Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton vs. Partick - 28/12/19

capitanus

A horrible wee bin club will be visiting us this weekend, sitting within earshot of us in pubs talking about the wonderful Christmas they had in their overpriced Thornwood hovels with their vegan nutroasts and visits from LGBeeTee friends called Lewis and Giles, who fully approve of their wee rainbow thingy on their kits as an attempt to gentrify the club away from the Possil mutants who support them.

Anyway, one of the things I hate about Cappielow is having to share the cowshed with these fuckers nowadays. Get them in the Wee Dublin End whilst it's freezing and pissing down from the heavens.

As for the score, it will be purely academic as even although they will be struggling just now, in a season or two they'll be streets ahead of us both on and off the park, thanks to the lesser Raes and the idiotic MCT idea which is there to sustain the status quo whilst they plead poverty.

It's fucking grim, I tell thee. GRIM.

Anyway,

Merry Christmas everyone. :D

*insert signature here*

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All reports suggest the takeover was complete but you wonder hoe far they were with signing it all off, whether he was really pulling the strings if his health was so bad, whether that could be challenged if the vulture circle. Could get messy.

As for the score, it will be purely academic as even although they will be struggling just now, in a season or two they'll be streets ahead of us both on and off the park, thanks to the lesser Raes and the idiotic MCT idea which is there to sustain the status quo whilst they plead poverty.

Not if we put them back in their box and despatch them to the seaside league, where Ian McCall’s cider-fuelled fantasies of returning them to the top flight go to die alongside those of Ray ‘Ray’ McKinnon at Grangemouth. With their boardroom thrown into a state of chaos that is now not just a possible but quite realistic outcome, which makes the outcome of this game all the more important.

Get them hounded.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Partick are handy favourites to win this one. Getting nearly 2/1 on us, at home with Cadden and Nesbitt both fit is generous as it gets.

(Not an employee of the club btw)

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

We could start a petition to get you a job?

I'll accept nothing less than salaried non exec board member. Skills include being good at turning up in a suit and accepting free booze.

Peter Weatherson is the greatest player since Ritchie, and should be assigned 'chairman for life' 

onsP5NR.jpg

Been on holiday is this a hope or for real.

Died spending all his money on excesses?

Probably one of the worst posts I have ever read on here - and that my friend, is some achievement. 

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Dunno about that. His investments seemed a bit more sensible and longer term than just throwing money at players, i.e. building training facilities.

The training ground idea had already been dropped prior to this happening. It was about as realistic a plan as Gretna’s 8,000 seater eco-stadium in the Solway Firth under their own Walter Mitty figure.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Minute's applause before the game today, according to Partick's twitter.

Edit - our twitter confirmed.

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

When there was one astroturf pitch in Inverclyde, and no shortage of days when training outside was miserable at best to impossible at worst, you could argue the need for bespoke training facilities for some top tier teams. Now with decent astroturf pitches being ten a penny, and the ease of securing time on both them and other indoor gyms/five a side courts - it is financial stupidity of the highest order for teams such as Partick to be looking at their own bespoke training facilities - there is absolutely no return on investment in it, and you burden yourself with a major overhead that needs to be maintained, utilised and will, in general terms, suck money from you at an inordinate rate. This is Finance 101.  

Two Uniteds but the soul is one, as the Busby Babes carry on.

Why are we pleading poverty as a football club while opening three ends of the park to those Possil tinks when they should all be shoved in the WDE?

Archived