Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October - Page 4 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October

Chesh

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?

3rd goal was never his fault. Was a good save.

Blame Jacobs for letting McCowan waltz past him

He’s got to get that away from the goal , he’s not had to move much for it and got a good hand to it. He’s either got to catch it or get it away from the goal, he’s parried it right to their player. Keepers mistake. To add to the multiple others he’s already got under his belt.

The game was handed to Ayr by the first and second goals where the defence was posted missing and parted like the red sea giving 2 easy goals.

All we had to do was tighten up for 10 minutes after going one up and we would probably have took something from the game.

How was the game ‘handed to them’ from those goals when it became 2-2 anyway, with half an hour to go for a competent manager to make changes? Bring on a midfielder for a flagging attempt at pressing the opposition. Take off Salkeld who was knackered and had potential to get sent off. There were plenty of options available to try and win the game from that point but the manager chose instead to wait and see until it was too late.

The responsibility is 100% on that.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

JJ was hounded for the same last season, time to stop accepting this p*sh, we’ve gone nowhere but backwards since we got rid of Jim Duffy. Hopkins has had in increase to both of their budgets and his recruitment has been an absolute shambles.

1) We actually finished two places higher in the league table last season than in the final campaign under your dreamboat Duffy’s management, so that’s wrong. That piss poor performance was precisely why he got emptied.

2) I’m hardly president of the ‘Hopkins’ (where has this bizarre typo come from?) fan club but the idea that he has a significantly larger budget than his predecessors is nonsense. The tantrum in Golden Casket’s published accounts a few weeks ago clearly shows that they’ve ‘resolved’ their losses at the club by cutting back, as well as the MCT scheme taking up the slack. The budget still isn’t even remotely an excuse for floundering beneath Arbroath, but the idea that previous managers were working with less is clearly untrue.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Bloody frustrating that. Thought we actually did OK tonight for a change and should certainly have walked away with at least a draw.

Yet more question marks about Hopkin, he is really not doing himself any favours.No wonder our crowds are pish! The team was crying out for a few changes but he was content to sit on a draw against the mighty Ayr.

Muirhead at left mid when Nesbitt on the bench?? Least he wasn't left back this time I suppose. Big man did alright but just play players in their natural positions or don't play them at all ffs.

They caused us a lot of problems down our right side, why, because they know Welsh is suspect there and not a right back. Really feel for him as he has not had a great time of it playing there and had another poor game tonight.

Thought Strapp and particularly Lyon had good games though.

Scunnered.

He’s got to get that away from the goal , he’s not had to move much for it and got a good hand to it. He’s either got to catch it or get it away from the goal, he’s parried it right to their player. Keepers mistake. To add to the multiple others he’s already got under his belt.

Never a keeper's mistake. Getting to it at all was impressive, it was a seriously well struck shot. You can't claim that every save ever made in football that isn't tipped out of play or onto a completely clear area is an error, that's just utter nonsense.

He's still not good enough, but that goal wasn't his fault.

Never a keeper's mistake. Getting to it at all was impressive, it was a seriously well struck shot. You can't claim that every save ever made in football that isn't tipped out of play or onto a completely clear area is an error, that's just utter nonsense.

Absolute, complete, utter, total horseshit.

Any goalkeeper who allows that shot past him is getting hounded, because it was easily close enough to his body to be saving. A competent goalkeeper puts that out for a corner, or alternatively puts enough power in palming it across the goal that it’s a distance away from being in line with the six yard box.

Ramsbottom palmed it to the middle of the box, because he’s comparable to the guy your mate invited to fives when you were desperate for an extra body who asked to go in goal after 5 minutes of breathing out his arse, who then lets anything with the slightest hint of power right through him.

Brian Wake my Lord, Brian Wake

Oh Lord, Brian Wake

If the shot was so well struck that only a fingertip save was possible then simple physics points to that shot being tipped - the clue is in the word - wide or behind for a corner. You simply can’t push a shot from such a wide angle into the middle of the penalty box without getting a good hand to it in the first place, it’s physically impossible. And given that he therefore could change the course of the ball significantly, the onus is on him to deflect it wide or behind for a corner.

Between this nonsense and the excuses for Saturday’s goal as well it’s clear that we are now grading on a curve when it comes to shots that even a bog-standard seaside league keeper would be expected to deal with.

All three goals caused by a static defence. For the third I thought Ramsbottom was at full stretch and only just got a touch but I’d have to see it again.

Not good enough overall, but I’ll maybe forgive Hopkin his late reactions if we win on Friday night. 

McGhee needs some support, there's no-one backing him up.
Hayes playing it forward, Bell being forced to do it all alone, now forward from Marr, here's Ritchie, still Andy Ritchie, look at the control...

That is a marvellous goal from Andy Ritchie. Twenty minutes on the clock and Morton's supporters come alive. A goal which epitomises the control, the arrogance, the cheek of Andy Ritchie.

Not good enough overall, but I’ll maybe forgive Hopkin his late reactions if we win on Friday night.

Yeah because those last ten minutes of flogging a dead horse tonight and losing as a result will somehow prove critical to that triumph.

Muirhead’s been a disaster eh? Literally stated the reason he signed was to be played in his favoured position (Hopkin agreeing at the time) and he’s either not played in it or not played at all. Not saying he should’ve, McHugh is clearly the better player and Sutton a better option as backup, but I do feel a bit for the guy.

Muirhead’s been a disaster eh? Literally stated the reason he signed was to be played in his favoured position (Hopkin agreeing at the time) and he’s either not played in it or not played at all. Not saying he should’ve, McHugh is clearly the better player and Sutton a better option as backup, but I do feel a bit for the guy.

Hopkin also said we were very lucky to have him when he signed and he had previously played in positions that were a bit alien to him. In his 2 league starts for us he has played left back and left mid!

I thought he showed he could offer something last night though but tired and should have come off earlier. Its the same with

Salkeld so shows the squad isn't that bad - lots of the problems are Hopkin's making and he should have a team at least capable of being more organised than it is.

On the subject of the budget, I can see where the suggestion that it's not as bad as has been made out comes from despite all the protestations of poverty. We've ended up with an awful lot of players who aren't getting near the starting team, and not all of the squad are likely to be on pennies - Nesbitt and Cadden are surely getting an alright Championship wage - so at times the "skint" line has seemed a bit inconsistent. Also, nobody at all forced Hopkin to rush out and sign Ramsbottom and Orsi, for example, whilst he signed Cameron Blues not once but twice so he can't really whine about budgets. 

At the most basic level though, Hopkin has failed to do what he was brought in to do: he was never hired as a low-level Guardiola, he was signed up with the expectation that he could make an apparently low budget squad a tough, hard-to-beat unit which he's made a rip-roaring mess of already. He couldn't really have many complaints if he got punted (which he won't).

AWMSC

Watched the highlights there.

Midfield and defence badly at fault for all three goals. Midfielders letting Ayr players go past them far too easily, and defenders standing yards off their man - failing at the absolute basics.

Another dodgy ‘save’ from Ramsbottom too - the standard parry right into the middle of the box for their winner. Always rated Gaston as being a pretty decent keeper for our level... aren’t half missing him now!

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Ramsbottom’s feet are too slow for professional football. For the 3rd goal a bog standard keeper for this level is on his feet quicker after the stop and then it’s a simple step to the left and take the ball into the chest. Instead we’ve got him flailing with a big stupid dive. Rubbish.

I don’t think there’s any doubt that we have the worst keeper(s) in the league. Must get that fixed in January or we’ll be in serious trouble.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Archived