Dundee v Morton - 1st November - Match Thread - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Dundee v Morton - 1st November - Match Thread

Chesh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two games in four days thrown away by Hopkin’s refusal to make subs until we were behind. We obviously needed Lyon and Nesbitt on at 0-0 and he waited until the last 10 minutes.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

Garbage. They were more than beatable and we looked nowhere near being able to do so. It’s looking more and more like Hopkin does not know what to do. I don’t think there’s a lack of effort from the players, but whatever we’re doing at training just isn’t working. There is every chance we could go down, and Hopkin would obviously still be in charge.

Ramsbottom looking dodgy as usual. Always gives you a laughably bad moment.

Why is Nesbitt not starting?

Sad to say, we’re playing terrible football under Hopkin. Will not be back to Cappielow anytime soon.. £20 for that on a cold winters day!? Nah...

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

We will be in a relegation scrap, I think its fair to say it's not knicker wetting this time as there is a realistic chance we will be bottom by the end of next Saturday.

We are genuinely dreadful away from home, we have a clueless, deluded and negative manager at helm who never makes the changes when needed or continues with playing players out of position (muirhead) and will speak alot of nonsense to the media about young squads and mistakes.

Im making perfect sense, your just not keeping up.

My Twitter - 
https://twitter.com/RJChesh

Apart from that (pretty good) goal, that was dreadful. Can’t tackle, can’t pass, can’t shoot, and we have a volleyball player in goal. Jesus fuck, how are we so bad? Wtf was Hopkin playing at dropping Lyon for this game? He is clueless. Tactically inept, won’t freshen up the team to maintain effort, hasnae got a clue. We do have some decent players but they don’t work as a unit cos there are some very weak links in the squad. We are in trouble here. Dundee are nothing special and we should have been able to see that game out. Lot of work to do and first thing is to put Sheepsarse on EBay.

"Any nation given the opportunity to regain its national sovereignty and which then rejects it is so far beneath contempt that it is hard to put words to it."

Reminder that Hopkin was brought in in large part because he supposedly (well, at least I thought so) was a tactician who could build hard-to-beat, industrial squads on a small budget.

It's amazing to think how different it's turned out. Opposing managers will be roaring laughing, knowing that they just need to wait til the final 15 minutes for us to pay out like a broken puggy.

EOho8Pw.png

Agreed. We're beat as soon as we see him on the teamsheet. It's not our only problem though.Defence looked a bit better tonight,though the persistence in booting the ball to no one is killing us.Salkeld is looking good, Sutton is better than McHugh. Nesbitt should be in the team always. Why did he drop Lyon? What is hard about this?

I'd rather go shopping with the wife than continue watching this rubbish.

It's only when I see a full game on telly I understand just how shocking we are. Dundee looked poor for most of the game but we gifted them so much possession with aimless punts and crap passing out of defence that we invited waves of attacks.

McHugh worked hard but never seemed to get any consistent support from midfield. The goal keeper needs to go back to the depths of the Hellenic league or whatever midden he came from as he is so far out his depth it's untrue. 

Hopkins inability to produce a coherent plan or to influence the game positively is perhaps the most worrying thing. He appears to be an absolute charlatan who's doing the job as a hobby. 

Got to feel for anyone paying to watch that shambles. Sadly it's the same old dross we've seen for decades.

This season has the same feeling of resignation that there was in the 2001/2 season under Peter Cormack when we had a quickly arranged assortment of journeymen, castoffs, drifters, layabouts, youngsters and complete shite masquerading as 'seasoned pro's'. That was perhaps acceptable back then given the nature of what we had just experienced/survived, and nobody really expected us to do anything that season.

If we survive relegation this season, then it is nothing short of a miracle. We are fucking shit.

*insert signature here*

Absolute brutal football. Feel for those who travelled.

When Hopkin was at Livvy, some questioned their style of play but at least he was getting results and his team was hard to beat, organised,never beaten attitude blah blah blah.

We are getting none of those things and we are getting pumped most weeks.

A 2-1 loss away to Dundee in isolation is not a disaster but when you add in the run, the negative tactics, teams selection, lack of subs, it turns into yet another woeful result.

I'm going to find it increasingly hard to justify the 70 odd mile round trip every second week to Cappielow to watch absolute garbage. Crowd took a big hit last Sat, how low will it be for our next home game.

The lack of communication from within Cappielow makes it even more frustrating. Propaganda in the tele is useless. Get Hopkin interviewed on the website/YouTube like every other manager in our division(and prob the two divisions below us) after each game.

Club need to sort this mess out fast or we will be the next Falkirk.

Archived