Today's match: vs. Dunfermline, away 7/12/19 - Page 3 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Today's match: vs. Dunfermline, away 7/12/19

capitanus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopkin’s killing this club, most of us don’t even care now. Blame Rae all you like, but the football were “attempting” to play is chronic. Any half decent coach/manager could have this lot comfortably in mid-table, he’s an imposter.

As of next Saturday let them know it is not good enough any Morton ifan I have spoken to is not happy let's voice our opinion we did it against Scott.

So are you planning to organise this or are you just telling people to do it?

Is it the players you are telling, or the manager or Crawford Rae? If it's Crawford, I would suggest not going. If it's the manager, make sure you sit near the dugout.

So are you planning to organise this or are you just telling people to do it?

Is it the players you are telling, or the manager or Crawford Rae? If it's Crawford, I would suggest not going. If it's the manager, make sure you sit near the dugout.

You pay your money I assume so you have the same voice but if you are happy keep clapping.

You pay your money I assume so you have the same voice but if you are happy keep clapping.

Didn't say I was happy. Haven't spoken to a Morton fan who is happy with the football on the park or team selection etc.

More an issue with your "make sure they hear us, so we make a statement" shtick. I think it's pretty clear that Hopkin is here for the duration.

We actually looked like a genuine attacking threat for about 25 minutes yesterday, which is the first time that’s happened in a league game in months, but as ever we have no one else to blame despite the officiating farce for the opener.

If you’re going to throw away goals like the second, and then you only start playing when you’re two goals behind and the game is realistically gone, you’re going to lose. You can argue that on this occasion there was genuinely an element of just not getting the breaks and on another day something might have fallen for us at 2-1 etc etc, but when you’re losing so many games crying about luck doesn’t cut it.

We were a total shambles for an hour of the game with Hopkin getting his team selection wrong once again, and that we only came into the game after Nesbitt and Lyon were on the park isn’t something to credit him for in getting subs right when everyone else who watches this team can see that both of them should be starting. Neither McAlister or Millar can play in a midfield two regardless of who’s beside them, they can’t even play together in a three, so putting them together in a two is a right laugh.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

The Dundee United game is a free hit - a result shouldn't be expected, but given that they've already lost inexplicably to Alloa and Queen of the South on their travels then it's not out of the question either. The last three games of 2019 are absolutely critical for the rest of the season: they are the easiest set of fixtures you could choose at this level and we must be targeting a minimum of seven points out of nine from them to push us back into the midfield pack for now. Whereas if the club keeps treating one win in every three as worthy of an open top bus parade along Cathcart Street instead then we'll remain in a mini league at the bottom and once Partick throw money at their problems again in the transfer window, a defeat in the play-offs would be in the post. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The Dundee United game is a free hit - a result shouldn't be expected, but given that they've already lost inexplicably to Alloa and Queen of the South on their travels then it's not out of the question either. The last three games of 2019 are absolutely critical for the rest of the season: they are the easiest set of fixtures you could choose at this level and we must be targeting a minimum of seven points out of nine from them to push us back into the midfield pack for now. Whereas if the club keeps treating one win in every three as worthy of an open top bus parade along Cathcart Street instead then we'll remain in a mini league at the bottom and once Partick throw money at their problems again in the transfer window, a defeat in the play-offs would be in the post.

Yeah, I’m not expecting much out of Tuesday, but we absolutely need to be taking at least a point against Queens.

The third goal sums up everything that is disappointing about this campaign so far. The very least that we should have expected from this team is that it would be bullying everyone else at set pieces - this being one of the traits that gave Livingston (and ourselves) an edge in the 2017/18 season despite being rancid from open play. Instead we manage to cock up an attacking set piece so badly that we concede at the other end: this was not part of the prospectus at all. 

Hopkin's post match comment that he didn't know why the players chose to take a short corner at that stage of the game is truly baffling. Why on earth are the players being given agency to deal with that situation in the first place? This isn't a high flying Liverpool side making a clever move in the Champions League semi final here: this is a badly out of sorts rabble, on track for a record shattering eighth away league defeat on the bounce. This team's set pieces should therefore be 99% organisation. Plan as many set piece routines as you think they can handle; drill them relentlessly in your 'full time' training all week; then select one of them to use at that stage of the game instead of letting Robbie Muirhead and the gang think of some dung, back of a fag packet exercise instead. 

There are certain things that a management team can't legislate for in a match: such as an opposition players scoring a worldie or the monumental fuck up at the second goal on Saturday. I can have no sympathy however for a team that isn't set up to properly exploit set pieces, given the clear impact that competent coaching and decision-making in this area can have on the match. The club is leaving a dozen goals over the course of a season on the table at the moment and it's high time that they started taking responsibility for getting them right. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

The third goal sums up everything that is disappointing about this campaign so far. The very least that we should have expected from this team is that it would be bullying everyone else at set pieces - this being one of the traits that gave Livingston (and ourselves) an edge in the 2017/18 season despite being rancid from open play. Instead we manage to cock up an attacking set piece so badly that we concede at the other end: this was not part of the prospectus at all. 

Hopkin's post match comment that he didn't know why the players chose to take a short corner at that stage of the game is truly baffling. Why on earth are the players being given agency to deal with that situation in the first place? This isn't a high flying Liverpool side making a clever move in the Champions League semi final here: this is a badly out of sorts rabble, on track for a record shattering eighth away league defeat on the bounce. This team's set pieces should therefore be 99% organisation. Plan as many set piece routines as you think they can handle; drill them relentlessly in your 'full time' training all week; then select one of them to use at that stage of the game instead of letting Robbie Muirhead and the gang think of some dung, back of a fag packet exercise instead. 

There are certain things that a management team can't legislate for in a match: such as an opposition players scoring a worldie or the monumental fuck up at the second goal on Saturday. I can have no sympathy however for a team that isn't set up to properly exploit set pieces, given the clear impact that competent coaching and decision-making in this area can have on the match. The club is leaving a dozen goals over the course of a season on the table at the moment and it's high time that they started taking responsibility for getting them right. 

Too long, didn't read. 

And yet you still spent time furiously editing that abortion of a post regardless.

Better luck next time.

Archived