Morton v Arbroath - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Arbroath

TRVMP

I know Transfermarkt isn't the most accurate place in the world in terms of who is a senior squad member and who isn't, but it says the average age at Morton is 24.7. The average for the division as a whole is 25.2. Teams with a younger average include Dundee, Dunfermline, and QoS. The only teams with an average higher than 27 are the two part-time teams (and they, admittedly, have the smallest squads.)

I'm just not sure where he's going with this age thing. For one thing, he signed the squad, and I don't recall anyone clamoring for him to bring in guys like Adam Livingstone and Cameron Blues and Kalvin Orsi, who aren't late twenties. Or Robbie Muirhead, for that matter.

He's not necessarily wrong that it would be good to have a bit of experience in the squad that isn't completely ancient, but maybe instead of signing four regens he could have saved the budget for one or two such players?

I don’t think he was referring to the average age of the squad, rather that we have young players and old heads, with a lack of players at the peak age of mid to late twenties?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think he was referring to the average age of the squad, rather that we have young players and old heads, with a lack of players at the peak age of mid to late twenties?

Which is fair enough, but he has built a large squad. If we had 18-19 players I'd have a lot more sympathy with him, but he's signed a lot of young players. They are cheaper, but surely we could live without a couple of them and sign someone more of McHugh's age.

EOho8Pw.png

Which is fair enough, but he has built a large squad. If we had 18-19 players I'd have a lot more sympathy with him, but he's signed a lot of young players. They are cheaper, but surely we could live without a couple of them and sign someone more of McHugh's age.

I agree, though it must be more difficult to attract players at the peak of their careers to come to Morton with our current wage structure. Those type of players are being snapped up by the likes of Dundee Utd and Premiership Clubs. That’s apart from Nesbitt who can’t seem to get a look in!

Looks like VT been making the correct call for a while.

It's not called award-winning, fact-based analysis for nothing.

greggy-1_zpsa6468549.png

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

It’s also called the law of averages when you get one right now and again!

And yet you're still 0 for 349 chump. 

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

They'll probably just get a local gardner to cut the grass. We're a joke of a club.

The guy before Mark Farrell was a greenkeeper for one of the local golf courses. There will be someone local that would be able to maintain a grass pitch to a decent standard, whilst doing other things. I don't think it would be rocket science.

*insert signature here*

Archived