being paid more without playing much would be an example of how the gamble of focusing on the playing budget is an example of how the strategy could quickly start to fail.

How much more is he being paid?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we got big money from the sale of a player two years ago, say, we would be wanting some of it to be used on the team; the fact that the MCT money has helped facilitate the fee in a significant way only really underlines that. It's a weird thing for football fans to complain about, money getting spent on players.

AWMSC

Some amount of debate over this for a club that hasn’t received a “significant” transfer fee in nearly 8 years.

Also true. I remember we had people insisting Jai Quitongo was 100% worth daft sums of money, and look how that turned out.

AWMSC

Also true. I remember we had people insisting Jai Quitongo was 100% worth daft sums of money, and look how that turned out.

Aye. The fee for Lyon if he goes won’t be anything over £100k. He’s not even a starter for us and we don’t have anything close to a track record of producing players.

Aye. The fee for Lyon if he goes won’t be anything over £100k. He’s not even a starter for us and we don’t have anything close to a track record of producing players.

But you don't need a 'track record' you just need to ask for what you think your asset is worth and not settle for less than that. Point to other clubs at a similar level in comparison if need be.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Lyon leaving after being paid more without playing much would be an example of how the gamble of focusing on the playing budget is an example of how the strategy could quickly start to fail.

^^^ word salad

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

^^^ doing it wrong

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

But you don't need a 'track record' you just need to ask for what you think your asset is worth and not settle for less than that. Point to other clubs at a similar level in comparison if need be.

Did Hamilton have a 'track record' of producing players before James McArthur and James McCarthy were sold for over £3million?

The marketplace will decide what Reece Lyon and, more importantly, Lewis Strapp are both worth. But they should be more than enough to give the lesser Rae's 'their' money back, and ride off into the sunset leaving our club debt free.

*insert signature here*

Reece Lyon & Lewis Strapp will barely put a dent in the debt.

Sad thing is, you're probably right about that, and it's likely to be one of a few things:

1) Their contracts are so crap that they may as well be toilet paper.

2) They accept the first bit from some crap nobody outfit for £50k (a la Tidser, Rotherham)

3) They fail to negotiate properly, not including future sell on clauses, additional payments for promotions etc.

4) They allow the player to run down the contract and walk away for nothing to a competitor.

*insert signature here*

Sad thing is, you're probably right about that, and it's likely to be one of a few things:

1) Their contracts are so crap that they may as well be toilet paper.

2) They accept the first bit from some crap nobody outfit for £50k (a la Tidser, Rotherham)

3) They fail to negotiate properly, not including future sell on clauses, additional payments for promotions etc.

4) They allow the player to run down the contract and walk away for nothing to a competitor.

2) Especially. Would be surprised to see us reject many bids.

I dislike our "Wee team menality" which stems from the top, the way the club is run like a coffee morning and Crawford Rae's Stewardship of the club . 

JB

Harsh af on coffee mornings.

EOho8Pw.png

^^^ stays with maw, never had hole, no life experience. Always likes to think he's right though.

^^^ verge of Cupar-level stalker breakdown

If anyone would like a stay in the free penthouse suite in irnbru’s head then send me a PM.

Archived