2019 - Highlights of the Year - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

2019 - Highlights of the Year

capitanus

For me it has to be beating Dundee United 1-0 on the final game of the season, and the party we had celebrating Falkirk's relegation.

The televised Partick 3-2 game was also great, as was the 'riot' against Falkirk.

What was everyone else's highlights of the year?

*insert signature here*

Very few to choose from. I’d probably go with the final Falkirk game last season. I really feared for us going into the game as a defeat would’ve dragged us right into danger with hardly any games left but the team put on an outstanding performance, mainly carried by Kiltie, and basically relegated that mob.

Cadden’s goal yesterday is right up there as well. A highlight based on the fact that his strike made yesterday’s journey worthwhile and is one of the best I’ve ever seen from a Morton player.

Slim pickings, really, but:

• Beating Falkirk in April to help seal their relegation. They'd managed a win over Dunfermline the week prior to give themselves a chance, but we soon put an end to that nonsense.
  • Beating Falkirk in the SFA tribunal, come to think of it. We shut up a lot of people that way.
  • The 3-2 comeback win over Thistle was pretty delicious.
  • Was going to say, having Reese Lyon become a first-team regular from our own cantera, but I suppose that started in 2018. Strapp, though, only really made the breakthrough for us this year, so that's a highlight.
  • Cadden.
  • Signing Cameron Blues on loan, then signing a fifth loanee, meaning we had to sign him for real.
  • "Blindgate" in the Tele.
  • Watching the former Morton players at Falkirk either disappear into obscurity or slip on banana peels on a semi-regular basis.

EOho8Pw.png

Slim pickings, really, but:

• Beating Falkirk in April to help seal their relegation. They'd managed a win over Dunfermline the week prior to give themselves a chance, but we soon put an end to that nonsense.Beating Falkirk in the SFA tribunal, come to think of it. We shut up a lot of people that way.
  • The 3-2 comeback win over Thistle was pretty delicious.
  • Was going to say, having Reese Lyon become a first-team regular from our own cantera, but I suppose that started in 2018. Strapp, though, only really made the breakthrough for us this year, so that's a highlight.
  • Cadden.
  • Signing Cameron Blues on loan, then signing a fifth loanee, meaning we had to sign him for real.
  • "Blindgate" in the Tele.
  • Watching the former Morton players at Falkirk either disappear into obscurity or slip on banana peels on a semi-regular basis.

I forgot about half of those.

The resignation of Johannsen and The Beetroot Taxi Driver/part-time Assistant Manager before kick-off was also a highlight.

Overall, it's great fun being a Morton Supporter. :thumbup2:

*insert signature here*

Archived