Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October - Page 6 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Morton v Ayr United - Tuesday 29th October

Chesh

The amount of times we shell the ball forward without even looking up to actually see who’s there is infuriating.

The point was to put the ball into their final third and win the second ball there with McHugh, Salkeld and the midfielders pressing to support them. Within reason (i.e. not Ramsbottom just shelling it out of the park completely) you don't need to look for a decent pass in that situation. This worked fine in the first half, where we had the better chances and restricted Ayr to nothing, but largely stopped working in the second half because the forwards tired and the midfield stopped pushing forward to support them. If that happens then you need certainly to have a decent plan B - and our 'Sutton as a targetman' effort stopped working weeks ago - but there is nothing inherently wrong with that plan.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived