Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19 - Page 5 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19

capitanus

How do you know that he didn’t thank them? All you know is that the CEO didn’t appear in the hospitality lounge; which given yesterday’s result and the transfer window opening next week is a bit like top table diners on the Titanic whinging that the captain was too busy dealing with an iceberg to show up to deliver witty anecdotes at dinner.

This is either about your bruised ego or you’re seriously dense enough to think that the CEO of a financially decrepit football club doesn’t thank major backers because it didn’t happen in your esteemed company. I guess it’s up to you to choose which hill you wish to gormlessly die on.

Because I was there and he didn't? For a 'financially decrepit' club it makes sense for them to make sure anyone parting with their cash feels appreciated, even if it's someone paying £100 for a place there. 20 seconds out his day before the game isn't much to ask for.

Doesn't really make a difference to me personally but there were a few comments about it and the club really should be doing all the cam to keep people on board.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The CEO of the club should be thanking every single fan who attends hospitality. It's as simple as that. Just because it's not the largest issue at the moment doesn't mean it isn't an issue.

Yep, of course they should be doing so. It just adds to the sense that nobody actually gives a fuck what's happening and underlines the disdain for fans when nobody from the club bothers their arse to acknowledge mugs that paid £100 to watch that dross.

AWMSC

Aye every time I've been in,either the chairman or CEO and a couple of players have always been present so was surprised myself yesterday. It's over 10k in revenue so you would think they would take a minute or two to pop in and say hello.

Oh and VT, it wasn't a prawn sandwich, but a very refreshing prawn cocktail.

Reece Lyon wheeler out for the post match comments and begging for support.

https://gmfc.net/2019/12/29/reece-lyon-we-need-the-supporters-behind-us/

Reluctant to have a pop at Lyon as he's a young guy and one of our few positives but neither he nor any of his teammates are doing themselves any favours by coming out with that kind of rubbish.

AWMSC

He's a young guy talking to the official club website, so I don't begrudge him toeing the party line.

The real problem is that the "gaffer", "Anton" and fucking "Timmo" are running the club into the ground.

EOho8Pw.png

Because I was there and he didn't? 

Just because he wasn't in the hospitality lounge doesn't mean that the match sponsors weren't thanked at all by the chief executive. Unless you were personally shackled to McKinnon all day and have wire tapped his phone, that is a claim that you cannot back up and is most likely utter nonsense. 

For a 'financially decrepit' club it makes sense for them to make sure anyone parting with their cash feels appreciated, even if it's someone paying £100 for a place there. 

So what should a season ticket holder parting with £300 to watch games from the terracing get from the club then: a shot in the chairman's box and a personal reacharound from the chief executive? 

20 seconds out his day before the game isn't much to ask for.

Well yes it is actually, what with him being the chief executive charged with actually running this football club and not being the greasy-haired host at a two-bob restaurant. It is not part of his job description to gladhand people in hospitality: that his snakeoil salesman predecessor chose to deliver his weekly sermons from there is both not surprising in the slightest and really not a precedent for how things should be done. 

The clear fucking onus right now is on the chief executive to start putting out Saturday's enormous bin fire of a display by the first team and so I couldn't care less if your feels are left unappreciated in the meantime. Sorting the former out will be the basis on which he should be judged by any sane fan rather than your utterly trivial nonsense. 

Doesn't really make a difference to me personally

It quite clearly does though, given your gurning about it all over here for the past 36 hours.

but there were a few comments about it and the club really should be doing all the cam to keep people on board.

The club should be far more concerned about the 'comments' from the plebs towards the end of the game itself on that front, rather than some mutterings from the prawn sandwich brigade. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Just because he wasn't in the hospitality lounge doesn't mean that the match sponsors weren't thanked at all by the chief executive. Unless you were personally shackled to McKinnon all day and have wire tapped his phone, that is a claim that you cannot back up and is most likely utter nonsense.

So what should a season ticket holder parting with £300 to watch games from the terracing get from the club then: a shot in the chairman's box and a personal reacharound from the chief executive?

Well yes it is actually, what with him being the chief executive charged with actually running this football club and not being the greasy-haired host at a two-bob restaurant. It is not part of his job description to gladhand people in hospitality: that his snakeoil salesman predecessor chose to deliver his weekly sermons from there is both not surprising in the slightest and really not a precedent for how things should be done.

The clear fucking onus right now is on the chief executive to start putting out Saturday's enormous bin fire of a display by the first team and so I couldn't care less if your feels are left unappreciated in the meantime. Sorting the former out will be the basis on which he should be judged by any sane fan rather than your utterly trivial nonsense.

It quite clearly does though, given your gurning about it all over here for the past 36 hours.

The club should be far more concerned about the 'comments' from the plebs towards the end of the game itself on that front, rather than some mutterings from the prawn sandwich brigade.

Looks like only one person is worked up about it.

This is a rather strange hill to die on.

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks! 

Looks like only one person is worked up about it.

A: It’s still you.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived