Scottish Cup Third Round Draw - Page 2 - General Morton Chatter - TheMortonForum.com Jump to content
TheMortonForum.com

Scottish Cup Third Round Draw

BishopBrennan

Interested to see the BBC intro was all about Auchinleck, and Jane Lewis describing their tie against Arbroath as the stand out tie- it really isn’t. A potential Buckfast derby and a Linlithgow v Falkirk derby stand out far more.

Would it be fair to suggest that Auchinleck are fitting very neatly into the Partick Thistle category of media darlings whenever the Scottish Cup comes along?

Interested to see the BBC intro was all about Auchinleck, and Jane Lewis describing their tie against Arbroath as the stand out tie- it really isn’t. A potential Buckfast derby and a Linlithgow v Falkirk derby stand out far more.

Would it be fair to suggest that Auchinleck are fitting very neatly into the Partick Thistle category of media darlings whenever the Scottish Cup comes along?

BBC schedulers agree that the Linlithgow Falkirk tie is far more appealing, and will be showing it live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50139351

BBC schedulers agree that the Linlithgow Falkirk tie is far more appealing, and will be showing it live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50139351

They probably would’ve gone for that tie anyway, but bear in mind that Auchinleck’s primitive facilities can’t cater for anything later than a 1.30pm kick off after the clocks go back.

They really shouldn’t have be allowed to enter the cup in the first place.

They stay in on account of knocking little Ayr out. 

Nah, fuck 'em.

If they want to spend their weekend travelling round pumping their cousins, as is the norm in these parts, that's up to them. But if they do they shouldn't be allowed to hoover up sponsorship money that more worthy clubs who are prepared to test themselves in a functioning pyramid system could get, never mind getting the opportunity to share a park with far more illustrious clubs like Morton.

I'm all for the Scottish Cup being opened up as much as possible, but until junior football is disbanded then we shouldn't be giving these clubs a slice of the cake.

They're also a minging wee club from a minging wee town, that shouldn't be forgotten.

Nah, fuck 'em.

If they want to spend their weekend travelling round pumping their cousins, as is the norm in these parts, that's up to them. But if they do they shouldn't be allowed to hoover up sponsorship money that more worthy clubs who are prepared to test themselves in a functioning pyramid system could get, never mind getting the opportunity to share a park with far more illustrious clubs like Morton.

I'm all for the Scottish Cup being opened up as much as possible, but until junior football is disbanded then we shouldn't be giving these clubs a slice of the cake.

They're also a minging wee club from a minging wee town, that shouldn't be forgotten.

I agree totally. I don't actually have anything against the Junior grade, and when I still lived in Scotland I'd go to Junior games after the SFL (as it was then) season ended, as the floodlight-lacking Junior teams in and around Glasgow quite often played right through into late June. But they have their own Scottish Cup and their own way of doing things, and they would certainly never let an amateur team into it, much less a senior team. Quite why we return the favor to them when they don't adhere to any senior rules is beyond me.

EOho8Pw.png

Nah, fuck 'em.

Totally agree. Juniors have there own cup and should be left to fester in their own pish

Floodlighting should be a prerequisite to entry, and I'm actually surprised that so many 'Joon-yurs' outfits don't have something as basic as four lamp posts to make the pitch playable in the evenings. Nobody would expect them to be the best, but something that you see at places like Parklea or Crownpoint should be sufficient for that level of Football.

*insert signature here*

• 3 weeks later...

I think the days of a good price for anything from Morton are long gone, so expect a price like this for this type of game being the norm from now on.

The thing about Crawford and his bus wanker mate, they expect us to pay similar prices to the likes of Partick and the Dundee clubs, when they have the overheads both on and off the park to justify that kind of price, whereas we have a stadium the same as what we had 30years ago, plus garbage like Ramsbottom, Brian McLean and Cameron Blues who are Stranraer-level players at best, yet we're still expected to pay through the nose for the pleasure.

Oh, and don't forget -

'ivry buddy chip in munny'.

*insert signature here*

When Brora win the club should be immediately liquidated.

The site is supposed to be a place for the extended 'family' of Morton supporters - having an affinity with people that you don't know, because you share a love of your local football club. It's not supposed to be about point scoring and showing how 'clever' or 'funny' you are, or just being downright rude and offensive to people you don't know, because you can get away with it. Unfortunately, it seems the classic case of people who have little standing/presence in real life, use this forum as a way of making themselves feel as if they are something. It's sad, and I've said that before..

So, having been on Morton forums for about 15 years I guess, I've had enough... well done t*ssers, another Morton supporter driven away. You can all feel happy at how 'clever' you are

Archived